Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mtp! not complete but nearly

hi guys,

when ever i search for mtp on the forums it always comes up with people wanting pics of it!!

i have a modern british loadout on the go...its not complete by a long shot, i need a different plate carrier..or just load it with various MTP pouches.
    i also have an ics l85 with RS ris rail and acog with riser not in the pic....and a wish list for an m249 para..

let us no what ya think...as i said not finished yet...i like the mtp as its different, also the brit look no one normally goes for so i thought why not!

there house pics...will update this as it goes on and i will get some on a skirmish
    cheers

Re: mtp! not complete but nearly

Looking good mate, you can find the odd mtp helmet cover on eBay, think there's one on there now
    G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

hi mate,

cheers...yeah i was thinking about that. but i have seen pics of the desert cover still in use. need pouches in mtp and a daysack

Comment

Just thought I would throw it out there, that it is infact illegal to own Multi-Terrain Pattern uniform as a civilian.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyl View Post
          Just thought I would throw it out there, that it is infact illegal to own Multi-Terrain Pattern uniform as a civilian.
          That's not quite true....
          MTP is a one time issue, so basically once it's issued stores don't want it back. So if the guy selling it leaves or completes a tour and won't be going away again, there's nothing to stop them selling it, chucking it in the bin, whatever they want.
          When I left I gave all my kit back and they threw it in the bin for me
          G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

MTP WAS a one time issue for theatre. Now with the new roll out of the newer MTP, opposed to the old 95 style trousers and jacket cuts in MTP, it will be an 1157 jobby. All CS95 is to be handed back in and the MTP replacement will be issued out in due time. Next year for me i think. Artillery are wearing it at the minute as normal working dress. I dont like it. I like the design of it, with its gucci pockets and the like, but it looks scruffy and American. Untucked shirts for a start. Good in theatre, but not the UK.

Comment

And yet PCS in DPM would be very....weird

To the OP, go for MTP pouches. MK4 Ospreys are very cool but inadvisable to try and source!
              Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
              Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

As it's not fully rolled out to all HM Armed Forces, soldiers shouldn't be selling it. Until it's available in all the surplus dumps (so factory mistakes eg. pocket screwed up/pattern), it shouldn't be in the market.

But go ahead.

Comment

Hmm I thought that only applied for the mk7 helmet and the mk4 body armour. MTP was sourced from a seller that has alot more..one time issued gear

If it is illegal to own MTP there's alot of wrong going on a certain bay and this forum then???

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyl View Post
                    As it's not fully rolled out to all HM Armed Forces, soldiers shouldn't be selling it. Until it's available in all the surplus dumps (so factory mistakes eg. pocket screwed up/pattern), it shouldn't be in the market.

But go ahead.
                    Confused by this. What is often called 'MTP' but is really CS95 in MTP is also defunct as PCS (in MTP) is being rolled out. So are you making a moral argument about soldiers (and others) selling kit or making a legal statement?

Some surplus stores have MTP (CS95) available.
                    Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

No, I have actually been told by members of HMAF and others, that they and the buyers will be arrested. What surplus stores are selling this?

Comment

I can't link to retailers, but they're not hard to find. Again are you sure your information relates to both CS95 MTP and PCS?

If you're sure it's illegal why did you advise the OP to 'go ahead'?

Comment

Right, lets try to clear this up. The original MTP (lets call it Mk1) has been supplied to the forces for well over a year now. This was of the CS95 cut. Lots of that has been out to theatre and has come back. As this now isn't uniform, and isn't being used, alot ends up on ebay etc, as Hoggy says, a one time issue for theatre.
                          PCS (as it is properly called) or MTP Mk2 is the new stuff that will replace CS95/DPM over the next year or so as the day to day uniform (depending on local regs), as it gets rolled out. Some have been issued it, some will take longer. All luck of the draw. I'm with Hoggy, it looks awful in the american style cut, and untucked, not nice.
                          As for the selling of it, given that it hasn't been totally rolled out yet, there shouldn't be any on the market. Obviously guys will try to sell it, but that is their risk. People have been caught and arrested for selling off stores before, and the military police (all three of them) do keep a look out for that sort of stuff. If the seller gets caught and you get tracked down, you could end up getting done for handling stolen goods, even if you say you didn't know, but really you know they are a bit suspect (as anthonyl states).
                          Anyone cutting about an airsoft site wearing PCS, who isn't a serving member, has probably (though not definatively) got it through a source that should not be selling at the moment, after all they are selling their uniform, which could be classed as a breach of Queens Regs (military law).
                          sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Ah, sorry, didn't mean to confuse.

Comment

Wow...tbh I didn't know it was wrong to own it...seems a shame to bin it. But I don't want to offend or break any laws lol

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tropicaltrifle Find out more about tropicaltrifle
                              Working...
                              X