Hurt Locker Brit PMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hurt Locker Brit PMC

I can't believe that that pile of poop won so many oscars? It is one of the worst films I have ever seen! If the yanks act like that for real its no wonder no body likes them! And why do there always portray the British as either a bad guy or Mr bean?

The green zone is a far better film!
    Multi cam does not equal skill !

Comment

So outraged you had to post it twice eh? :P

I enjoyed The Hurt Locker, from a purely film making point of view it was a very well crafted film. However I'm with you on the Brits being villains in Hollywood thing. I saw an interview with an actor who said that it's most likely down to American's fearing intelligence and British people sound very intelligent.

There seems to be a lot of films where the American's show the British to be incompetant in war, Band Of Brothers for example. Everytime a British soldier is there he is either shown to be incompetant or kissing up to the American soldiers.

Comment

It's funny because we always stereotype Americans as overweight, gun totting hicks... Works both ways. It's called drama and that's why Hurt Locker was highly acclaimed.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
          It's funny because we always stereotype Americans as overweight, gun totting hicks... Works both ways. It's called drama and that's why Hurt Locker was highly acclaimed.
          You mean they aren't?

I thought it was a good film, I wouldn't really say it was a "War" film but it was well made, very slow paced but it made a nice change from the usual over-patriotic stance taken by a lot of Hollywood films

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
            Also ignorant, arogant, annoying and dangerous.
            HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Paul 8v View Post
              You mean they aren't?

I thought it was a good film, I wouldn't really say it was a "War" film but it was well made, very slow paced but it made a nice change from the usual over-patriotic stance taken by a lot of Hollywood films
              I agree...

Well, you look at all the biggest war films of recent years, especially those dealing with recent conflicts... Full Metal Jacket, Jarhead, Generation Kill, Hurt Locker...

All of them are QUESTIONING the conflict and the moral issues behind it as much as they depicting it. At the end of the day, you have men trying to kill other men in these situations, and the emotional compilations are presumably pretty massive, and that's the story these films tell. They don't tend to be ABOUT much, they just question why they are actually doing what they are doing, and if the war is actually helping.

I could go on for hours about it, and I think it's brilliant that films dealing with these issues get exposure.

To relate back to the topic on hand... It should be pretty easy to pull off that look... What would YOU wear in that situation, given the equipment you have?

Comment

Hurt Locker was as much about psychology as anything else.
                HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Originally posted by cool-breeze87 View Post
                  So outraged you had to post it twice eh? :P

I enjoyed The Hurt Locker, from a purely film making point of view it was a very well crafted film. However I'm with you on the Brits being villains in Hollywood thing. I saw an interview with an actor who said that it's most likely down to American's fearing intelligence and British people sound very intelligent.

There seems to be a lot of films where the American's show the British to be incompetant in war, Band Of Brothers for example. Everytime a British soldier is there he is either shown to be incompetant or kissing up to the American soldiers.
                  Yeah it’s a very well made film and full of drama and action I’ll give you that. I guess I was expecting a little more realism and a little less sensationalism. I was very disappointed! At least with Rambo you know what you’re getting, I was expecting a gritty insight into the world of the EOD not a one man army hell bent on saveing the world, and I’m not alone on this. But hey that’s just my opinion.

Comment

Considering that the screenplay for it was written by the guy who was embedded with one of the EOD teams, and they frequently had 20+ calls per day to attend to, it's actually pretty spot on.

Also, a number of the extras where Iraqi's who had fled to Jordan, who had experienced the effects of bombing first hand.
                    Originally posted by palmer234
                    Swerve talks sense. I like him.
                    Originally posted by Robin-Hood
                    Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

Originally posted by lego head View Post
                      Yeah it’s a very well made film and full of drama and action I’ll give you that. I guess I was expecting a little more realism and a little less sensationalism. I was very disappointed! At least with Rambo you know what you’re getting, I was expecting a gritty insight into the world of the EOD not a one man army hell bent on saveing the world, and I’m not alone on this. But hey that’s just my opinion.
                      Erm... Did you watch the film?

Comment

erm..yes!

Comment

Sorry, I've just realised I hate it when people start posts with "erm"...

I thought the film was a pretty good insight into the different personalities of the characters...

Comment

You might want to watch it again Lego. What you described doesn't sound anything like what I saw when I watched it.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
                              It does indeed say they are contractors in the credits.

And no SF units would not be paid a bounty for HVT's, they get a basic army salary the same as any other soldier.
                              Soldier's don't get the bounty directly, but their regiment does, so even if they were SF they might still be mildly interested in bounty... not that the SAS would get caught out in the middle of nowhere without a wrench. That sort of stuff only happens in Libya.

Comment

Originally posted by Airsofter123 View Post
                                Soldier's don't get the bounty directly, but their regiment does, so even if they were SF they might still be mildly interested in bounty... not that the SAS would get caught out in the middle of nowhere without a wrench. That sort of stuff only happens in Libya.
                                No, they'd have a wheel brace or a spanner, septics have wrenches.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TAKEDA88 Film industry Find out more about TAKEDA88
                                Working...
                                X