Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Contemporary British Loadout

Originally posted by Downrange View Post
    I have a few friends around the forces and the ones who have been issued mtp all wear desert boots with them?
    yeah i wear desert lowa's with my MTP
    Alliness Saves Lives

If at first you don't succeed the call in a JDAM

Comment

I hope these pics of me in Nad-e-Ali North in March 2010 when i was attached to 3Para on tour.

Kit i had was:
      Mk7 helmet
      MTP Ospery
      Tan Oakley Tactical Gloves
      Airborne Webbing with Sewn in waistcoat (bought from Dragon Supplies and tailor made)
      Desert Lowas
      MTP UBACS and MTP Pants.

Hope this helps you out
      Alliness Saves Lives

Comment

Originally posted by bravotwozero View Post
        Old photos but may be of some use:

Second photo is not me.
        I was under the impression that putting the bayonet frog horizontally on the rear of the yoke was considered "bad form"? Since you couldn't tell if you'd dropped it, and anyone approaching you from behind could draw it without you having much idea? I was told its better to put it between the left side ammunition double and leftmost utility, with the blade flat to the side of the pouch.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel View Post
          I was under the impression that putting the bayonet frog horizontally on the rear of the yoke was considered "bad form"? Since you couldn't tell if you'd dropped it, and anyone approaching you from behind could draw it without you having much idea? I was told its better to put it between the left side ammunition double and leftmost utility, with the blade flat to the side of the pouch.
          i dont think its 'bad form' to have you bayonet frog horizontal due to the fact that the bayonet cant fall out of the scabbard because its well fitted into it. it takes a bit of force to draw your bayonet from your scabbard. Also the scabbard is also clipped into the bayonet frog so its virtually impossible for it to fall out. the other hand in what you are saying about someone coming up behind you and drawing it without you knowing is a bit ninja that is. because your in a section and there should be a member of the section behind you and if your at the back of the section your tail-end charlie anyways so your going to notice anyone come up behind you because youll be watching the rear of the section.

PLCE is personal preferrance there isnt a most do or have on it. Its up to the owners preferrance.

I have my bayonet frog horizontal myself because its personal preferrance (even though yes in my pictures i have my bayonet in my molle loop in my osperay but that was due to that i didnt have a bayonet frog on my airborne webbing).
          Alliness Saves Lives

Comment

Thanks mate, great pics!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Slava View Post
              Thanks mate, great pics!
              anytime it, i thought it would help people who are looking for pics of modern british kit and how some people wear it in the field/ on tour. so thought might as well post the pics of me on tour.
              Alliness Saves Lives

Comment

Awesome pics, widow. Always helpful to see some operational photos.

Was it purely issued gear that you guys were wearing or did you see many with privately bought Crye's or replicas?
                "They love it, they do, they love it"

Comment

Originally posted by Junglespy View Post
                  Awesome pics, widow. Always helpful to see some operational photos.

Was it purely issued gear that you guys were wearing or did you see many with privately bought Crye's or replicas?
                  its all issued kit just been a little allied up in making it personal kit and also for comfit while using it. No replica's or crye's. Except my webbing which i bought from

it was tailor made to my size and had the opional extra of the yoke upgrade to an assault rig style vest instead of the normal PLCE yoke.

it was more comfy to have the assault rig style yoke being worn under the ospery.
                  Last edited by Fizzy; 5 April, 2012, 11:56. Reason: Retailer removed
                  Alliness Saves Lives

Comment

Makes a lot of sense, too.

Thanks again for sharing. Certainly helping me with the type of loadout I'm going for. Will be posting pics shortly.
                    "They love it, they do, they love it"

Comment

Originally posted by Angel View Post

Yeah true.

But never had this issue while playing Airsoft

Comment

Thought best to post this here, rather than start a new thread!

Here's my attempt at a Pathfinders get-up. Only addition to the kit is a KJ Works
                        P226, which I'm currently deciding how to mount. Kit list available upon request. Suggestions more than welcome.

Comment

Tomster, TBH, I can't see what makes this a "pathfinders" set up. All you have done is put an old dpm shirt with multicam/mtp trousers and an assault vest and black Oakley gloves. Nothing special about that. Don't forget, path finders are just a section of the paras, nothing more or less. You need to stick with either DPM or MTP. Probably PLCE but obviously that is a preference.
                          sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Thanks for the input. Was attempting a greenside set up from various things
                            I've read, and from photos I've seen. My basic aim was to pull up a loadout
                            that was, at least, based off accessable media whilst still being practical for
                            the site I play at. I'll try and find some of the pictures I used.

I used to use PLCE webbing, but I felt it was too much, hence the change to
                            the Ops Vest. The inspiration for the trop shirt came from a picture of an
                            Infantry bloke whilst on training in Kenya. However I plan on switching the shirt
                            out for an MTP one, once I can find one in my size.

From what I understand a 'good' British loadout is very much 'KISS' but with a
                            few 'gucci' extras (such as the trop shirt).
                            Last edited by tomster.2807; 8 April, 2012, 20:29. Reason: Spelling & Grammer

Comment

Here are a few pics from a recent game:

I think the loadout is almost finished. Just needs the accessories for the L85 (ris, flashider, llm, gripod, emags).
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowdrop View Post
                                Tomster, TBH, I can't see what makes this a "pathfinders" set up. All you have done is put an old dpm shirt with multicam/mtp trousers and an assault vest and black Oakley gloves. Nothing special about that. Don't forget, path finders are just a section of the paras, nothing more or less. You need to stick with either DPM or MTP. Probably PLCE but obviously that is a preference.
                                not to sound like a pr*ck snowdrop but when i was with 3 para we used MTP with dpm smocks also youll find pathfinders are more than just paras as they have to go and do the 'patrols' course then go and do the jungle phase of selection (SAS) then also be selected for it because they are used as SFSG same as 1 Para.

and to tomster the pathfinders dont use SA80's on deployment they use Demarco's.
                                Alliness Saves Lives

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slava Find out more about Slava
                                Working...
                                X