British Army look.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Army look.

So UKSF isn't everything, there's the normal regular soldier, which ironically is more difficult to pull off.

I won't start the whole insignia/rank debate, but instead say this:

Try and replciate as best you can, nothing worse than a untidy DPM loadout.

I've started this as a place for discussion and photos, to help with skirmishers who want to pull of a respectful imitation. Try to keep it that way

Anyway, some photos:

Last edited by bravotwozero; 27 July, 2010, 22:48.

Re: British Army look.

very nice webbing there dear boy, but, not a fan of the shiny tape

Comment

Me neither

But ran out of the green stuff.

Comment

I must admit I am lucky enough to have a full british regular loadout, but I am wanting to get a set of PLCE DPM webbing atm, and I want to get myself another SA80, I went off them for a while because of the unreliability factor but when I changed to M4s and other such common stuff I realised I actually really enjoyed the look of it and the fact that it was a gamble and a case of sweet talking it before taking it out of the bag. Anyways like I say got the whole thing including the Mk6 helmet and S10 respirator, and with the whole kit I may not be able to breath but the pics of the day look bloody good in the end, and lets face it the look and the authenticity of getting a loadout complete is all part of the experience especially for milsimmers.
        Foxtrot 58 Northern Ireland's premiere airsoft site
        Co. Antrim

Comment

British Loadout (Have got 95 Pattern combats now insted of Mp3 Pattern)

EDIT: Helmet coming soon

Comment

sniper tape is a tad expensive isn't it. have gone mad lately taping everyting up. webbing, assault vests, daysacks....the L96 :P

Comment

just wondering, what (if any) back-up weapon do you use? As in a pistol?
              - I always thought it was a Browning Hi-Power for the British, but I have been told otherwise.
              If you've got one, pray tell, where you find it? and if you haven't, might make your look that lil' bit better! :D (provided it is a british pistol secondary?)

GP.
              sigpic

Comment

All my issue gear is still In my Bergen so will be digging it all out for pics

But got normal 95 shirt and bottoms
                issue boots plus the new issue dessert boots
                osprey with plates
                webbing
                and a few mtp bits

Comment

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot View Post
                  just wondering, what (if any) back-up weapon do you use? As in a pistol?
                  - I always thought it was a Browning Hi-Power for the British, but I have been told otherwise.
                  If you've got one, pray tell, where you find it? and if you haven't, might make your look that lil' bit better! :D (provided it is a british pistol secondary?)

GP.

SIG SAUR P226 is making its way into the holsters of ordinary soldiers on operations these days.

In the ******* *****, a P226 is alot easier to source and easier on the wallet than a browning.

Comment

i think theres still some brownings in circulation but its mainly SIG P226's now. much prefer it to the brownings in my opinion

did used to rock about in DPM's but i must admit i've started swinging towards multicam, even got the velcro Commando flashes for it. gotta be done

got my bergan packed for the copehill down weekender next month, chucked in 2 days rations too

Comment

soon i will be going to multicam but still be having the Desert CBA (combat body armour) as that is what they currently do

Comment

Whats with people tucking their trousers legs into their boots?????? its horrible, so American, use the string or ties on the bottom of the leg if you must or just leave it loose, its much more ally that way.

Comment

cheers for the advice! I may source one for a full kit soon!
                          sigpic

Comment

Lol Stu I've got my bergen filled for copehill already too (though rationwise Im getting some boil in the bag hiking food as Im fed up with getting the runs from rat packs). Im on the ISAT british side too so might see you there.

Comment

haha nice one im on the same side. massively looking forward to it, if you are getting the runs from it then obviously not eating the biscuit browns lol

gonna be rocking up with the l96, minimi and sa80

Got some plans for saturday night there but shhhhhh

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
                              Working...
                              X