Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Genuine mtp?

Originally posted by cracking day View Post
    I dont think so, depends how new your mtp is. Having worn Mtp top and MC trousers, you could hardly see the difference.
    clear your inbox so i can msg you pls

Comment

You dont replace 2 camouflages with 2 camouflages, the variation is due to manufacture.

No mention of it anywhere in the web. Ive handled enough of the stuff too!

Comment

source we had mate from the RAF stores .....

he had two versions of mtp , two lads had the light stuff on as they were excatly the same as my multicam battle pants in shade and colour .the third had the darker shade and the stuff in the video is darker , as people were confusing it with being fake ..

Comment

EDIT:

... maybe they had multicam and not MTP? as multicam has been rolled out to british forces before
          |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

You may well have had MTP in two different shades, but you've not been specifically issued a with two sets, or had any official confirmation?

As I say, all the press releases, information on the MOD website and new releases, not one mentions two variations. Why would they released two, but only publicise one?

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
              No there isn't , there are two ,

would be pointless having a desert shade in a jungle operation , whoa bright clothes shoot,

the one in the vid is the darker one , the desert one is more light colours so paler browns and greens ...

we've had both sets at our site
              im sorry but your raf chums are talking rubbish, there is only one type of type of mtp in service, it does however fade very quickly in the afghan environment and if being handwashed, it is designed to do this as it its initially too green.

Additionally the raf guys may have been wearing a darker desert dpm? if so its not mtp its the flame retardant stuff, unless they have brought out flame retardant mtp but i doubt it.

Now before you question source, im out here and have worked closely with the procurement guy on providing feedback on mtp
              Originally posted by Bluegill
              5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Tuppence worth again!

Rockin - thing I notice is that really whilst people knock around in DDPM because it is Op's like, IMO, if you have been back long enoughto go to your house/block/any accomodation, then you can put on a set of greens. It isn't very sandy here! I also notice few people have really expressed an interest in MTP!

Guard - As with a few people, first I have heard, but makes sense, you don't want to keep wearing gash tour clothes back in the UK, however, with cost cutting etc, I can't see two sets being kept for long, particularly if it is only a shade or two lighter.

Arnie - Its because they are special, like aircrew, wearing flying suits when they aren't flying that day!

Lez - cooneen watts and stone, according to their catalogue and website don't do MTP or even multi, maybe they need to update, but I would be pretty sure that if they did do MTP it isn't genuine or licensed.

Purcy - you should know by now that how often does the army actually wear official barrack dress even to knock around the office. Probably 9 out of 10 army officers, NCO's and squaddies wil wear dpm if they can.

Thing is wierd, because I have seen some pics of MTP where it looks like a recoloured version of DPM as cracking said, but others look very multicam with smaller spots. Yes I know it varies from pattern to pattern, but it isn't always as clear as the pic from Jagilham.
                sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Originally posted by oneshot187 View Post
                  im sorry but your raf chums are talking rubbish, there is only one type of type of mtp in service, it does however fade very quickly in the afghan environment and if being handwashed, it is designed to do this as it its initially too green.

Additionally the raf guys may have been wearing a darker desert dpm? if so its not mtp its the flame retardant stuff, unless they have brought out flame retardant mtp but i doubt it.

Now before you question source, im out here and have worked closely with the procurement guy on providing feedback on mtp
                  Don't think the MERT's are getting the MTP yet, as you say DDPM in nomex is a shade different.

WHo are the RAF lads with?
                  sigpic

Comment

iam only going by the lables in the top , paper work with it
                    and the sticker on the bag it came in . i have looked at there web site and like you say they dont do mtp but thats whats on the top

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
                      nope , it was on the video of the press release,

the RM officer had on the Greener version then the troops behind had on the desert issue kit

its just the same for dpm and ddpm , most proberly MTP and MMTP :p

but there is DEFFINATLY two sorts,

one lighter for deserty ops
                      one dark for jungley ops

PROOF http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzkpeucfNxw

FORWARD TO 0.12 officer in dpm in middle mtp on left and right
                      I'm confused, that video clearly has left hand side man - MTP, middle man DPM, right hand side man DDPM. The officer talking states previously two camo's "one optimised for woodland, one optimised for desert" are being replaced by one - MTP.
                      At no point is there a reference to two different types of MTP
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lez View Post
                        iam only going by the lables in the top , paper work with it
                        and the sticker on the bag it came in . i have looked at there web site and like you say they dont do mtp but thats whats on the top
                        Has it got NSN and mil sizing on it then?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowdrop View Post
                          I'm confused, that video clearly has left hand side man - MTP, middle man DPM, right hand side man DDPM. The officer talking states previously two camo's "one optimised for woodland, one optimised for desert" are being replaced by one - MTP.
                          Originally posted by Bluegill
                          5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

Agree totally
                            sigpic

Comment

Has it got NSN and mil sizing on it then?
                              got an nsn number on it
                              same in shirt and on sticker on bag
                              it just says large

Comment

Originally posted by lez View Post
                                got an nsn number on it
                                same in shirt and on sticker on bag
                                it just says large
                                Wasn't large and small the sizes they used to issue in the National Service days and you just got on with it.

You should have something like 180/96 height /chest.

But, I am getting picky, so don't read too much into it!
                                sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The King Speak danish, english, german and spanish. Find out more about The King
                                Working...
                                X