X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: British Army in NI during operation Banner

Originally posted by bill1310 View Post
    get the ares l1a1 more athentic
    Yes they are about the same price at around £350ish new. I may pick up a secondhand one later on if I see one. But it will be months away as I have just bought a SUSAT for the SA-58 amongst other things!

Comment

SUSAT?

Noooooo! Not on a FN/FAL. Gotta be a S.U.I.T sight.
      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

The SUSAT is similar and a lot easier to come by in airsoft circles at about £80 delivered new. The real thing (SUIT) are about £350 secondhand which is more than a new airsoft gun!!! I dunno if I would want to take that airsofting!!! Especially after My red dot got smashed by a stray BB.
        Last edited by M0WBY; 29 June, 2011, 20:29.

Comment

Can you not pick a clone up from somewhere John?
          There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
            Can you not pick a clone up from somewhere John?
            Will keep my eyes open for one

Comment

The dinky little R Sigs TRF above your rank chevrons - that's a 21st century thing - so get rid.
              Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Apparently CERBERUS AIRSOFT had some for sale feb 2010! About the only referance I can find on google. But that is no surprise...

Comment

I did a quick search and came up with nothing myself John.

The term "Rocking-Horse Poop!" springs to mind!

Comment

They were about as much use as an ashtray on amotorbike anyway, so you're best off without.
                    Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawke View Post
                      The dinky little R Sigs TRF above your rank chevrons - that's a 21st century thing - so get rid.
                      Oh yes of course I forgot that! D'uh! It was on there from before I got into researching my British load out. I really should put a Paras TRF on and make it look like I have passed P-company but that is maybe one boast too far! Also would require me getting a proper para beret!

So was there not an older R Sigs TRF I could use that is in keeping with the 1980's or what happened to R Sigs people who did not pass P company did they just get posted to other units and took their TRF?
                      Last edited by M0WBY; 29 June, 2011, 22:21.

Comment

In about 1990/91 the British Army went a bit badge crackers, and brigade flashes last seen in the last days of National Service started being doled out again, then unit/corps TRFs; so after a while the army started looking like an overgrown cub pack. What you have is a bog standard Sigs TRF, worn by non para units from the late 90's onwards. In the 80's, TRF's weren't worn by the majority of units. So, a Sig S/Sgt (or F of Sigs/Yeo of Sigs as they are also known) would have just worn his rank on his right sleeve - no trade or unit badges, apart from his beret badge.

Comment

Hi

My reflections on my load out so far.

With full riot gear on how you would be able to fire your rifle on a skirmish is beyond me! The main problem is the visor on the helmet. The solution has to be a full mask as the visor is pretty much surplus to requirements (read useless!) as it gets in the way and you can't aim when it is down.

Also how does one remove the kevlar lining from the green flak jackets as this would make it more use friendly in a skirmish! The label says remove kevlar lining to wash??? Only way I can see you doing that is to unpick the sewing on the lining? Probably more work that its worth and definitely squaddie proof!!

Also I find the green shoulder pads are not user friendly either as getting the gun into your shoulder as its a little difficult. Dunno if it is because the green shoulder pads on mine have gone hard over the years or I am just not used to it.

I agree with the post earlier that the belt order is a little cumbersome as well. Modern plate carrier vests with MOLLE webbing throughout for attachment of modular pouches are a definite improvement!

Ho humm!

John

Comment

That's why the latter "I.N.I.B.A" vests were made John. improved Northern Ireland Body Armour.

Believe me mate, it was no fun (I lie, it was) hammering around the streets of Belfast, up on top-cover, with your visor down and SLR at the ready, in the back of an APV. Aiming and firing had to second nature.
                            Last edited by BAMF; 30 June, 2011, 10:04. Reason: :-)

Comment

I'm curious to how an Airsoft Northern Ireland game would be run. No, not curious, baffled. There were no set piece battles/skirmishes, it was all too messy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawke View Post
                                I'm curious to how an Airsoft Northern Ireland game would be run. No, not curious, baffled. There were no set piece battles/skirmishes, it was all too messy.
                                Are you local?

Anyway have a look at some of lima's outfits from Foxtrot58.
                                Last edited by The-Dude; 30 June, 2011, 13:25.
                                Originally posted by JayB591
                                The 99%ers 'what am bestust gun for me on budgit of tennar'
                                Originally posted by Phatvortex
                                You've never searched for bacon? Then you are not a true man.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

M0WBY Born in 68 when the troubles in NI were just about to kick off! Find out more about M0WBY
                                Working...
                                X