Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

idea: The British Rebel Fighter - What would they look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: idea: The British Rebel Fighter - What would they look like?

There's a lot of mention of going to a surplus store to get kitted out in the event of an uprising. Problem here is the thinking like an airsofter, you're average joe may not even know where the nearest military surplus store is. Even if they did, I doubt those kind of store would have the quantity to kit out even 1% of the local population.

Much more likely is that Millets, blacks etc gets raided and people end up using a combination of sports, fishing, hiking gear with home made webbing/pouched bandolieers/vests. Britain is after all, a nation of stitchers and knitters. That and using things like Manbag/messenger bags and standard backpack/rucksacks. Atleast initially.

Weapons wise there would be to be lots of Pistols shoved into waist bands of trousers, double barrel shotguns and hunting rifles. With a scattering of liberated MP5's, G36c's, mp7's and Glocks from initial police deployments, and the occasional L85a2 and Hi power's from early marshal law after police containment fails.

Also I doubt the word Gat would be used :p

Inspiration for other types of kit further on into the conflict: http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2...rebels/100461/
    Last edited by Another; 8 March, 2013, 12:00.
    "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

spot on, without a fleshed out back story to alter things in certain directions, this is just about what I would expect
      Originally posted by palmer234
      Swerve talks sense. I like him.
      Originally posted by Robin-Hood
      Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

You do strike a point, it is dependant on where you go though.
        Nearly everyone knows where the surplus stores are in Plymouth. One of them survived WW2 and is somewhat quite famous.
        I will add though, if it did kick off, I reckon most surplus would be used to dress the recall forces.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Good points, but I never go a day without seeing 10-20 people wearing camo jackets, they're really not hard to come by, surplus stores are not the only places they sell them.
          I'll take some pics today of what my impressions are for the different stages of revolution and try and get them posted by tomorrow.

Comment

it's easy to confuse availablity with necessity

Instead of asking what people would wear, ask why and then you might get a better set of loadouts

Comment

I'm swaying away from camo full stop.
              The thinking is, it would put you at higher risk of being shot by friendlies but also won't fool the OP force.
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

im thinking built up city i would stay civilian different shades of grey hard wearing boots a satchel for mags and improvised explosives in the country id be aiming to stay concealed as dodgy looking if your in the middle of nowhere so would employ hit and run tactics so a ghillie and long range hunting rifle
                After cheap project guns and various bits of kit

Comment

I'm sorted, viva la revolucion!

Comment

First clashes.
                    http://s1305.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=3
                    Organised insurgency
                    http://s1305.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=2
                    Slightly more militarised.
                    http://s1305.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=1
                    Civil war, i.e members of the military have defected bringing equipment with them. Red scarf is for identification.
                    http://s1305.beta.photobucket.com/us...tml?sort=3&o=0
                    Last edited by killacommy; 8 March, 2013, 17:46.

Comment

That's actually not bad!

eyes are burning from the two tone sten though. It cannot now be unseen

Comment

I'm getting mine together, even have my own back story floating around in my nappa as well.

Comment

Right, bare with me on this. I think for something like this loadout, you need a back story to explain why it is the way it is etc. Back stories can be different with different reasons, outcomes etc.
                          My fantasy writing is a little lacking these days but I'll give it a go. Try and read this as a history lesson/diary/narration.

Date: Late winter 2019.

Back in 2011/2012, the global economy took a big hit. A double dip recession hit the UK with a huge crunch. The Government thought they were doing the right thing. They weren't. In fact they were making it worse.
                          2014, the economy collapsed completely, the UK became a third world country, we received no support from our apparent allies, the Government and rich moguls became targets.
                          Terrorist groups sprang up with wild abandon.

One such group was ran by a man who called himself Marcus, if you weren't with Marcus you were against him.

In late 2014, the houses of parliament, Buckingham Palace and many other leadership constituency buildings were destroyed in attacks, the fallout from this was the government all but collapsed. The military stepped up and took control. Before the end of the year, the UK was now under full military control.
                          With this, many killings happened as the military swept through cities weeding out the 'terrorist' cells.
                          Hundreds of thousands died, some for their past crimes, many for just being there.

Prices of ordinary goods starting to rise exponentially, jobs were few and far between, the military had taken it all. The middle classes became the poor, the poor became even worse. Strangely though, many of the rich that survived the initial uprising became richer.

Marcus saw this and realised that we were rapidly turning into a militarized zone, a totalitarian rule where brutality and fear was a daily occurance. He used this to his advantage, he started a freedom front.
                          With this freedom front, thousands joined the cause, they joined to fight for what was rightfully theirs. Freedom of choice, the right to survive. The right to exist.

The first major action took place in 2015 just as the leaves on the trees grew back.
                          Bristol was hit by massive riots. In the confusion a military outpost was destroyed, killing hundreds. The assailants had used old military surplus to remain hidden and fool the garrison guards.
                          With the attack, the military introduced new rules and laws, many punishable by on the spot death.
                          One such law was use of military surplus or any clothing with camouflage patterns was banned, anyone non military seen in those items would be shot on the spot.

Many major cities were taken over by the military and walled, the country was now just a series of fortresses.

in 2017 we went back to Bristol, it took us 9 moon rises to rid Bristol of the military. We succeeded and made it our own.
                          Districts of Bristol were walled and we defended each district like castles and forts of old. We also had access to the docks, from there we sent envoys out to other countries to find assistance from anyone willing to listen or more so be paid in one way or another.
                          We struck deals with the Russians for weapons, German arms dealers, French, Italian and the Spanish.

The military after some time did retaliate.
                          Sometime in late 2017 possibly early 2018, Bristol took a beating and scattered many of us to where ever we could be safe for a night.

We have been on the move since, dodging patrols, doing damage where we can but we are always always moving.
                          We carry what we need.

Comment

Will this become a regular feature, possibly with some erotica in their somewhere?

Comment

Nice useful input!

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                                Nice useful input!
                                Dont like banter I take it then.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hawaiian Special Forces Find out more about Hawaiian Special Forces
                                Working...
                                X