The Falklands 1982

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Falklands 1982

Again, a point of clarification, my Coy CO is not the Officer receiving the gift and retiring, the officer retiring is far older and at based at my TS specifically. A LT Cmdr (RNR) who worked from the bottom up and took the time to coach several very successful shooting teams (not to toot my own horn but I myself won the best shot in service and best shot in the area Inter-Service shoots under his instruction...TOOT)
    | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Comment

@ Systema- No worries mate, glad to be of help in some way. Thats very interesting stuff you mention mate & good luck with it all.

@ Nickona- Yeah it fired...once, though not by me i have to add (i wish) its a RS LAW not the airsoft Deepfire one. Sadly forum rules mean i cant say where i got it, but it was from a Very well known airsoft retailer funnily enough. But don't search for it though- it isnt listed on their site, it was a case of the owner knowing i was interested in one & sold me one from his collection.
      Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

I know it's not strictly a Falklands load out but it's the basis of my late 80's early 90's will add pics of me with the SLR and 58 webbing soonact of valour 9.jpgact of valour 15.jpgIMAG0005.jpg

The Impossible i can do, Miracles take slightly longer .
        But all problems are solved with a brew and a fag.

Comment

Aye it certainly looks like is coming together mate...& something tells me a GS Bergen is in bound as well for the pictures
          Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

oh hell yes and rusty i notice u got a WE Browning what r they like

Comment

I was quite late in picking up the WE Browning because i was always sceptical about gas guns. i had a gas M4 once for about a week & had nothing but bother with it. But as i always fancied a Browning i decided to get one & tbh wish id done it sooner. Its Cracking wee pistol, has a good feel & mine fires great & is reliable & its saved my bum in a fair few skirmishes. So no complaints here

Comment

well i got a KJW GBB Sig 226 and its lovely but have heard bad reports about the WE Browning so i was going along the 1911 route for my 80's loadout

Comment

Really? no i wouldnt say ive had anything issues with mine that would make me want something else...other than thinking of picking up the WE SIG P226 for later impressions. As a matter of fact, i cant think of a time when the Brownings let me down when ive went to use it. Granted i dont use it every game, the M16 or SLR sees all the action tbh Maybe if i were playing CQB type games & using it a lot more often, some of the 'issues' may appear. But like i say mines been great.
                  Last edited by Brandon; 4 July, 2012, 22:02.

Comment

Cheers for that mate i will look into getting 1 soon then as got my holster on its way now too, to fit on the webbing where do u normally skirmish rusty as would be cool to link up and skirmish together

Comment

Youre in Kent yeah? Im North..way NORTH, covering the Northern Flank mate

Comment

ah maybe 1 day we can join the North/South divide and show these young pups what real kit was lol

Comment

i have a tanaka browning mk1 and a WE browning and the WE is a exact copy and both shoot lovely

anyway as for a get togeather that would sound rather interesting i will be dusting some of my gear off for the war and peace as i am displaying so its all go in my yard with gear and guns everywhere lol
                          Do Something Brave....Then Run Like Hell!
                          ::Yorkshire Airsoft:: http://www.yorkshireairsoft.co.uk
                          ::Cold War Warriors 1985 - 1995:: http://coldwarwarriors.proboards.com/

Comment

Wyatt where r u based then

Comment

south yorkshire mate sorta keeping the middle ground lol
                              Do Something Brave....Then Run Like Hell!
                              ::Yorkshire Airsoft:: http://www.yorkshireairsoft.co.uk
                              ::Cold War Warriors 1985 - 1995:: http://coldwarwarriors.proboards.com/

Comment

Well, between the 3 of us id say geographically we've got the place covered

Back to kit, I should have put this up sooner...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Brandon 35 Years old been playing airsoft since i was 9- the days before AEGs were the norm. Find out more about Brandon
                                Working...
                                X