• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Contemporary British Loadout

Here's my SG-21 look, which is based on UKSF

Santa *creepy kiss* xXx

Comment

Cool loadout santa. What would you say characterises it as a SG-21 loadout?

Here's an update on our project. The loadouts are pretty much complete now.
      sigpic

Comment

To be honest, I would say nothing about Santa's loadout is atall UKSF. Looking good as ever Slava, need a RIS on that L85 though, plus a surefire flash hider. Also also maybe CAT and blood group patches?

Comment

Thanks, man. We've put a lot of time (and money!) into the loadouts.

We know we need a RIS, but can't justify the price of it at the moment. It's also an ICS L85, which as far as I'm aware, requires an adaptor for rails. Might get a CAT and blood patches later, but they aren't exactly necessities.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay8 View Post
            To be honest, I would say nothing about Santa's loadout is atall UKSF. Looking good as ever Slava, need a RIS on that L85 though, plus a surefire flash hider. Also also maybe CAT and blood group patches?
            Thanks mate! Yep, I think the RIS is next on the list, along with an LLM-01.
            I've got some sort of black Viper belt/strap that looks very similar to the CAT, so I've been using that, but it's in my left shoulder pocket so you can't see it.
            Just waiting for them to make a 6x ACOG replica now haha!
            sigpic

Comment

Lose all the 'stuff' down the front of your armour, it may look cool but isnt authentic. Step on something in real life with your set up and you get a cylume in your throat along with the other dramas. (Especially bayonets for bloke on page 2...!!!)

Lose the OD tape on helmet and use none, or tan tape that is camed up to break the line effect.

Only use orange tinted or clear lenses, not black.

Consider getting an under armour molle belt kit to take some of the mag pouches off your front. Prone position is good...

Spray things like nvg mount tan.

Try and find an issue med pouch if you can. They are SOP and everyone has one. Right side.

Consider crye trousers if you dont mind forking out the cash

Get it all a bit dirtier and faded and it looks pretty good. Weapons look far too new. If you can bring yourself to sand paper some edges they will look better but thats a pretty strong shout on a pricey gun.

Comment

Stuff on front of Osprey has only been discouraged since about H12/13. All the photos of Riflemen on Herrick 10 had kit all over them, especially their sword.

Why cant he use green tape? Most people use it as when its dirty it blends with the rest of your kit anyway.

Comment

• Slava like you say your getting there. Keep it up mate good effort

Comment

Originally posted by Ironfist View Post
                    Only use orange tinted or clear lenses, not black.
                    Why, pray tell?

Point to note on 'stuff on front'... it's been discouraged - but it's still up to the individual. Unless you're a tom and you'll do what you're told.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                      Why, pray tell?

Point to note on 'stuff on front'... it's been discouraged - but it's still up to the individual. Unless you're a tom and you'll do what you're told.
                      Because black lenses are strongly discouraged/banned in Afghan. They like to see your eyes its a cultural/trust thing. Nobody wears black lenses on patrol.

Same sketch with with 'stuff' down the front of your Osprey. Check out recent photos and very few cat 3 soldiers (those who close with and kill the enemy) will have anything there. (If they do they need to get gripped as it is now SOP, the pics of those caught out are not cool.).

Edit: Current thinking suggests that a recent spree of head shots suffered may be down to green tape being so blatently obvious against all backgrounds. It is also strongly discouraged/baned on patrol. It needs to be cammed up to break up the line minimum. Tape is only required if your helmet cover doesnt fit well not to look cool. Also scrim is being discussed, soldiers like it but it is also discouraged for similar reasons.

Comment

I can definitely understand the deal with the lenses. I don't tend to wear black ones anyway.

As for the green tape...I'm not sure. Looking at some of these pictures, it doesn't seem like it's any different to brown tape. If green tape is really the main thing that gives the soldier away, I'm surprised that other things such as the big antennas, nvg plates, chinstraps don't do the same. Either way, almost in every single picture I see, soldiers are using it, so I don't think I'll be changing my loadout any time soon. Besides, it'll probably be better in the British environment anyway

sigpic

Comment

There was an Infantry briefing note last year about tape and scrim. No one seems to care though, I certainly dont.

Comment

2d11596d.jpgThe above is true... also you are indeed right scrim and tape is very popular. However in the really shit areas you will see people cutting around like this...

Last edited by Ironfist; 21 July, 2012, 20:28.

Comment

If someone can see you by a few inches of tape then something is seriously wrong. Agreed, some go heavily over the top. But iif you use hessian/strips of mtp material it breaks up the outline anyway. Ofcourse, you need the cap and back badge on your cover.

Comment

If you have seen the comparison photos of various types of helmet at 50m (which given your name I will assume you have) it is pretty clear that uncammed tape is noticeable and scrimmed helmets look unnaturally dark. It may not look as ally but normal helmet covers or hessian strips are the way forward (id go for the cam above every time, if in light role.).

Each to their own though
                                Last edited by Ironfist; 22 July, 2012, 00:44.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slava Find out more about Slava
                                Working...
                                X