Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help on MTP loadout

Originally posted by Phatvortex View Post
    Thats a lie. Definately not everyone is issued revisions.
    The QM isnt doing his job properly then. ESS kit is no longer being bought by the MoD, Revision got the latest contract (as both the glasses and goggles provide more protection and easier to use). The only kit that is coming in, in regards to eyewear, is made by revision.(about 100 pallets of each so far this year)

Comment

Originally posted by Chosen-Man View Post
      The QM isnt doing his job properly then. ESS kit is no longer being bought by the MoD, Revision got the latest contract (as both the glasses and goggles provide more protection and easier to use). The only kit that is coming in, in regards to eyewear, is made by revision.(about 100 pallets of each so far this year)
      Obviously the old stuff hasn't been backloaded then. Just got back and was issued ESS'. Guys who have just gone from here were issued the same.

Either way, arguing over eyewear is a bit sad really, so I'm going to stop now. Lol.
      Buy my stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Phatvortex View Post
        Obviously the old stuff hasn't been backloaded then. Just got back and was issued ESS'. Guys who have just gone from here were issued the same.

Either way, arguing over eyewear is a bit sad really, so I'm going to stop now. Lol.
        That does happen quite often, usually the unit will keep whatever spare because they dont think about the thousands of new kit coming in each day to DSDC. Thing is, if any blokes that are using the ESS loose their eyesight due to the glasses then it will be the qm's head that rolls.

Comment

I went to the zerone weekender at ground zero

I seen alot of British solders loadouts up to date mtp loadouts and current issue gear.
          What do british solders in 2012-2013 or up to date "ish" wear in iraq on there backs?? I seen alot of patrol packs-day sacks ect.. I run a molle vest (German multicam) with British army mag pouches at front (single) x 4 and a dump pouch, smoke grenade pouch.
          .on the back it's just a hydration carrier normal whatever English mtp ( nothing great ) I want to get somthing that I can put stuff in. I ran low on ammo and needed some more battery's for my gun so I carried them in my pockets, packs of bbs ect. I looked at various types of hydration molle stuff with added pouches for my back but have decided that I might get a bag( patrol bag- day sack ) like the guys in iraq because I want to look like a British solder since I got a mk6 helmet, boots mtp ubacs, sa80 ect.

Are there pros and cons to this? Are they comfortable? And what are those bags called? Patrol bags? Day sacks? And what do I need to look for? I know you can't link.

Ps I've looked on google for some British solder loadouts and on here but it's all 1998 stuff with troops wearing desert cammo..
          And from saint Peter he will tell!! one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bluemonkey Find out more about Bluemonkey
          Working...
          X