• Show
Clear All

Re: BF3 Russian Engineer

Im assuming this one.
    mcu 2p gas mask

Its an American resi originally.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
      Im assuming this one.
      mcu 2p gas mask

Its an American resi originally.
      Indeed. Seems odd that DICE would just slap an American respirator on their Russian units, but hey, I suppose video games arent the best place to fish for authentic loadouts, hence why this thread was moved to the 'fictional loadouts' section

EDIT: It looks f*cken cool though!

Comment

That is awesome!

Comment

The MSU IS based off of the MCU, I just don't know the complete model number. MSU stands for Mine Safety Union, the version I have is essentially the military-grade MCU marketed towards coal mine workers. At least that's what the instruction manual said...I still might have it somewhere.

EDIT:

And just like the fact that Russians or any Eastern countries will never ever be alongside the "good guys" in films or games that I have come to terms with, I have also come to terms with the fact that NATO and Western gear is 100% (or close enough) accurate because people pay more attention when researching them rather than the "bad guys." DICE did a better job than other games (*cough*fuckin' CoD*cough*) but still have a large share of mistakes and made up equipment.

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

The man does excel at kit and load outs Just remember to master the speed reload, like this:

"For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

That is a fantastic gif, it's almost hypnotic in its fail.

If there is one thing EA and dice have been good at lately, its attention to detail.
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Ah, I remember that gif. The one where if you look closely it's just looping the same two movements over and over to make it look like a fail.

I don't suck THAT much at reloads...humph.

(actually, I do :P )

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamarov View Post
                  I just don't know the complete model number. MSU stands for Mine Safety Union, the version I have is essentially the military-grade MCU marketed towards coal mine workers. At least that's what the instruction manual said...I still might have it somewhere.
                  Right... Im fairly sure, after some more googling, that the gas mask in question is an 'MSA Millennium Respirator'. Is this indeed the one you have Kamarov, or is it another clone of the MCU? I ask because if there exists one for a reasonable price, I pay be in the market.

Unfortunately it appears the going-rate for the Millennium Respirator is circa $350

EDIT: Seems to be some good deals on the bay of e, much better than $350 price from big distributors

Comment

I will go find the manual and get back to you guys about it. I've said enough inaccurate stuff by now, sorry 'bout that.

I do know that this mask is for coal mining safety for sure, though, and yes, I got MSA wrong. Was going by memory which is not the best of my traits. :D

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

Looks wicked sick mate.

Quick question, with a probably obvious answer:
                      Does you face melt off during skirmish? and how easily does the lens fog?

Comment

Doesn't fog that much, I can see better than when I'm using mesh. It's truly an awesome mask design.

Face doesn't melt, but it gets hard to breathe sometimes. Still fully skirmishable.

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

That's good to know, my mesh is starting to become a real ball-ache now that were losing light quicker.

Where did you get yours from?

Comment

I spent far too long looking at that.

Also, I believe the company that makes the gas masks is Millenium correct? They sell a decent range of masks but some of them are rather expensive (but I figure you don't need HAZMAT capabilities).

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

HullAL09 Been airsofting a long time. Seen a lot, learnt nothing. Find out more about HullAL09
                            Working...
                            X