Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

41 Royal Marine Commando, korea early war.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 41 Royal Marine Commando, korea early war.

Im in a re enachtors group for 41 commando korea, as some may know it was joint operations, explains the thompson, but most the gear was kept from britain, the exception was belts and webbing kits.
    Any questions feel free to ask.
    I hope you like it,
    And hope you admire the poses

The bandolier is also home madee:D
    If anyone needs one, dont be afraid to askk!;D
    AK74/47 Parts always wanted!

Re: 41 Royal Marine Commando, korea early war.

Interesting, Korea. Thats something a little different & not really seen in airsoft. its mentioned in Chris McNabs book '20th Century Military Uniforms' that the Royal Marines in Chosin North Korea 1950 also used the US supplied M1943 combat dress, worn over their Khaki battledress, had M1 Garands & US webbing. maybe something to consider. if i get a chance ill slap a picture up. Id ditch the Belgian Congo Smock though, i take it thats standing in for a Denison at the moment? If you were to ditch that the green lid, bandolier, Thompson & get basic 58 pattern webbing & an L1A1 it could also pass for an African Bush War impression too.
    Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

here are the RM's in Korea with US gear & Garands.

Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

Bloody good kit. Intresting era to do it in too. Korea really isn't talked about as much as it should be really.

I remember seeing a picture in a book of 42 commando (i think) marching in a british town after they came back from korea in pretty much full US gear and weapons apart from the beret. It looked rather cool. Unfortunately I can't remember the book either.

Comment

Cheers guys,
          Uri: yeah i know, i've researched it.
          But i have a small buget!
          And our group does early war era; so the first deployments haha!
          But thanks for the idea man!
          AK74/47 Parts always wanted!

Comment

no problem mate, im a 'retrosoft' kinda guy myself so i like to see older impressions going on instead of all the usual! keep it going

Comment

Why the Garand? Was'nt the Enfield a better rifle anyway?
              HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Not 100% sure how accurate this information is but source seems trustworthy enough, Royal marines were attached to the 1st marine division and to make supplies easy they used US gear etc.

Comment

not too sure on why they went for the Garand exactly. Regarding gear, in the book i have it simply says prior to being shipped to Korea from Japan the Royal Marines were issued for the most part US weapons & Kit. but then it says that the 1950 pattern battle dress was based on the M1943 layered uniform system and was better in coping with the climate over there. So i guess prior to having this new battle dress they went for the M1943 because it was more suited to the environment. It was was also common to see a mix of kit. the Gloucestershire Regiment had a mix of new British 1950 pattern battle dress & US army Arctic caps by 1951, in Korea.

Comment

Here's the rest of us, we're MOSTLY correct aside from a couple of things (I've only got access to an AK47, chief among which!!) but it's still early days. Hoping to be standardised by the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin View Post
                      Why the Garand? Was'nt the Enfield a better rifle anyway?
                      Logistics 41 Commando was raised as in independent unit to serve with the UN and support the US forces . They flew to Japan in civvies and were equipped with US kit their. After a few raids they came under direct control of the US 1st marine division.
                      From an article by Captain D Oakley on 3 commando Brigade.
                      Roshy, the loadout looks good, well impressed with the bandolier.

Comment

Might want to think of re-shaping your beret mate!
                        The Survivors airsoft team are now recruiting, go to our web page; http://thesurvivorsairsoftteam.webs.com/

Comment

Argee with the post above,2 in on the left you need to sort your beret out and shape it the other way. Shaping your berets are easy, just get a bowl of cold water and soak the cloth part. NEVER EVER get the leather band wet because it will shrink and then your beret will be f**ked. The get your right hand and pull all the cloth down over your RIGHT ear.The just wear it around the house untill it has dryed. And if your wearing the Royal Marine headress wear it with respect and do research before playing setting up a Royal Marine themed team

Comment

WW2 and Korean berets were of the "large crown" type and look quite different to the modern/current versions.

Comment

Yes but the same princple applies. It is a lot easier to full dip it in a reasonable hot bowl of water, sqeuze, shape, then dip in cold water, sqeuze, and wear as much as you can. When not wearing it roll it up. Also do NOT get the headband wet! It will shrink the beret.
                              The Survivors airsoft team are now recruiting, go to our web page; http://thesurvivorsairsoftteam.webs.com/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

roshyroovajihi a guy generally interested in anything Find out more about roshyroovajihi
                              Working...
                              X