British Army in NI during operation Banner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: British Army in NI during operation Banner

I know pre 90s and not sure if I can say it on here but I have a nice MKIII "Turtle" type riot helmet on that well know site where you bid at the moment going cheap,the last one went for £83 a few weeks back and no,they are not worth that and I wouldnt expect mine to reach that so if anyone interested and having a bid,best of luck.

Comment

That's a nice go gadge! take it that stirling is a deact. would love an airsoft one!

Comment

No the sterling is an airsoft one. If you look closely you can see the mainspring is painted on to a solid cylinder. The mag is an mp5 one cut and curved to look like a sterling mag.

Comment

O.O you must tell me your secrets! how do I get one! It'll complete my 70's UDR look!

Comment

Custom build by a chap in my re-enactment group. On loan to me for a while at the time of the photoshoot. Perfectly skirmishable too. The owner used it at a recent sennybridge event and it performed well. The custom mag can fail to feed occasionally but it's rare.

Comment

Is it one of Gav's creations Gadge?
              Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

No a chap called Sandy

Comment

Looking for a Mk6 visor for my NI loadout... Anyone know where to look/ get one?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Mcann View Post

I love the line on this picture "(it) has no projecting rim to interfere with passing bullets"
                    Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Where do I buy one?...run out of ideas where to get one...
                      sigpic

Comment

The visor itself or a complete MK6 with visor?

Comment

Just the visor... Ive got the mk6a helmet and nape protector...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawke View Post
                            Lose the Union flag on the left sleeve (back in the 80's, we knew which army we were in, so did the locals!), tighten your webbing, sort out those puttees so they're level, and for all that is holy OPEN YOUR EYES!!!
                            Pretty good though. Stag on...
                            AND Swap the Ammo pouches over! They are the WRONG way round!...............

Comment

As its been a wee bit quiet in here picture-wise i thought id share this. Its WIP i was playing about with the other week to see how it looked, based on a couple of 70s/early 80s SF accounts ive read.

Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

nice..... needs more H&K.. and a balaclava. and ditch your webbing. spare mags along EVERYTHING else went into pockets and your patrol pack believe it or not.

but I do like that 16.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

M0WBY Born in 68 when the troubles in NI were just about to kick off! Find out more about M0WBY
                                Working...
                                X