Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MP5 with Maglite, SAS Op Nimrod

Originally posted by SO19 View Post
    Also they weren't Maglites - but that bit you'll have to work out for yourselves :D
    Maybe, but a maglite will do for me.
    HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

i agree devlin, although i think it was a streamlight they used they are probably hard to find for that type. a maglite looks close enough for an impression

i mean dont get me wrong i can agree with what so19 is saying with the accounts of jubilee clips and tape and all kinds of other mods they did its just i have seen so many photos that were apparently from op nimrod including the photo taken with maggie thatcher shortly after ( or before i cant remember ) and i havent seen any that are hard evidence of jubilees, probably because any that may be real are too far away to be sure

if you wanna go with the jubilee method just screw the jubilees to the claw mount via the two holes then add the maglite and tighten up the jubilees job done. they did bodge it on the day in many places as the equipment just wasnt available so it wont look out of place

Comment

The one with Maggie was "requested" by her and wasn't done voluntarily :D
        It was also quite a while afterwards contrary to popular belief.
        If you ever get to meet Pete, Mel (the guy ACTUALLY behind Mac on the balcony) or any of the others then the real stories are no where near what the public thinks.
        sigpic
        Signature removed due to one bearded mans love for another.....

(and Ponies)

Comment

I do like a good bodge
          HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

I was actually about to ask the same question.

Zeroin pulls through again! :P
            "Remember, the faint hearted never f**ked a pig!"
            Maj. Gen. Jonathan Lamb
            Commander, SAS Task Force 14

Comment

this may help then

dont thank me for the pic though it was given to me by a very helpful and serious sas collector

Comment

If you are going to talk about things in such specific detail, best to get it right!

Mel was the first onto the balcony, he dropped something as he went and you see him look down and pick something up (he can't recall what) JM was behind him with the frame charge. Mel is seen gesticulating to the guy inside to get down, they turn around and clear the balcony. The charge went off too early as the signal to blow it was confused with Mel slipping.

Another point about JM leading the job, he was 2ic to Mel on the front team, part of much larger team. He was never the "commander"

As for the torch, it was a Streamlight but for a reasonable impression, a Maglight will suffice, the important thing is to have it mounted right, the tube system pictured above is correct.

Interesting the teams with the torches were tasked with the basements, the fact the heavy drapes made the rest of the building almost pitch black was missed. The guys had to wait for the basement to be cleared and then got the torches to come up, lesson learnt was to give everyone a torch!

A

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Devlin Find out more about Devlin
                Working...
                X