Collapse

what do british troops do with the elastic on the bottom of the trousers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what do british troops do with the elastic on the bottom of the trousers

Same here, always called trousers twisters or twists for as long as i can remember (cadet in the 80s through to leaving the army in 2001). To me a 'bungee' was the elasticated 12-24" rope with a hook on each end used to secure cargo down, attach to the corners of your basha and occasionally secure webbing with.

Thats why I thought it was off people going on about using bungees to blouse trousers, it would be like trying to use padlocks as cufflinks.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
      Twisties.

Part of base dress code at 30 cmdo.
      And being tall I get the issue of the buggers riding up my legs as well, especially when you sit down.
      I hope they issue them to you then. I for one wont buy something that I am exprected to wear. If its needed, issue it to me.

Comment

You can use the strings at the bottom of the trousers instead.

But I know exactly where you come from on that, we had a massive conflab on my last unit as our overalls dress code was you could wear white T-shirts underneath them but no other colour, but you dont get issued white T-shirts any more, only black or blue and the black ones are hens teeth because they are fire fighters T-shirts to go under PBI gold fire suits so virtually impossible to get.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

agreed let em hang !

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bluemonkey Find out more about Bluemonkey
          Working...
          X