Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SA80 LMG Rail System

Originally posted by jssmitty96 View Post
    to be honest you should always go to cover first anyway....what idiot is going to kneel down in the open if they are being shot at lol...
    The sort of idiot who doesn't move when getting shot at as 9/10 the reason you were getting shot at was to move you onto a IED belt! you know that sort of situation! Wow look at that cover that would keep me really safe, Hummm let me just put a valon over the top? oh hang on theres a big fcuk off IED sat there waiting to turn me into a chicken nugget!

Don't appreciate you applying am an idiot! To be honest its a bit rude!
    sigpic

"The reason the American Army does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the American Army practices it on a daily basis."
    - from a post-war debriefing of a German General

Comment

Point to note, the AESP for the first L86 designated it as a machine gun. Has anyone ever seen it being used as such?

Its crap and if its brought in with a bigger magazine I can just see the lads sticking them on their IW. Last point, when did our weapons start being referred to as 'weapon systems'?

Comment

i've only ever seen it be used like a standard infantry weapon as its useless at anything else apart from haveing a little extra range its not really worth it for the extra bulk

Comment

Forgive me If I am wrong, but isn't/wasn't SOP's for receiving EEF in Afghan NOT to launch yourself into the nearest cover for precisely that reason.

Comment

you dont dive into cover mate you move to the nearest safe cover that has either been previosuly cleared for ied's or lay prone

Comment

Before people forget themselves and start giving out latest sops you might want to remember opsec

Comment

And the fact this is an airsoft forum not ARSSE.

Comment

You can't add a larger mag unless they develop a triple/quad stacker like the Spectre SMG used to use. It's a bullpup which means if you add a longer mag and need to go prone your gun is gonna be pointing at the ground unless you dig a ditch for the mag. You can't fit a drum as it will get in the way of the pistol grip.

IIRC the Marines haven't ditched the Minimi for the IAR, they have supplemented it. Part of the reasoming being it looks more like an M16 rather than a SAW and as such doesn't mark the gunner down as number one target quite as often.
                  The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

The point of the LSW was that it increased the sections effective range. It basically put about 100-200 metres on to the 'effective range' of the section.

I wont go into detail but the idea was that individual fire from the L85 could be supplemented by the l86 , hence 'light *support* weapon'.

And with regards to cover and all that, we were always taught there was being 'shot at' and 'taking effective fire', the latter meant that someone had been hit or you'd had a very near miss.. If sections went to ground every time a round went overhead you'd never get anywhere

But all of this is stuff years ago for a conventional war against 'genfor' (or generic soviet force), the point is at the time of its conception the LSW had a very defined roll and bridge the range gap between GPMG and the L85.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post

IIRC the Marines haven't ditched the Minimi for the IAR, they have supplemented it. Part of the reasoming being it looks more like an M16 rather than a SAW and as such doesn't mark the gunner down as number one target quite as often.
                      And to get the purchasing of H&K 416's past the senate oversight watchdogs

Comment

the only downside of the minimi is the lack of knock down power, the 7.62 minimi that uksf have would be fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by gorilla View Post
                          the only downside of the minimi is the lack of knock down power, the 7.62 minimi that uksf have would be fantastic.
                          It wouldnt, GPMG and the LMG compliment each other well and fine for the green army.

Comment

Originally posted by gorilla View Post
                            Otherwise known as the maximi!

Owner of DCS
                            (Doom custom shooters)
                            PM me for Custom work!

Comment

You can't put a larger mag into the LSW until you wither change the barrel or make it quick release. There were some 100rd mags for it but if you used them all in one go it melted the barrel and it started to warp
                              Fire Team Zulu
                              Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
                              http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

With the sniper support weapon, lmg, gpmg I honestly cant think of a reason to keep it in todays modern army.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

boottroop Find out more about boottroop
                                Working...
                                X