WW2 101st Airborne Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WW2 101st Airborne Kit

looking good! i use a 101st loadout as well. if your ever down at ****** *****, theres a squad of us there, and we usually bring my willys Jeep :D
    My only critasism - loose the goggles on the helmet! They were used in Holywood, but very rarely actually used in the field.

Comment

Gotta agree, while the kit is nice, the pics are AWSOME, really liking those!
      Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
      you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
      eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

I love all the kit, the guns and the photos, and I'm wondering what effect you used on the second photo down for the colour that it is?

Comment

Outstanding Trooper! Damn fine look you have there!

Cheers,

Tom

Comment

Cheers for all the comments and feedback chaps :D

In reply to your comments

@kommissarboris
            It's a Marushin M1 8mm GBB, I got it of some chap who was selling it on the forums here few weeks back, It's so nice

@skapunkninja
            God I'd love to go in a Willys Jeep :D I'm really keen on trying to get a few more people interested in ww2 gear. With the goggles, I'm thinking of getting some new glasses or mesh glassses or something, they're nice but a bit bulky.

@GhostDivisionAirsoft

I'm not pro but I'm really into my photography :P when it comes to editing some of my photos I use Adobe Lightroom 3, there like loads of preset effects so I used a Sepia effect, and then I just went round fiddling with all the saturations, hues, contrast etc etc
            "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"

Comment

Ta very much! It looks very similar to the Band of Brothers pictures they have on the box set :P

Comment

Pictures are great mate, I am curently doing a willys jeep converstion and hopefully our group (Dog Company) will be going to the weekender with 3 jeeps and a dodge weapons carrier

Comment

This is my first attempt at a 101st Airborne loadout, designed as a D-Day era NCO. Still partly a work in progress, let me know what you think, constructive criticism is much appriciated

G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                  RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Looking good so far! Now go outside and roll in the mud abit :p

Comment

Originally posted by skapunkninja View Post
                      Looking good so far! Now go outside and roll in the mud abit :p
                      Yes, it looks FAAAR to clean!
                      G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                      RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

My friend modleing my 101st kit for some uni storyboard work.
                        Since this picture i've added decals to the helmet and netting
                        We're airborne, we're meant to be surrounded!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by watsit20 View Post
                          Thinking about it, theres probably many things that have led me to go down this road. WW2 is something that has always grabbed my attention from when I was back in primary school.
                          I guess films/TV series like Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, The Pacific, A bridge to far... (this list could go on forever lol) have kind of sealed my interest in the subject. Band of Brothers definitely inspired me to go the Airborne route with my airsoft kit. To be honest, i'm not really a big fan of modern warfare, everyone just looks the same if you know what I mean, where as with ww2 gear you're easily recognisable, and it just seems much more unique which is why I like it more to modern gear.
                          You hit the nail on the head, world war 2 has always grabbed me from a young age too and uniform to me is pretty powerful!
                          We're airborne, we're meant to be surrounded!
                          sigpic

Comment

Those pictures are fantastic, I have a 99% finished airborne loadout, I just don't have enough money to get the jump boots atm. And don't get gaiters you have the correct boots anyway.

Comment

Needs dirt!

Comment

Something you might want to consider the 101st didn't wear the stars and stripes flag, but the 82nd did.

You might also want to change your mag pouches to the thompson mag pouch.

Just hopes this helps a little for a very good start on a good loadout and would even do a re-enactor proud.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

watsit20 Find out more about watsit20
                                Working...
                                X