Collapse

do they even use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the ******* ***** anyway it is only minus a few inches of barrel and the plastic handguard, and that is probably replaced by the RIS system so I don't see how it can be that unbalanced compared to its full length counterpart.

Comment

Re: do they even use it?

They aren't, its like all bullpups.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
        Did I see him with a Glock on his hip this afternoon too?
        from the pics, it looks like it could be the SIG.
        Not actually a builder
        Not actually called Bob.

Comment

I wish I'd have paused it now and took a photo, it just looked too square to be a Sig and I swear there was no sign of the hammer.

Could be wrong though...lol

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
            Did I see him with a Glock on his hip this afternoon too?
            I've held that Glock's are being handed out now and have been for a few months now.

Comment

Originally posted by boottroop View Post
              I've held that Glock's are being handed out now and have been for a few months now.
              Yeah the MOD spent nine million on glocks for service personnel.

Dicks.

Comment

Lets face it, the Sig is the superior pistol, too bad it costs more to purchase and fit with any kind of aftermarket shinies
                | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Comment

Out of curiosity, and my equally vast gun knowledge from Wikipedia & world.Guns.ru, Why is the Glock 17 suddenly a bad weapon?
                  "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

It's not a bad weapon, just has a nasty tendency to explode in dirty conditions.
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

To be fair most of the 'glockgrenade' rumours are massive internet exaggeration. Iirc it was the glock .40 that had all the kaboom problems as the frame couldn't cope with the .40 S&W round. They are cheap but they're good guns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzmkGgQLCMA

^ This guy is mental, but he really knows his stuff and he abuses the hell out of his Glocks. Glocks have been standard issue for loads of SF units too

For the lulz.
                      Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                      It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Love the Gif nunchuck.
                        Could easily be modded to 'how a LiPo works' as well. :p

Comment

Originally posted by systema PTW SOPMOD View Post
                          Lets face it, the Sig is the superior pistol, too bad it costs more to purchase and fit with any kind of aftermarket shinies
                          Only ever issued as a stop gap until a proper replacement for the browning could be found, you wouldn't believe the amount of time and sevice kits it takes to keep the sigs firing and that's before you take the wear the frame suffers from into account. As a pistol for police were they don't fire them much, or get covered in sand and mud they are fine but for an army they're not good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by hapi View Post
                            Only ever issued as a stop gap until a proper replacement for the browning could be found, you wouldn't believe the amount of time and sevice kits it takes to keep the sigs firing and that's before you take the wear the frame suffers from into account. As a pistol for police were they don't fire them much, or get covered in sand and mud they are fine but for an army they're not good enough.
                            Funny..the Sig is used by SEALs SAS SBS SFOD-D RM ML Pathfinders BRF and many more elite or SF units and they have had the choice of the Glock in the past..
                            The real problem is that for an army, they're too expensive and over engineered for purpose.
                            Sigs have outperformed Glocks in numerous stress and over the beach tests. One of the reasons it is so common among amphib SF. Contrary to popular belief, the Glock doesn't fire underwater or even when it's been submerged. The Sig, 9/10 times, will, and when it doesn't, it tends to be an ammo fault.
                            | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Comment

http://youtu.be/COea9JqJ7SM

Comment

I've used both and still prefer the Glock. I don't really care about bench tests.
                                Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
                                Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

uKSpirit Find out more about uKSpirit
                                Working...
                                X