Any Requests For Old School Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Requests For Old School Kit?

Hello all, I am a junior NCO at an RM SCC unit. I was going through the stores the other day and stumbled upon an entire room filled with some very old kit. Both DPM and OG clothing and of course, a few sets of 58 patt webbing, bergans and a couple of very unusual day sacks. I'm not a real geardo so I'm afraid I can't identify it all yet, but if there's anything in particular that anyone is looking for, please write what it's called, the size and a brief description below and I'll see what I can dig up. As I said, theres a whole wealth of old issue kit in there, I'm sure I even spotted an old WW1/early2 'tommy' helmet with an impressive dent in the side...
    I was hoping to be able to sell some of this kit on so that we could buy our TS CO a decent retiring present (he was awarded his 50 year service medal on Monday). He has always taken a keen interest in us Booties, despite being a Lt. Cmdr. (RNR) and has even taken the time to coach several highly successful shooting teams, I myself have won both the best shot in service and best shot in area inter-service under his instruction! He has also organised several charity collections and has raised thousands for Alexandra Rose and others.V(if you read Navy News or The Globe and Laurel, you may be able to read up on him as there were several reporters and photogs present...I'm the devilishly handsome marksman in RM No1s :P)
    My apologies if this is in the wrong place, but I thought it was as good a place as any!
    So, if your a Regiment jungley fan or obsessed with the M&AWC, I'm sure I can find something
    | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Re: Any Requests For Old School Kit?

What prices would you be after?
    would be interested in some 58 patt webbing, old school trousers and top (falklands era stuff) also if you have any cold weather gear in there I would be interested in that as well

Also some pics would be nice
    Fire Team Zulu
    Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
    http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

Hi, I'll try to get some pics of it all next week. I doubt I'll be able to do so sooner because the work load there is pretty intense. I've got a troop sized force and no other NCOs so it's keeping me on my toes pahahaha!
      Shirt and trousers I definitely have! I think there are some gaters too but I'll have to check
      What sizes are you after? I'll have to check with QMaster as to prices (don't want to step on toes before Lympstone lol) but if you pm an offer then I'll try to get as close to that as possible
      | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Comment

okay thanks a lot, size wise small so 30" inside leg and 30-32" waist and tops 36-38"ish
        Fire Team Zulu
        Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
        http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

Ok, I'll have a butchers ASAP and send you what prices I'm allowed to offer

Comment

I'd also be interested in Falklands-era clothing (30"> inside leg, 36" waist, 40-42" chest)! Already have the pleasure of owning some '58 webbing. :D

Comment

Ok, so that's one shirt and one pair of trousers each yeah?
              And some adverse weather gear for Nickona (I'm not sure what we have in that dept that isn't still used but I'll do what I can)
              The soonest I can personally check it all will probably be next Monday, but I'll see if I can make one of the new lads drag it all and organise it for me this week haha, that's what you get for not polishing the underside of your boots b**ch! :P

Comment

Hi.
                You say u might have got a cple of bergans i'm after a G/S bergan if u know what 1 looks like

Smudge

The Impossible i can do, Miracles take slightly longer .
                But all problems are solved with a brew and a fag.

Comment

Originally posted by big smudge View Post
                  Hi.
                  You say u might have got a cple of bergans i'm after a G/S bergan if u know what 1 looks like

Smudge
                  That would be the 100l OG one correct? I wouldn't be able to I'D it myself with ought google
                  I'll add to the list for you

Comment

yeh it was in OG and i think the 100L 1, was the para/sas bergan the G/S was smaller about 70L but both used the same external frame

Comment

Ok thanks for the pic bud. I haven't noticed one that small yet, but to be honest, I think I only scratched the surface of what we have lying around! If I can't find one in our stores I'll ask around to see if there are any floating about at Company level, but if we haven't got them then I doubt any others in Zulu will do :-/
                      I think we have the old daysacks that were a similar size if you were interested? Or I think there maybe a 100l stowed away somewhere, sorry I can't be of more help at the moment but I'm swamped, I've practically rewritten the book on force management in the last week or so, add to the mix a batch of skin who really don't know what they are doing, and several VIPs who all demand an RM Guard and you start to get the picture haha

Comment

thats ok mate it's a long shot and the 100L one's r very similar to the 1 in the pic but the main compartment secures differently and is large lol but look forward to seeing if u can find 1

Comment

I'm sure my lot would happily take a lot of it off your hands.

Also i'll mention it to Josh of Gunman Airsoft. He often buys job lots of kit to use as free hire kit on Cold War games.

Comment

Where abouts are you based dude

Comment

thanks for the info but dont need a g/s bergen no more as i found 1

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

systema PTW SOPMOD Find out more about systema PTW SOPMOD
                              Working...
                              X