Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The new General Service Respirator

Originally posted by RM_Stu View Post
    have just seen one of these new respirators on a popular auction site, someone is a very naughty boy/girl
    It could be an early model. They have been knocking about in the testing stages for a while now but, as I mentioned there were stacks of problems. This could be one of those.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Just asked one of the CBRN instructors about them, yes the lense has a ballistic protection, he also said they suck the big one, epic fail so far - used the wrong type of sealent during the early manufacturing process which means that the porta count is far below S10 it also causes the thing to perish over time around the visor. These issues have been or are being sorted but it appears the thing has had to undergo some modification, even suggested the job is not going to go for them now and will go to something else. So good luck to the MoD for that one. I'll stick with my S10 I think. He even thinks they had one in his CBRN store that was sent by the manufacturer to trial, he will dig it out if he can find it as he thinks it has perished already. Nice idea with the good field of vision and sealing cannisters though, no doubt the new one will be ok.
      Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
      Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

I'd heard they had issues with it, that was 4 years ago though, would've thought that wouldve been sorted already!
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Anyone selling items like this on Fleebay or simillar is likely to receive a visit from the MOD police fairly soon...
          HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

There are several Sellers on FleaBay with these and new MTP Kit I hope they get a knock on the Door soon!

Comment

No law against selling MTP gear though, most of it is issued gear from forces leavers, stores dont take that stuff back a lot of the time so its yours to do what ever with!
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Sean, sorry fella but have to say... Your picture with the background and the pose barrel angle etc you look like your wearing a giant Elephant head costume. What is that in the background? It looks like giant ears and a trunk?

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
                Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

It's an old gun battery from screasdon fort bud.
                  I've been told by someone they thought they were wings before as well! :D

Comment

Yep can see the wings idea also. Ta lots, although almost disappointed it wasn't the pantomime head.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Hmmm gives me a loadout idea! Funny pantomime head!
                      Panto SF FTW! :D

Comment

Originally posted by Devlin View Post
                        Anyone selling items like this on Fleebay or simillar is likely to receive a visit from the MOD police fairly soon...
                        Hopefully, instead they are stopping every few cars on the way out of work. Im hoping to get stopped soon with all my issue kit in the car so I can p*** the head of security off!

Comment

a dont think theres any law in sellin them tbh
                          Originally posted by bravotwozero
                          Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

Originally posted by Garf3r View Post
                            a dont think theres any law in sellin them tbh
                            But there is a law against theft/handling stolen goods/unlawfully selling kit that has been issued to you on a 1033 etc.

Comment

Technically it isn't your kit, the Queen just loans it to you, so unless you work with William or Harry and they speak to their gran....!
                              sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

I think most of the kit on your 1157 (or 11something) gets written off anyway after yo leave so no one checks that. But my helmet and S10 were persona issue items somehow....

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
                                Working...
                                X