Where has uksf thread gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where has uksf thread gone?

I used to moderate the whole gear/loadouts section, and before I was asked to provide all my contact details or step down (pretty obvious which I chose) I had the section pretty well sorted, and at the time very little of the flaming and trolling went on and if it had I wouldn't have allowed it to go un punished, regardless of who was doing it. Neither side of the fence is guilt free. However there is no need for any of it either.

Originally posted by Sig View Post
    What kind of chest rig is she wearing?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]52201[/ATTACH]
    Prime example. But there is a slight flaw to you plan as she isn't wearing a chest rig. She is wearing a revolver shoulder holster and a Patient leather corset. Plus those boots have never been seen in use by "them" :P

At the end of the day I have a sense of humour. But quite frankly it wears pretty bloody thin when I am being accused by some one ON THE INTERNET of being a walt/poser/whatever other clever insult you think up. And before you say "man up its the internet everyone is a C nut" I haven't attacked you for your choice of hobbies. For all I care you can go and have your balls nailed to a park bench while someone electrocutes your nipples. I don't judge you for what you enjoy to do (unless you molest children or physically harm women in which case I wish you as painful a death as I can imagine).

I don't claim to have served, I did AOSB (and passed) but due to my girl friend at the time didn't go to Sandhurst. I never stand around the safe zone saying in a loud voice "WOW, this MSA Paraclete SOHPC is really comfy! And this strobe weight so little! Oh and look at my ASOLO boots they are SAS issue!" I go airsofting to have fun, get some exercise and verbally abuse my friends. I enjoy a days skirmish just as much with a rental AK and a spare mag in my pocket. The UKSF impressions are a whole different hobby in itself really. It just happens I have a, somewhat, valid excuse to buy the things I do.

As to the Fizzy about the arguements about colours on a certain SEALs thread on a different forum. That was a geardo on geardo argument, it wasn't people trolling the thread for jollies. Some geardo's will jump on people, even I do to a certain extent, I have no illusions that I am a saint. But that is normally down to the fact its the same questions being asked yet again or someone who clearly didn't read the thread before posting. But that is no excuse for what goes on sometimes on this forum as far as flaming and trolling goes (which is something exclusive to this forum, neither of the other 2 tolerate it AT ALL)

Comment

Does seem though that the geardos and wardrobe freaks have more arguments than the weaponheads and gunnoiseurs... I wonder why that is?

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
        Does seem though that the geardos and wardrobe freaks have more arguments than the weaponheads and gunnoiseurs... I wonder why that is?
        Cos' it's fashion and people will always bitch about fashion :p

@Abbadon: Sometimes though people take the whole impression thing far too seriously. It seems that some of those who do impressions think they are one of "them" at least that's the generally elitist remarks they make about gear. The only reason I partake in the whole impression thing is because it's fun, I enjoy smaller details and getting them right and it's strangely rewarding hunting down near impossible things to find. Plus running around in 2 stones worth of kit is a great work out :p

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Trolling in a thread isn't always the issue. It's the reactions it merits (as always with trolling). If people could simply ignore remarks or the traditional "nice m4" jibes it would simply stop happening. The only reason I see people continuing to troll is because they know they can get a rise out of it and derail threads.

Comment

I say: if you got a voice use it. I spose the delusional need to express what they know about special forces.

Why not write a polite letter to Chris Ryan and ask about what type of gear he wore when he was in the SAS, or watch SAS survival secrets. Its got everything on there, and its all surplus kit.

Comment

As this thread still exists :P What are the main Vests used by UKSF? RAV? Whats the cheapest one? As im spending loads on my L119 at the moment, so don't fancy shelling out loads on a Flyye OD RAV

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

Yep RAVs SOHPC AND RMVS. I have a Pantac RAV for sale at the moment.

Comment

PM'd you CK as it is pointless trying to give out info on here reguarding UKSF and their kit.

Comment

[QUOTE=Abbadon101;940296] For all I care you can go and have your balls nailed to a park bench while someone electrocutes your nipples. I

Mate I think I have to sig that

Any offence taken from my posts is likely intended.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NEWT Find out more about NEWT
                  Working...
                  X