Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

idea: The British Rebel Fighter - What would they look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: idea: The British Rebel Fighter - What would they look like?

'Bread and circuses' they called it in Rome

I would suspect the modern equivalent is fast food and reality T.V.
    Originally posted by palmer234
    Swerve talks sense. I like him.
    Originally posted by Robin-Hood
    Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

You can take Politics at A-Level and possibly even GCSE, RE is pointless and only there because the Church would moan if it were removed from the syllabus especially now most of the Academies allowed the Church of England to get their grip on them. Always thought RE should be replaced with a more balanced 'Cultural Studies' which would cover everything from religion to political differences, benefit being the usual suspects who pull their kids out of RE wouldnt have a choice as it would prove how close minded and racist they are.

If there were ever any sort of uprising its likely to be from the poorer areas where they have a permanent chip on their shoulders but a great many dont have the motivation to turn their lives around, too lazy to get a job or try to get a better one so blame the system for keeping them down and complain about the rich and even the not much more better off middle class for daring to make something of themselves.

Anywho, depending on the political motivations of such an event and the desire from the outside world to help the downtrodden; at worst case you will be dealing with guerrilla warfare using improvised weapons, hunting shotguns, black market firearms and the occasional much prized bit of Police or Army kit. At best you have outside help which could mean surplus equipment from the States, so 80s-00's armour carriers and basic M16's. If someone Eastern got involved you would see the usual AK's.

The ideal situation (keeping in the idea of the theme to have some sort of believable story) would be American intervention, as then you have your best odds for resupply and commonality between supplied Military equipment and those captured from Police/Army (5.56 and 9mm). Odds are though any weapons offered will be older as I have read many Sheriff Depts in the States have been buying surplus weapons from the Government and many of those have been VN era M16's.

Comment

If there were ever any sort of uprising its likely to be from the poorer areas where they have a permanent chip on their shoulders but a great many dont have the motivation to turn their lives around, too lazy to get a job or try to get a better one so blame the system for keeping them down and complain about the rich and even the not much more better off middle class for daring to make something of themselves.
        No, its not that they lack the motivation to turn their lives around you ignorant twat, its that they do not have the opportunities that the rich and middle class do. Instead of reading the daily mail, how about you leave your little hole and see what is really going on in the country, instead of making silly statements on an airsoft forum. Yes I said that most lack the POLITICAL motivation to fight in a revolution, but no one wants to be at the bottom of society, its like saying that gazelles want to be eaten by lions. And if you really think that the middle class aren't that better off than the poor, you really are an idiot. Granted not all middle class people are stinking rich, but the majority are better off than the poor. And the shit you wrote about "daring to make something of themselves" is bollocks too, most who are at the bottom will stay at the bottom no matter how daring they are.
        EDUCATE YOURSELF YOU DAMN FOOL.

Comment

Calm down fella I didnt mean to offend... What I said is based on a fair number of people I know personally who are exactly as I described, those who blame everyone but themselves for their lives despite living off the state with benefits and complaining every day about their lot despite avoiding getting a job.

On the other hand I know some great people from families from that bottom end, who came from very little and worked their way up the ladder or started their own own businesses and are now doing very well for themselves through hard luck. Individuals like Alan Sugar are prime examples of those who came from an inner city family with little to their name and now through hard work hes one of the most powerful men in the country.

Re-reading what I said it does sound a little 'tar everyone with the same brush' so I apologise that it came across like a blanket generalization, but there have been more than a few people I have met who do. Most of those who are poor (again that I know personally) and will remain poor are the ones who didnt bother at school, left and got a low paid job and then never moved on. No one wants to be at the bottom of society but for those who didnt bother to help themselves they only have their own choices to blame.

Comment

Appreciate the apology, I am calm now, sorry its just one of my bugbears.

