SBS and/or Royal Marines Mountain Leader Loadout - HELP NEEDED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SBS and/or Royal Marines Mountain Leader Loadout - HELP NEEDED

So clearly the guys more in the know than both of us know nothing at all either. Your dull of mind and arrogance once again proves you to be the jack ass of all time. Congrats.

Comment

Don't paint me with the same brush as you, you know nothing about me.
      Dull mind and arrogance? Not at all, I just don't put up with little fuck wits like yourself.

Comment

When it comes to these threads, you're always tantamount to their destruction.

Comment

Not really, it's usually because scrotes like yourself, talk out their asses. As you've done for most of this thread. Contribute something useful, or gtfo.

Comment

Actually, I'm going by what other forums have supplied by others who have proven they know what they're talking about.

Comment

Come on guys, if you can't be civil, don't bother!
              We're all airsofters here (with the occasional chairsofter), let's play nice or don't play at all....

Comment

TBH fellas .... neither of you are coming out of this thread lookin' good.

FFS put a cork in it and move on.
                sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

Wow. Well that escalated quickly.
                  Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                  It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Originally posted by Nun-Chuck View Post
                    Wow. Well that escalated quickly.

It did didn't it ....... I mean, that really got out of hand fast! It jumped up a notch.

(Brownie points for naming the movie quote)

: D
                    sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEBK3ZUn0c4

Comment

Yeah at this rate we'll get a Ukrainian from Derbyshire involved and shit will get real.
                        Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                        It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Ripped from another website.

Mountain Leaders are an elite cadre of Royal Marines who are experts in long range reconnaissance, arctic warfare and mountain climbing. As the The Mountain Leader Training Cadre (MLTC), their primary peacetime role is to teach their techniques to other Commando Troops and share their expertise with other military units. During wartime, the Mountain Leaders are able to provide an additional recce capability for 3 Commando Brigade, integrating with the Brigade Patrol Troop (BPT) Troop and each Commando's Recce Troop.

Mountain Leaders are not strictly-speaking Special Forces, even though their standards of selection and training are considered by some to be as hard, if not harder, than UKSF units. Mountain Leaders are under the control of 3 Commando Brigade, not UKSF.

3 CDO is Stonehouse Plymouth (next to 30CDO).

The Mountain Leaders course is one of the hardest in the British military, as indicated by its 20% pass rate. To gain the Mountain Leaders (ML2) specialty, a Royal Marine must go through an eight-month training course, starting with a week-long selection. An extensive and challenging training regime follows which features:

climbing cliffs
                          free climbing (without ropes)
                          mountaineering
                          survival
                          resistance to interrogation (RTI) training
                          ice climbing
                          arctic survival
                          arctic navigation
                          long distance skiing
                          Once qualified, a Mountain Leader (ML2) will usually be integrated into the Commandos, often into the Reconnaissance Troops.

Recon troop is also part of 3CDO, or at least there is a recon troop there.

Tbf, I have not seen any Cryye pants there.
                          If SF want recon, they do it themselves or call in SRR.
                          However, Im not saying they wont/dont but from experience they very very very very rarely do recon with SB/SA.
                          section 24 of the 1968 Act
                          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

This'll make you larff!
                            http://www.arrse.co.uk/waltenkommand...-pictures.html

Comment

Originally posted by Sam-Beta View Post
                              For post 2010 SBS something like this:

One of the most recent images of a boaty around at the moment, Kabul siege photo.
                              Nice to see a fellow dog handler

Comment

It always makes me smile that the AI article has become seen as the genuine article. As for Crye Gen II/MTP/a bin liner being worn, it matters not a jot. Wear something you can afford and use in a practical way. As for people making sweeping comments, and being 'ard, don't bother. It makes YOU look like a t*t, and by reflection the rest of us, as seen by the ARRSE thread. Agree to differ, behave and stop typing while angry.
                                As for ML's, they form the Brigade Patrol Troop, a 3 Commando Brigade asset, based as Sean says in RMB Stonehouse and are the most professional men going. BBC iplayer has the EXCELLENT 1985 series "Behind the Lines", all about the training of the ML2's.
                                Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

systema PTW SOPMOD Find out more about systema PTW SOPMOD
                                Working...
                                X