• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: British Army look.

was a good laff
    would go back tomorrow if i could

Comment

Its the same when we done a cadet tour, had to have shirts down and smocks on, but walking through forest as thick as the amazon, there was no way I was keeping shirts rolled down let know a smock on....boiling!

Comment

Are you still serving now N3DAS

Comment

naahh left in 2008 biggest balls up of my life leaving
          havent had a job i liked yet but going to collage soon to become a forest ranger lol

Comment

was in Iraq for a bit early this year, Umm Qasr, what a dump!

Comment

Originally posted by N3ADS View Post
              naahh left in 2008 biggest balls up of my life leaving
              havent had a job i liked yet but going to collage soon to become a forest ranger lol
              Fair play to be honest, was going to do a apprenticeship in forest ranger..ship lol i would of joined a long time a go if i wasnt held back medically, i have the mind of a soldier (well wannabe) but not the body, it infests me, JOIN JOIN JOIN JOIN JOIN WANT TO JOIN

hate it

soooo im going to university to carry on Public Services and get a honors degree in it

no jobs going so may as well, wasting a uni place ..bad

Comment

Originally posted by RM_Stu View Post
                was in Iraq for a bit early this year, Umm Qasr, what a dump!
                is the gurkas still gaurding it there was a private security ferm who only hired ex gurkas
                thats where i spent my 7 months around there
                safwan
                az zu bia port "in correct spelling"

Comment

RM stu people are still being sent out to Iraq?????? thats news to me!

Comment

I am enlisting as in the Medical Core early next year, I did look at becoming a Civilian Paramedic but it is going to be to hard to get a place with south central so I thought I would go the green route.

Comment

N3ADS - nah theres some Ugandan contractors guarding the camp gates and manning the sangars now, we were merely there as force protection for the matelots training the Iraqi navy

LtPurcy - yep still a few there now, not much though. mainly Marines and the navy with a few Army personel milling about. there was a big problem last autumn as the contract for brits in iraq ran out so the forces had to hightail it outa there until the iraqi parliament aggreed to let us back in. when that was finalised it was my turn there. 4 month tour, sod all going on. still ieds about further up the road, insurgents plotting away, weapons smuggled from the neighbouring country that shant be named but im sure you know the one

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
                        RM stu people are still being sent out to Iraq?????? thats news to me!
                        i think there's still a small force just over the boarder in kuwait incase it go's tits up again

edit just read your post rm stu

Comment

i have the mind of a soldier
                          Purcy you have the mind of an ADHD chipmunk on crystal meth.

Comment

Originally posted by N3ADS View Post
                            same here i even left it there bloody 57c and youe get a smock:eek:
                            thats what i had on the hole tour
                            Should have worked in h3 and lived in trenchard. We had air con!
                            Did you use the dessie shorts though?
                            sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Originally posted by spetsnazdave87 View Post
                              Purcy you have the mind of an ADHD chipmunk on crystal meth.
                              i know right

i should elaborate on the mind of a soldier part before the slating, i dont mean im shouting contact left every 5 minutes and i act like a trained soldier, i mean its all i want to do.

guess i should of said that.

Comment

Fair play to be honest, was going to do a apprenticeship in forest ranger..ship lol i would of joined a long time a go if i wasnt held back medically, i have the mind of a soldier (well wannabe) but not the body, it infests me, JOIN JOIN JOIN JOIN JOIN WANT TO JOIN

hate it

soooo im going to university to carry on Public Services and get a honors degree in it

no jobs going so may as well, wasting a uni place ..bad
                                just starting out mate had a word with an advicer the other day
                                good luck to you on your quest:D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
                                Working...
                                X