British Army in NI during operation Banner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: British Army in NI during operation Banner

That's the 'Chinese Contract' version, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
      That's the 'Chinese Contract' version, I believe.
      That will explain why it needed a screw putting in to get the hop up to work!

Comment

Originally posted by M0WBY View Post
        Hi

I have purchased a WE Browning Hi-Power pistol as a side arm. I have a molle pistol holder for my modern gear. I am just wondering whether the army used pistol's (Browning) in the 1980's during Operation Banner, I think the Irish had them (They were called BAP's), and if so where did the army wear them/put them if they did?

I have seen several 58 pattern browning pistol holsters on a popular internet auction site!

Cheers

John
        Yup, used to carry one as a side on covert ops' (as Pan says, down the front of the keks, before it was "Cool to be gangsta") and also when manning the 'road' on the PVCP at Aughnacloy.

If you want to be particular about it, there's a '58 pattern holster for the Browning and a lanyard to go with it. No idea where you'd source one from though John?
        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
          Yup, used to carry one as a side on covert ops' (as Pan says, down the front of the keks, before it was "Cool to be gangsta") and also when manning the 'road' on the PVCP at Aughnacloy.

If you want to be particular about it, there's a '58 pattern holster for the Browning and a lanyard to go with it. No idea where you'd source one from though John?
          I have a 58 pattern holster and also a lanyard to go with it but I have to admit I have not worked out how the lanyard is meant to be used but there we are!

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
            Did you get a MkII or MkIII?

Personally, I used to stick mine in my trousers. Bloody cold at first but there you go! :D
            Have WE released the MKIII?
            HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin View Post
              Have WE released the MKIII?
              I don't know but mine is a WE which is made in Taiwan and is a copy of the Japanese Tanaka models so I am told so possibly a MkII? I've been told that it does not suffer from the same screw missing out of the hop up problem that the Chinese copies do? But I can't say for definite...

Comment

I have a 58 pattern holster and also a lanyard to go with it but I have to admit I have not worked out how the lanyard is meant to be used but there we are!
                Mine used to be attached to the gun (obviously) and then around my right arm, looped under my epaulette and hey presto, Robert's your old man's brother!

In other news, I've just managed to secure myself a Star/Ares full length L1A1, which I'd been after for sometime, but could never justify. It will now form the focal point for my N.I "shrine" in my computer/gun room.

Not to be skirmished (maybe just the once).
                There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                  Mine used to be attached to the gun (obviously) and then around my right arm, looped under my epaulette and hey presto, Robert's your old man's brother!

In other news, I've just managed to secure myself a Star/Ares full length L1A1, which I'd been after for sometime, but could never justify. It will now form the focal point for my N.I "shrine" in my computer/gun room.

Not to be skirmished (maybe just the once).
                  Nice... Got a picture?

Comment

I remember the Army doing Patrols past my house when I was a kid.

Bit of a blast from the part there! Looks the part mate!
                    "Remember, the faint hearted never f**ked a pig!"
                    Maj. Gen. Jonathan Lamb
                    Commander, SAS Task Force 14

Comment

Nice... Got a picture?
                      I'll try and get a couple taken John. Only got my phone. Too much of a tightarse to buy a decent camera.

Might have been one of us bad boys walking past Lew.

Comment

Nice... Got a picture?
                        In an act of blatant plagarism (once more) I show you my new acquisition from Mudmaniac (good man that he is) and post the picture from his sale/swap thread, along with the boy BAMF in N.I!

We were that chuffed with receiving the new INIBA vests, that we cerimoniously dumped the old stlye flak jackets and went on a photo taking spree!

Comment

Looking SEXY BAMF especially in ye olde smock. :D

Comment

i know your getting rid of it but the signals trf is the wrong way round! signals that are part of 16 airassault brigade wich then was 5 airbourne brigade wore a white over blue DZ, the same size as one of the para battalions badges. this would be the 216 signal sqn. hope this helps!
                            boobies make me smile

Comment

[QUOTE=BAMF;855384]In an act of blatant plagarism (once more) I show you my new acquisition from Mudmaniac (good man that he is) and post the picture from his sale/swap thread, along with the boy BAMF in N.I! [END QUOTE]

Nice rifle. I noticed tonight that the spurious repair that the PO had done on my SA-58 stock has not lasted very long! I now have to either find an ingenious way to repair it or buy a new stock (whats the chance of me finding one!) :-(

May end up wanting to buy a L1A1 quicker than I anticipated grrrrr...

Oh and I managed to get hold of a 68 pattern jacket today.

Comment

There's one up in the sales section now John.

Plus: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=p5197.c0.m619

Check that rarity out. A nice little win on the lottery should see you right mate.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

M0WBY Born in 68 when the troubles in NI were just about to kick off! Find out more about M0WBY
                                Working...
                                X