I get your points, but I know that for many it isn't as simple as not bothering at school. There are many and varied reasons why people fail in education, some of which are beyond the control of the individual [poor parental support, caring responsibilities eg unwell/disabled family members, difficult housing situations, even undiagnosed learning difficulties] what may seem like apathy may well be just the attitude of someone who feels defeated?

Alan Sugar is an interesting example, he is Dyslexic so to be commended on his achievements, however, he comes from a generation of people who had the luxury of being able to walk out of one job and an hour later be in another, my grandparents were of that generation and they have told me how it was, it really was an employees market. He also was of a time where there were lots of opportunities to bring innovative products, not so much these days.

The other point Id like to make is that not everyone who is a disaffected/unhappy resident of inner city London is unemployed or feckless, many of us [I]do[I] work and study also.

Your last paragraph sounds like you think it is only the fault of the poor for being poor. Saying they only have their 'own choices' to blame, for some there is actually little choice at all. So its not a matter of 'lacking motivation' or being 'too lazy' but a matter of realistic opportunity presented as choice.

Not sure where you live/are from, but I am born and raised in inner city London and see/know all kinds of people from all kinds of background, very few who are in a bad situation currently are there through 'choice' or fecklessness. Not all who are poor are moaners who do no good either.

I know you have said you refer to people you know personally, but your previous post put it in a much more general way.

Comment

No worries, sorry I hit a cord with you and made you blow up like that.

Its not everyone who are poor who are to blame for their own problems, I should have made it more clear that those statements were meant about some specific cases I know personally and those like them and not a generalisation…similarly its a bug bear for me when those who are at fault for their own lives refuse to accept their own part in it. Being someone who messed up towards the end of his GCSE year due to a lack of motivation to revise I had to pull myself together to get to where I am today. If I hadnt I would like to think I would blame myself, as I do now as it was only me who didnt revise.

As an example, my girlfriend came from an area where her school had a trend to the lower end when it came to exam results but through a good work ethic went to college and then University and now earns in the mid 20's…. she had all the same opportunities as others from the same area yet has never taken benefits and has had a job since she was 16, she came from a low earning family and she built a strong work ethic and desire to do well. Luckily she and her friends have all done well, others have not done so well which are either down to their own attitudes or allowing other influences to guide their actions.

I do actually agree that there are unfortunately some institutions and careers which are close minded, one of my girlfriends relatives trained to be a barrister but realised that the way those professions think its not who you are, what you can do or even who you know; its your postcode which will define you…this sort of attitude will change in time as more people from these areas force their way through, and if they don't its a sad state of affairs for humanity. That relative now runs her own business and is one of the most intelligent people you can meet.

I don't think these are the people you are talking about though.

I think this is now going well off track though, glad we sorted it out

Comment

Originally posted by starburst View Post
                No worries, sorry I hit a cord with you and made you blow up like that.

Its not everyone who are poor who are to blame for their own problems, I should have made it more clear that those statements were meant about some specific cases I know personally and those like them and not a generalisation…similarly its a bug bear for me when those who are at fault for their own lives refuse to accept their own part in it. Being someone who messed up towards the end of his GCSE year due to a lack of motivation to revise I had to pull myself together to get to where I am today. If I hadnt I would like to think I would blame myself, as I do now as it was only me who didnt revise.

As an example, my girlfriend came from an area where her school had a trend to the lower end when it came to exam results but through a good work ethic went to college and then University and now earns in the mid 20's…. she had all the same opportunities as others from the same area yet has never taken benefits and has had a job since she was 16, she came from a low earning family and she built a strong work ethic and desire to do well. Luckily she and her friends have all done well, others have not done so well which are either down to their own attitudes or allowing other influences to guide their actions.

I do actually agree that there are unfortunately some institutions and careers which are close minded, one of my girlfriends relatives trained to be a barrister but realised that the way those professions think its not who you are, what you can do or even who you know; its your postcode which will define you…this sort of attitude will change in time as more people from these areas force their way through, and if they don't its a sad state of affairs for humanity. That relative now runs her own business and is one of the most intelligent people you can meet.

