• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mk7 helmet and Mk3/4 Osprey

I dont have the new resi either. Got my conversion course in feb i think :/
    Kier - "Jamie did you really shag that bird in your body armour?"
    Jamie - "No!"
    Kier - "When she asked if you had protection, i think you got the wrong idea mate!"

Comment

He was asking about the Mk3 (over a year ago as well) which is a surplus item now, and was back then. And I never said the Mk7 was legal to own. The AC900 (almost the same helmet just not the issued version) is however and is sold openly to the public.

Comment

So why were people mentioning Mk4s then? Thats what I was talking about.
        The AC900 if memory serves was kind of a prototype which never made it to service anyway.

You may also take note that I never necrobumped the thread anyway.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Jay 8 asked if the Mk3 was available to buy, as squaddies were now on the Mk4.

Abaddon replied that the Mk3 was fine to buy which is correct (And was correct last year when he originally said it lol). No one mentioned the Mk4 in regards to actually buying one until Bravo2Zero's post last night, you just haven't read the thread correctly and repeated information everyone else already said I'm afraid.

As for the AC900 it's been used by SAS in domestic CT roles but is very close to the Mk7 in design. You can get various AC variants that are close enough to the mk7 to make a good base second hand quite regularly. A friend of mine runs an army surplus store and got something extremely similar from a police clearout.
          Last edited by Nun-Chuck; 10 November, 2012, 20:13.
          Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
          It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Yeah the initial question was about Mk3, as I was looking at getting one at the time, people just spun it off to mention Mk4s, which I already knew were patently not okay to own.

Mk7 helmets was just curiousity, I'd seen a surprising amount on ebay and was curious as to why it was seemingly so widespread - especially as selling a helmet is worse than selling an armour cover. I made my own replica of sorts a few months afterward anyway. Thread is rather irrelevant now, just seems to be a vehicle for people to either lecture on not owning PCS and armour, or try and justify their ownership of it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jay8 Find out more about Jay8
            Working...
            X