Contemporary British Loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Contemporary British Loadout

Had a comment elsewhere about the ops panel being used with the cummerbunds.
    Not sure if i have done something wrong with that? As in used both. But being 5ft 7 and a 38 waist, getting the cummbunds to meet and clip together would be impossible lol. Working on the weight/waist size at the moment though. 1st 4lbs lost since Jan 1st this year.

Wondering if i should move the cummerbunds further round the sides, but looking at the osprey assembly guide,they appear to be in the correct place...
    Last edited by ghostwalker; 9 March, 2015, 09:16.

Comment

You could ditch the cummerbunds all together and buy some MTP plate pockets. They are less than £20 and are used in place of the cummerbund.

Also, what size osprey did you buy? I reckon you need a 170/108 for your height/waist. I'm six foot, have a 38 waist and I used a 190/108.

Comment

Its 170/100 which was the best 'fit' he had. Others were either too long and meant you ended up eating the top when kneeling, or too small. So it was a balance.

Overall i am a 38 waist (slowly drifting down to 36) A 44 inch chest. 5'7 height.

Looking at the mk4 assembly guide. Running it in 'light' order might be the best option. I have taken the cummerbunds off to strip it right back to light. Ie no cummerbunds, ops panel on front, no neck or should sections.

There is still some plain velcro showing on the front, but hopefully with my new job, that will soon be gone as the armour fits more snugly . Standing up all day, walking about controlling hoardes of charging kids and a 10 mile cycle ride in each direction.

Comment

LoL I never used the cummerbund as I found it too bulky, but equally wasn't after a perfect accurate load out.

You can buy blanking panels for the Osprey which will cover your obvious Velcro, or keep an eye on the auction site for a bigger rig as 100 is obviously a bit snug as a 44 chest (like mine) is 108 cm.

Comment

Yeah will see how it unfolds. With work shifts it may be a month or 2 until my days off match the days at the site.
            So plenty of time to make it into a 100 lol.

I have just stripped the armour right done again. Realised that what i thought were Cummerbunds arent. they are side plate carriers. Explains why they don't reach the front lol.

Comment

Same diff mate, the old version was cummerbunds and the new version is just plate pockets. As far as I am aware that is the only difference between the MKa and MKb.

Comment

The side plate carriers aren't anywhere near as big as the cummerbunds from the looks of them though.
                I can't find much info on the differences between mk4 and mk4a. So i am wondering if the side plate carriers were designed to work with the ops panel on mk4a as opposed to the cummerbunds that replace the ops panel on mk4.
                In either case i would assume the cummerbunds/side carriers are left off of the armour in 'light role'.

Comment

I think side plates are used for all roles, but the cummerbund was improved and became the plate pockets, that is to say the plate pockets are a replacement upgrade part to reduce the bulk.

Comment

Sorry, wasn't too clear - the plate pockets are the improved cummerbund. They just hold plates.

Comment

So with the difference in size between the much larger cummerbunds and the plate pockets.Would the plate pockets be designed for use with the ops panel?

Comment

Quick question for you fine folks.
                        British army issue knee pads and gloves.
                        Gloves are Oakley SI Assault and the Kneepads are Blackhawk Tactical Advance. Is thats correct?
                        Was there any specific colour or was it a case of Tan/coyote or Foliage/olive green as the individual wanted?

Comment

Foliage for knees, tan for gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostwalker View Post
                            So with the difference in size between the much larger cummerbunds and the plate pockets.Would the plate pockets be designed for use with the ops panel?
                            Yeah the side plate holders are for use with the ops panel, they hold the ECBA plates more securely then the cummerbund did.

Comment

Tried a molle belt/yoke with my mk4a today.

Maybe its my might 5ft 7in standing. But it was a nightmare. The osprey kept riding up on the molle belt sitting too high.

Guessing my only real option is to keep my pouches on the osprey and being a little less 'theatre standard'. But i have read a lot of comments from folks who have been on Herricks and said they have put pouches back on their osprey as they didn't get on with the molle belt either.

On the plus side. Only waiting on my Mich2002 helmet to arrive from ireland now. Then i have pretty much all my 'kit' sorted aside from a camelback.
                              If my helmet hasn't arrived by april 5th (my first ever airsoft gameday) then i guess i will have to roll with a boonie or my beret instead.

Comment

So today i decided to see how it all felt together.
                                Realised im going to have fun with the goggles as they fog up just by being indoors (hoping removing the foam over the vents will help).
                                Discovered my old beret has a hole in it and no longer fits....much sobbing as it's been with me for 14 years now .

But life moves on. So i got all the kit together, reassembled my osprey to 'non theatre standard) sorry to the purists, but the molle osprey belt just didnt work for me. Then i got all the kit together for the first time since i started buying it all 3 weeks ago and had a 'wowzers no wonder im poor' moment.
                                Here it all is laid out

After some wrestling with the osprey, abusive language and trips back down memory lane.
                                Here it is all fitted to a tellytubby. I mean me.

As mentioned in my previous post. I just need to add a dump pouch, camelback and await the arrival of my Mich helmet to finish the look off.
                                After that it's timefor the adventure of my first games of airsoft over april and may and then some frantic saving to get my l85a2 and all the bits to make it afghan spec (though a tiny bit of me would love to do the l85a2 with underslung grenade launcher, but i have been the bits are harder to come by now).

Anyway folks. Any feedback much appreciated on the loadout so far.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slava Find out more about Slava
                                Working...
                                X