Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attempt at a ranger loadout

Well first attempt at a proper loadout

Will be spraying the helmet soon I am looking for pcu level 5 to run and acu and woodland loadout any suggestions for more kit that I need will be more than welcome
    "One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know." Capt. Geoffrey T. Spaulding

Re: Attempt at a ranger loadout

Not to sound too critical but nothing in the pic really strikes me as rangerish.

If your using woodland for the time being ditch the RG rig and go with a RACK load bearing rig in woodland, could proabably ditch the lid for a boonie as well as it wont look right unless your rocking a frag vest to go along with it. Also some nomex aviator gloves in od.

For an idea of what I'm on about.

For old school rock alice webbing with a patrol cap.

For the acu/pcu setup you'll need a decent mich 2000 replica with velcro, norotos one hole mount and all that jazz then either an Land ciras, RRV, EPC (which you have) in ranger green or a RAV in smoke green, RG paca soft armor with the lighter rigs, peltor comtacs/sordins (replica or otherwise), Decent books like merrel sawtooths, bates or oakleys and probably an arm map panel and black kneepads to finish it off.

For an up to date impression you'll want some crye (or replica) gen 2-3 multicam threads with pretty much the same gear as the above.

Hope that helps in some way.
    > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

I second drakes post, with the exception that rangers are swapping over to MJK gear, so if you want a 2011 ranger loadout you'll need khaki gear...
      Also I think the OP's vest is an LBT6094A not an EPC which is not accurate, AFAIK rangers are using MBAVs now to replace the CIRAS (essentially an EPC w/cummerbund with sewn in soft armour) so it might be worth lurking around some of the auction sites to see if you can get one...
      <- Stole it from an American forum...

All that said, it looks as if your BDU is RAID modified so if you swapped to khaki/MLCS gear you'd be on your way to making a SEAL loadout, with the addition of a MICH with 3pt norotos Velcro etc.

However a kitlist would be useful! Everything depends on how accurate you want your loadout to be.

Comment

On closer inspection your probably right about the LBT at a glance the upper shape and shoulder straps made me assume it was an EPC that was just sagging a bit.

At the very least he'd only need a mjk rig as from quite a few recent photos they still seem to be using RG pouches.
        > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

or have a look in the USSF thread.....

Comment

Cheers guys for the feedback
            "One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know." Capt. Geoffrey T. Spaulding

Comment

I'd take a read through the guide on arnies if I was you. Lots of info there.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin-Hood View Post
                I'd take a read through the guide on arnies if I was you. Lots of info there.
                indeed! just read and understand before you post anything, as you could well be shot down in flames!

Comment

Well after a quick google search found what I am look for in a loadout

Just going to spray my helmet need a rhino mount then ready to rock

Comment

Well, we tried.

Comment

Don't forget to shave if your doing rangers

Comment

@TopSillySteve: if you're going to emulate that guy you still need to ditch the LBT, get an RRV and RG PACA and load it with RG (preferably RLCS) pouches, unless you're not going for impression/inspiration. You also probably won't need to spray your helmet as his helmet looks to be OD anyway...

Also PERSEC?

Comment

Sniper rangers in the field for prolonged times will tend to grow a beard @Bob yeah it's like a weird shade of od tho might sound daft lol

Comment

I'm fairly sure facial hair is not allowed in the US AF or Army and is only really adopted by SF (in muslim countries only) that want to blend in to a degree, but more importantly in order to help gain respect from locals, who view facial hair as a sign of masculinity. Do the rangers even do missions way behind enemy lines for long periods? I thought they were more smash and grab?
                            Anyway, as your in greens and not doing an Afghan loadout then clean-shaven is the only option. No one wants a sweaty jungle beard!

Comment

Awww I do lol yeah 1st rangers do recon aswell

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TopSillySteve Into airsoft xbox and actions flicks Find out more about TopSillySteve
                              Working...
                              X