The Big Bad WWII Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Big Bad WWII Thread

No. The denims are for my WW2 loadout. The VN loadout is separate.

Comment

a proper full length m16 (no ris) is no bad thing espetially in a vn loadout,then all you need is a pack of luckys on you'r helmet ,loads of acid and some period music and you ready to go hunting gooks at you'r local airsoft site
      im working on a cold war loadout (brit )at the moment to go with the sterling.

Comment

@tyreal in that 4th picture you posted you look scarily similar to the medic in the Band of Brothers series!
        WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

Managed to get hold of a P42 bergen in perfect nick this week for £20. Ideal for any British loadout from 1942 up to the 70's. All I need is a Lee Enfield to go with it.
          Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

What lee enfield is that??????????? Want nowwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!
            FAILURE IS NOT A FACTORY INSTALLED OPTION !sigpic

Comment

A couple of people make custom guns - at least one of them can make either a SMLE or No4.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost MacRoth View Post
                A pic of my WW2 Para loadout someone commented looked like an old 'commando' cover, so I thought, yeah......

And yes, completely posed, that's why I've got no specs on.
                Hi-power pistol? Was it issued to Paras? I thought it was just for RAF?

Comment

No, it was issued to all services during the war. It's designation was the P35. P for pistol, 35 for the year it was introduced.
                  Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman View Post
                    Hi-power pistol? Was it issued to Paras? I thought it was just for RAF?
                    And no, it isn't!! Didn't have one back when it was taken (do now!) so was just using my 1911 as a substitute. Anyway, Connery used the HPB in a bridge too far, and that's good enough for me.
                    Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
                    you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
                    eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

as he coolly shot a Landser through a window while Brigadier Lathbury was writhing on a Dutch dining table. Haven't watched that in at least a year, that's my Tuesday evening sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost MacRoth View Post
                        Anyway, Connery used the HPB in a bridge too far, and that's good enough for me.
                        Are you sure? I'd have put money on that being a 1911.

Comment

Meh, either way, I have both, and am happy using either with my brit kit!

Quick google-fu action find the pic, and reveals it to be a 1911!

You win a coaky-nut. :D
                          Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
                          you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
                          eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

..Do you really believe that any of that can be helped, by a cup of tea?.. love it!
                            Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

can't 'urt sir.

I have a story to tell your grandchildren. And mighty bored they'll be too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawke View Post
                                I have a story to tell your grandchildren. And mighty bored they'll be too.
                                I was never bored when my Grandad told me his war stories, the rest of my family got a bit shirty with him but I loved to hear about it. Unfortunately he's not longer really mentally capable of telling those stories.

If I recall correctly he was fighting in Africa and used a Bren gun, seeing Dadio with his really gives me an image of how he must have looked back then.

Makes me want to get one in a way of honouring my Grandad, But it wouldn't really look right for a woman to be using a Bren... In fact did they even give female drivers and such pistols back then? Guess I can't really to an airsoft worthy WW2 loadout

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

insanity prawn boy I'm dislexic and Scottish, it's a hell of a combination. Find out more about insanity prawn boy
                                Working...
                                X