L129A1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: L129A1

Well considering SFSG are still using the HK417 I would say its not been written off quite yet.

Comment

Originally posted by hapi View Post
      My info was that the guys with the H&K417 were oyal engineer's and had been given the 417 to trial as a way of destroying roadside IED's, hence the scope rather than an acog. H&K 417 was never issued as its poorly made.
      I'm going to ask a mate whos high threat, not saying youre wrong but having spent a fair bit of time on the ground i just cant see how a rifle could be used to exploite or destroy an IED the way they are configued because for starters 9/10 the components are buried...
      Originally posted by Bluegill
      5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

I said they were being trialed as a way of destroying roadside IED's didn't say they worked.

Comment

I really like this design, working on a modern SA80 atm but would love to do this next. What's an approx ballpark figure in total cost for an moderatly accurate build?

Comment

Depends what you use for the base really, if you go with the G&P SR-25k it'll cost a whole lot more than using a JG/A&K of course.

If you go with chinese parts for the LMT style grip/stock and the Tangodown rail covers etc you could do it on a fairly small budget, but the option is there to spend a lot more. It'd be down to the individual to a large extent I'd imagine.
            REMF Tacticool - Facebook, YouTube & Instagram

Comment

I said they were being trialed as a way of destroying roadside IED's didn't say they worked.
              Lol that just comes across as a get out..

I know you did'nt, nor did i say you're wrong, having a interest in counter ied im keen to know whether they have been used with any success. Would save a LOT of risk, how tho with a 7.62 ive no idea
              Originally posted by Bluegill
              5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

My info was that the guys with the H&K417 were oyal engineer's and had been given the 417 to trial as a way of destroying roadside IED's, hence the scope rather than an acog. H&K 417 was never issued as its poorly made.

Doubt the engineers had the jackal at the time that this photo was taken

And many units refused to give their 417s back in after the trial was over. the problem was actually a british made bolt we put in as HK contracted it to a factory in the uk to make the rifle. and they made the bolt flush to the reciver while it should have had a small gap around it. was fixed by putting new bolts in if what i can remember from darkchild is right.

Comment

That photo is of the SFSG training in Oman....I have more of the photos from the set.:D

Comment

Must apologise foe ealier comment ref H&K417's, done some digging and found that althought he trial guns did have some poor quality issue the later guns have been modified to prevent thst happening again. Also found out that the 417 is issued as the L2A1 assualt rifle for SF/SFSG as pointed out above. Will check my info a bit more before I post again.

Comment

Originally posted by Leadmill View Post
                      I really like this design, working on a modern SA80 atm but would love to do this next. What's an approx ballpark figure in total cost for an moderatly accurate build?
                      Think I put mine together for around £200, excluding the Spectre, base AEG was only £125 off the forums
                      I'm getting too old for this shit

Comment

Some great rifles in this thread!

I'm currently working on my one, but have encountered a slight problem.
                        Does anyone know how to go about attaching a flashider to the end of an A&K SR-25?
                        The barrel doesn't have any threading... :/
                        sigpic

Comment

Also found out that the 417 is issued as the L2A1 assualt rifle for SF/SFSG as pointed out above.
                          Any links/evidence for that? Not trying to call you on it but would genuinely like confirmation it's in current use. Last I heard from ITDU it'd been Royally f*cked-off!

Comment

As for RE counter IED weapon, the AW50 is in use for this purpose.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Delta149 Find out more about Delta149
                            Working...
                            X