Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Big Bad WWII Thread

or i may do another no4 or an smle no1

dont know why my last one shoots really well looks good but for some reason i fancy doing a gas one rather than spring,easier cocking etc

Comment

Dadio, I think I have a man crush on you. Even if you're wearing one of those berets.
      Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

7 months, nice persistance there, i know you can get them and that there american, and not WW2, but have you ever thought about building a BAR?

Comment

Originally posted by dadio View Post
          plans,well a mate wants an fg34 or is it 42 i forget but the side loader german airbourn mg
          It's the FG42. You have a "thing" about side-loaders, don't you.

WRT the Lewis: I have a few ideas running around in my head to make the drum mag "work" properly - i.e. reload with it, and have it rotate when firing.

Originally posted by laurence View Post
          7 months, nice persistance there, i know you can get them and that there american, and not WW2, but have you ever thought about building a BAR?
          There are already far too many US guns out there. :p

Comment

FG42 would be very nice.

Comment

I agree with No1 Sonuk. There are far too many US guns out there, and British weapons are too few and far between. I got my Sten two years ago, and it gets more admirers than anything else I've ever had, it upsets the RISlovers as their weapons are ignored in favour of what looks like a piece of plumbing. I'd love a Lee Enfield, a Sterling, a Bren, a Webley pistol and an SLR purely because each of those weapons is an icon. It's because of the Sten, Bren, Lee Enfield and the men that carried them that we're reading this forum in English. I'm not fussed about running around dressed in black kit/Crye gen II/Warrior vests - I'd look ridiculous at my age and weight! - but I do feel that the average British Tommy is overlooked in favour of more glamorous things in Airsoft. In my eyes, a man with any of Dadio's pieces of beauty as his main weapon is far cooler than anything else on the playing field.
              Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Go on then, I'll bite.

I agree with Hawke in all respects. I even own all of the Crye V2 gear and it simply doesn't live up to the way WW2 gear feels. Being part of a group all wearing the same WW2 gear is the next thing up!

Comment

and drinking tea out of a white enamel mug - feels proper manly.

Comment

Bayonet on the cross strap is something I've not seen before.

I wear my WW2 Brit Airborne gear in the colder weather. It's fun to watch the Multi-cam warriors freezing while I'm toasty warm.

Comment

the serge battle dress is really warm,i played a "what if" game called "red cap" back in the winter when it was minus 9 degrees c and a foot of snow camping out the night and was sweating running about in my full airbourne comando kit ,i slept in it in a pop up festival type tent and only my toes felt cold.ive now got a set of denims for the summer.
                      re the lewis drum mag ,ive got that sorted ,a round chanel in the lower part for the bb's and the sping and follower in the top part with a hopper,as you use the ammo the top part rotates as the bb's go around,when its empty rotate it back all the way and it opens o port to the hopper in the top half and the bb's roll in and off you go again,i know it wont move in an agularly correct fashion for real bullets but tharts small stuff.so as you say ive given it a little thought,i dont really start a project untill im fairly sure how im going to do it.

Comment

thing is i find myself saying we need more bolt action guns in ww2 games then i look at my ww2 guns.
                        mk2 sten
                        thompson m1a1
                        bren mk2
                        lee enfield smle no4 mk1
                        s+w m10 tanaka
                        mauser broom handle (blowback box cannom awsome fun)
                        and i sea rifles being a little under represented and feel a little hypocritical so i need to do another rifle

Comment

wrt the bar ,well its out there for sale and its a good one,i try to stick to things unavaidable or far too dear for my pocket(im only a mechanic and have 4 kids) or that i really like,and the bar was a little on the limited side as a support weapon even at that time(im for it now) and although its iconic its not one of my favorite guns.the other thing is if somebody bent my arm to make one it would almost scertainly be a lot dearer than the one on the market already as i make one off's and usually in steel,my brens 8.5kilo's without a battery or bb's (kills me to use it a full day).

Comment

As I said earlier, for me, multicam/marpat/digicam/etc etc doesn't have any appeal to me. I was chatting to a friend of a friend today regarding the SLR, and my continuing search for one, and he pointed out that I'm just reliving my youth (when I joined up in 1985, we were still using The Long Gun) and I completely agree with him. I was brought up on a diet of Victor, Battle, Warlord and the daddy of them all, Commando comics. I played war, and watched everything to do with WW2, or as it was still known to all and sundry "The War". I guess that's why I don't feel comfy playing in a quarry or a gravel pit, pretending it's Afghanistan or Iraq, but on a wet Sunday in February some woods in Dorset or Hampshire could easily pass in my minds eye as France or Germany 70 years ago. I like what some call retrosoft - it's less about the gucciness of the kit, more the look, the style and more about how you play.

Comment

Originally posted by dadio View Post
                              ive now got a set of denims for the summer.
                              I use them in spring/autumn. I'm working on a VN loadout for summer. I even bought an M16 <shudders>

Comment

Denims and an M16? Acceptable, just do a Borneo/Indonesian Confrontation loadout.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

insanity prawn boy I'm dislexic and Scottish, it's a hell of a combination. Find out more about insanity prawn boy
                                Working...
                                X