mtp! not complete but nearly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mtp! not complete but nearly

I have MTP and I'd go as far as saying that 25% of the lads at the local site I skirmish at do too. I'm sure there are legal issues with this but how many people take ration packs to weekenders? They aren't for civvy use either. I'm not sure you are legally allowed to operate a Clansman or similar either.

There are millions of MTP bits of kit out there at the mo on eBay and other sites at the mo and I personally brought two pairs of CS cut from a squaddie who retired who was also selling his boots and a DDPM smock etc. It happens.

There are many softers who dress up as the SS which causes untold offence to me however it's just what people are going to do so by all means disagree with it but understand that people are going to do it reguardless. I'm sure there are threads where you can state your objections but lets let this chap get back on topic...

@tropicaltrifle

You're going for an MTP look and you've got a UBACS - a little way to go yet lol. You could get away with a DDPM MKII Osprey and then MTP/MC pouches on it which would look alright. I run a green PC with MC pouches and it works with my MTP. As mentioned the helmet covers are easily available in both MTP and MC. If you do go with DDPM for your vest, I'd suggest that you get tan (or as I preffer to call it - beige lol) boots and belt as this will accent the DDPM vest. I often see pictures of squaddies in mix matched kit when the full spec isn't available so don't beat yourself up on not being able to get a MKIV Osprey as you'll be lucky to get one for less than £500!
    Last edited by Rich83; 27 October, 2011, 08:18. Reason: I wrote that you had a shirt and then noticed it was a UBACS!

Comment

Looks like you're about ready to give Terry the business.

Looks great!
      "Remember, the faint hearted never f**ked a pig!"
      Maj. Gen. Jonathan Lamb
      Commander, SAS Task Force 14

Comment

Thanks rich!

Yeah Ubacs? Is this wrong? Not to sure tbh
        I'm trying to source a decent multicam pc..full of with MTP pouches however I might get an osprey if need be.

I do have tan boots and tan bits n bobs such as belt and gloves etc

Comment

Nothing wrong with the UBACS, I wear one under my PC. MTP pouches will cost you ten to twenty each but you should get ammo and util and an admin panel for under fifty. You then pay fifty for a DDPM Osprey which may come with some pouches you can flog and you're sorted. MTP trousers have gone right down in price now so you can get them for about twenty on the auction site. My mate just brought "Warriors DCS 5.55mm DA Carrier" (google it) and it's well good and comes with really good fake plates. It's nothing like what we have issued to our guys but it's a PC in MC with carrige for five mags and two util pouches all for £130 which is the best I've ever seen retail. Even the MOLLE loops are MC webbing as opposed to the tan or OD of earlier models. This mate of mine runs it with MTP trousers and UBACS, I'll try get a pic.

EDIT - the pic of the chap in the middle with the fag is the one in the MC PC that I reccomend.

Comment

if you get caught with MTP it goes bye bye and gets confiscated as a guy i know found out the hard way.

The soldiers are NOT allowed to sell it on and do get in serious trouble when caught, you wont get into any trouble for buying it but you will lose all your kit if they catch you with it.
            The MOD and Police are monitoring Ebay for MTP sales and clamp down on it so i wouldn't go posting pics of yourselves on here wearing MTP as its very dodgy but i guess its your money you lose if you get it confiscated.
            Signature Link Removed

Comment

Please close

Comment

Originally posted by Genista View Post
                Confused by this. What is often called 'MTP' but is really CS95 in MTP is also defunct as PCS (in MTP) is being rolled out. So are you making a moral argument about soldiers (and others) selling kit or making a legal statement?

Some surplus stores have MTP (CS95) available.
                I run my own Surplus Business and get all my gear direct from the MOD and i can tell you 100000% that MTP is in no way shape or form being released and if surplus stores have got it then they have got it through ways they shouldn't have (like buying it from soldiers) and run the risk of having the lot confiscated.
                Signature Link Removed

Comment

actually no the CS95 MTP is perfectly legal to own as it was issued under the UOR, however the PCS MTP is illegal to own

Comment

i can tell you right now not one single piece of MTP is legally being released from the MOD and we have all been instructed that ANY MTP that might accidentley come through has to be sent straight back immediately, Believe me if it was being Legally released id be making a fortune on it lol
                    Signature Link Removed

Comment

this is the mk1 mtp by the looks of it and i believe as it is out of theatre can be sold on forums

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Sneaky View Post
                        i can tell you right now not one single piece of MTP is legally being released from the MOD and we have all been instructed that ANY MTP that might accidentley come through has to be sent straight back immediately

This may well be true but I think you should make a thread, because the OP obviously doesn't want to hear about it, he just wanted feedback on his loadout.

So on topic, you said you were getting an osprey (I think) so what version are you going for?

And has anyone had any experience with the MTP webbing sets, they look quite nice

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tropicaltrifle Find out more about tropicaltrifle
                        Working...
                        X