I don't think these are the people you are talking about though.

I think this is now going well off track though, glad we sorted it out
                Yes, we kinda derailed things a bit!

Good to chat though, but best to let this thread get back to the point.

Comment

fishing jacket's are easy to get a hold of and make good light load carrying kit also there are ton's of low budget shop's that make there own combat look clothes the trousers i am wearing in this shot were from peacocks i think, and they are better quality than my UK olive drab serp trousers.
                  i think it would be easy to scrape together some non military combat look stuff from matalan, george's etc if the surplus stuff was hard to get a hold of.
                  hope this helps

Comment

I think face covers would be a plus, at-least in the early days. Britain does have one of the most expansive CCTV networks in the western world so you'd think that most people would try to go for that small protection at the beginning.

Also, this on the news today: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-21651900

This all sounds like great material for a Filmsim Gadge.... So long as it isn't an Elite unit of highly equipped British soldiers against the hoody hoard. As that sounds terribly like a die hard milsimers wet dream.
                    "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Filmsim of this would rule

Comment

may be slightly off topic but could you not look to 'volunteers' in previous conflicts?
                        just i remember seeing a pic of a lad who had gone awol from the british army and went to fight in kosovo or somewhere like that (the exact details of the book fail me right now) i seem to remember him wearing dpm bottoms, issue boots, a black jacket, a mk6 (or similar) helmet in black with green skrim. some sort of czech lbe similar to a more modern chi-com and he carried an ak derivative.
                        also what about conflicts such as angola and other parts of africa where brits could have possibly ventured to either as rebels or guns for hire?.
                        that could be done quite easily, od or dpm(older version for authenticity if required) british 58 webbing or us m56/alice webbing,
                        weapons wise you'd have a good few options( slr, fn fal, older m16's (vn-a2), ak's galore, g3's, dragunovs, pkm's, gpmg's, maybe l96's, browning's, .45's etc)
                        being a rebel/gun for hire means you could pretty much have whatever you want as it would have been purchased privately or taken from benefactors,

just my thoughts as it could be done quite easily and would stand out in the sea of pmc, magpul, sf impersonators
                        Not to worry about breaking the law, as long as you're healthy.- spetsnazdave87

At which point I would mount my ride, which is a donkey called Akbar, and charge off into the enemy, lighting the grenades as I go

Comment

Yes, I agree this would make an amazing game scenario, we would need a large urban site and people to play civvies though. I've done my loadout and I just need to take some pics and find out how to post them on here. Another weapon you could add to the mix is the sten, must be quite a few of them knocking about.

Comment

With this thread in mind, I actually have a plan for the end of the month for a loadout, this thread very much in mind.
                            section 24 of the 1968 Act
                            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I remember a truly awful film of my teenage years "Red Dawn". Insurgents against invading Russians and Cubans - they're releasing an updated remake next week. That should give you some ideas on kit, if nothing else.
                              Any opinions expressed by me may not be mine. I don't have opinions anymore. I have a mortgage and teenagers. I used to be a wild, party animal. Now I buy my trousers at M & S.

Comment

God I remember that film too.

Im just looking at throwing random mix of webbing together and just seeing what I can find clothes wise from my surplus stash.
                                SVD rifle which would be entirely feasible should a civil war/war break out in the UK. Back pack with a spare shooter, ammo, water, food etc. (The only reason Im carrying a spare gat is the SVD has a 30m MED, so want something for moving around with other than a pistol).
                                Basically my idea is to use anything easily available now clothing wise thats sturdy and cheap (surplus gear), with webbing sourced from surplus easily, so 58patt, and any newer PLCE stuff thats around. All of that stuff would very much be readily available should worst come to worst.
                                Also kind of reflecting on ARMA2 DayZ mod as well with the self sustaining idea.
                                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hawaiian Special Forces Find out more about Hawaiian Special Forces
                                Working...
                                X