do they even use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do they even use it?

L22a2, (mini SA80 carbine) is it in circulation ANYWHERE within the british forces?

Re: do they even use it?

apparently YES.

Comment

I understand it's used by tank/vehicle crews

Comment

dog handlers, some, not all

Comment

Ive seen MP's driving around Kandahar and bastion with them on the dash boards of there plod wagons and a few drivers on ops have them as there easy to throw around.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I saw a photo of them in use by a royal navy boarding team on excercise.
            Not actually a builder
            Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Apache crews use them as well.

Comment

They ARE standard issue to tankie / cavalry type units for the crews of vehicles. Support and non-armoured vehicle guys such as the chefs, clerks etc get the standard A2.

It is issued as a personal weapon and as such all range packages and annual weapons tests are taken with that weapon and if you are lucky enough to pinged for a guard duty, you will stag on the main gate with that weapon.

I dare say there are other units out there that use them should the need arise.

Comment

As the guys r saying yeah they've been in service for a few years now tanks main assault rifle now as its short. Helicopter crews use them as well and some navy units. Few infanty units use them for building seiges /building entrys as there easier than the sa80 a1. The L85. Just like the americans use the m4 stubby. Some brit units use the c8 stubby but not alot

Comment

Royal Marines use them for ship clearing and I have a G&G one and it is a very nice little weapon perfect for CQB or when I get tired or bored or my A3
                    "I happen to be a death-dealing, blood-crazed warrior who wakes up every day just hoping for the chance to dismember my enemies and defile their civilizations. " - Corporal Josh Ray Person U.S Marine's 1st Recon Battallion 2nd Platoon

Comment

Seen them in use with RMFPG, AFVS crews, Merlin/Chinook/Sea King PDWs and Apache bail out kits.

I want one

Comment

Its mainly in use with marine/Navy for boarding teams, they look fricking sick, only had the chance to hold one at a weapons day at my barracks, also got the chance to hold the 417 and L129A1 aswell

Owner of DCS
                        (Doom custom shooters)
                        PM me for Custom work!

Comment

Do they even make (officially, not just "wurr it has rail system, a2 dusent have rail system") an a3 variant?
                          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Yes they do make an A3, its started coming into circulation over the past 5-6 months, i have a picture of one (it doesnt become an A3 if you put a rail on it, its actualy engraved as an a3.)

Owner of DCS
                            (Doom custom shooters)
                            PM me for Custom work!

Comment

I have a couple of pictures somewhere of a RM boarding party using L22s on ship. It does look pretty awesome.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

uKSpirit Find out more about uKSpirit
                              Working...
                              X