British PSC loadouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BRITISH! PSC loadouts

That will end in such disaster..i need to meet you people at the weekender, you can just bully me for a weekend and will be hilarious

Comment

Ahh Purcy - you do make zeroin an interesting place

Comment

Wont do for long ..again

PICTURES OF RAVS QUICK! before this party gets shut down

Comment

Look at UKSF thread for pictures of RAVs
          Originally posted by fijitstiks
          they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
          Originally posted by N3ADS
          Is this you talking from experience ?..
          i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

Originally posted by LtPurcy View Post
            B.E.N as bangyourdead said, british contractors are issued weapons by the afghan government so thats AK weapons and a sigma or glock series weapon
            Seeing as you know what you want already, why are you bothering to ask?

I'm sure when you are in a warzone, it would be relatively easy to procure whatever the hell weapon you can get you hands on... Ak weapons are cheap and they kill people pretty much as well as anything else...

Comment

Not weapons im worried about BEN its the rigs... i just want something that will get someone go oh..he looks PSC..

i guess any rig and then get a CAC card made up..fake obviously and strap it to my arm like a loser and a walt

Edit

Cheers Crot will take a gander

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                Seeing as you know what you want already, why are you bothering to ask?
                Its what he does...

I'm gonna put it out there again, as I do whenever the "what vest?" questions comes up - RRV over PACA.
                they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
                Originally posted by N3ADS
                Is this you talking from experience ?..
                i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

How has this got 37 replies already...fastest going thread on z1 ever

Crot NNNOOOOooooo its not what i do, as i knew the weapons already look at the OP ..actually that doesnt matter cos..

yeah all right fine i have answered my own question pretty much just need rig help sort..of

ergh..i blame my sleeping deprivation for this, i wake up at 12 noon..really sleepy still till about 9 and now im so wide awake i could go rob a bank..

EDIT

just saw a RAV rig, that will be like my CIRAS, hate cummerbunds do my head in and will be too hot, ill stick to something lighter
                  any ideas

Comment

Most of this comes down to person's own choice but alot of companies want you to wear set brands and colours so stick to 5.11 ect.

Alot of companies make it a requirment to use there brand guide lines. SO...

Just keep it simple and look at the pictures Bangyourdead put up and your set. I can see from the picture they tend to not skimp on the protection but dont carry much other kit ect.
                    Jamie Fox (Gloryboy21): Team Sneaky Badger Gimp and professional russian in trainning

Originally posted by palmer234
                    I don't need a laser to blind someone, I have a penis..

Comment

Cheers Glory

Been looking at the RAVS and they look exactly the same to the CIRAS i had wore it at the weekender and i was so hot and uncomfortable, i do notice however quite a few blackhawk omega style vests hmm

Comment

You could always going with a PECA with a light rig over the top, its enought protection but very light weight.

Have a look at that Bomb Tech film what ever its called. They used them with light wieght Tactcal tailor/5.11 kit. Some guys dont use Body Armour at all, but they normal dont work for the companies ect and are now no longer in Afgan as Bangyourdead stated.
                        Jamie Fox (Gloryboy21): Team Sneaky Badger Gimp and professional russian in trainning

Comment

Originally posted by bravotwozero View Post
                          M4's aren't the default gun in the private sector.

Kalashinikovs are common, HK's, SIGs. Anything....
                          I hear AKs are often the weapon of choice cos they often blend in with the local weaponary and it's easy to grab mags off dead bodies in a crisis
                          Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                          I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

What weapon you use out there is all down to who you work for as you dont normal have your own. You are normal supplied or rented a weapon ect.

Most people use AK, HK, ect because they work for non-us Companies.

People with links to US groups have a much better time getting those kind of setups. I dont think most people realy mind what they have aslong as its not shit and gose bang.

Comment

Couple of comments:

1) The weapon is often what the employer (eg local govt etc) asks for. Sabre in Basra were looking at two weapons in their contract, the AK (with the plastic furniture, what ever it is technically called) was the cheaper option, so the client asked for that.
                              2) Yes we all talk about 5.11 gear, but alot of these PMC/PSC's will have a uniform of some sort, essentially it is all about the corporate look and so that is what they will wear but this can be anything from the jump/flying suit to a simple polo shirt or fleece. It is all about keeping that professional modern image and not end up looking like mercenaries from the 70's!
                              sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

But i think the problem is snowdrop, that people want to look like that and not a security gard ect. Which is what alot of the work is out there now, No offence to any one doing the job.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

LtPurcy Im awesome Find out more about LtPurcy
                                Working...
                                X