Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

idea: The British Rebel Fighter - What would they look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: idea: The British Rebel Fighter - What would they look like?

I think Falling Skies is an excellent example of what it could look like!
    Fire Team Zulu
    Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
    http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

i may have to steal your idea a little and go for somthing like what gerard butler wears in reign of fire or well any one of the 'survivors' in the castle for that matter

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Reign_of_Fire

all the fighters seem to use either rifles or old war weaponry along with dirty civies so it appears quit easily done.

Comment

Love this idea, everyone's come up with good ideas so far, should do a game day where everyone turns up in their work uniform, as that would give a good idea of the opening phase of a rebellion, weapon wise I see bolt action rifles, sawn off shotties and handguns, nothing too outrageous....

Comment

Originally posted by Nickona View Post
          I think Falling Skies is an excellent example of what it could look like!
          That is a particularly awesome series, and one that's very underrated!

Comment

I think you guys are over thinking the concept. The IRA used basic military style with balaclavas. I think if you were to be a "British" rebel then this is as close as you can get.

IRA.jpg

IRAMembers2.jpg

IRA-gunmen-1938126.jpg

art-37933718-1-420x0.jpg

The choice of weapon seems to be AK variant and the choice of clothing seems to stem to the OD style with Jeans / combat pants, but the main thing is the black balaclava.

Hope this helps... if this has been repeated then i apologise i haven't read through all the commitment from everyone in this thread. Its a LOT of reading haha

Comment

There's a lot of useful source material from all the awful rioting and protesting going on in the Ukraine right now. Lots of protesters wearing civilian gear mixed with old army surplus and extreme sports (helmets etc) gear.

Bag wrapped around the guy on the right's bat is a 50s/60s Soviet Gas mask bag, very popular with lots of the rioters as they must have loads of old surplus ones.

Strange one, he seems to be wearing a british police helmet!

Sorry about the picture dump, just thought it might be quite interesting for people thinking about a protester/ rebel loadout.

Comment

my loadouts almost done, consits of DPM trousers, a random t-shirt, DPM coat, dickies work boits(complete with paint scuffed toes) s10 gas mask (i'm using this for cqb hence the mask) mad max sawn off shotty, G36c without stock and a laser taped on, 1911 in one of the coat pockets or if i can get it fixed up and downgraded, my wingun revolver.

still contemplating a hat/helm and may swap out the DPM coat for a civie one if i can find pne with big eniugh pockets.

P.S. sorry mods for reviving the thread

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Not really sure where a civi would get a G36 to be honest but I suppose it's not impossible? Military grade weapons would be incredibly hard to come by though.
                  Not that anyone expects you to play with a snooker ball in a woolly sock.

Thinking about rebels and insurgency in the UK, cast your minds back to The Troubles in NI.
                  The IRA were armed with civilian hunting weapons, shotguns, various explosives, and the odd and old mil-surp rifles. They had two main export points in the US and Libya, so the occasional local flavour would get through as well.
                  A lot of them weren't even real and a lot of deactivated ones were used in misleading photo ops.

I remember the explosives launcher that used a packet of digestives as a back plate and the mercury triggered door handles connected to bleach and fertiliser.

If I were doing this look I'd use a WW2 SMLE or a similar (and available) alternative, 3-4 of those old-school BF alarm mines and tent peg combos to set up tripwires, plus a battered Hi-Power.

For clothes I'd wear a sexy Sunday dressing gown with nothing underneath. I'd smoke heavily, complain about the weather, and mark my kills by attaching used tea bags to a piece of string.
                  I'd blend in at the supermarkets by wearing my dirty nightwear, before blowing up the crisp aisle and threatening the customer service staff with a rubber cock I bought at Ann Summers.
                  As for names I'd pick Timmy Two Bollocks, on the count of my dressing gown.
                  Last edited by RiflemanLizard; 23 March, 2014, 12:15.

Comment

armed police use HK G36c's modified to single shot only, plus i already had a G36c otherwise i'd be looking at a mp40 or a stg44, maybe even grease gun.

and as much as i like the dressing gown idea, you cant smoke indoors

Comment

No sure why someone would take the stock off their rifle.. If someone had managed to get a G36 off a downed SO19 guy they aren't going to start shopping it up.
                      As for Mp40, STG44 and M3 those would be even harder to get in working condition in the UK

Your best bets are:
                      Hunting rifle
                      Shotgun (full length)
                      No. 4 - SMLE
                      SLR

For later periods:
                      SA80
                      G36
                      MP5

Although weapons would largely depend on how/why the rebelling would come about. Eg, if it was Chinese supported you'd see a lot of Type 56s etc
                      Fire Team Zulu

Comment

what about an sa80!!
                        boobies make me smile

Comment

Not sure what you mean but in the context of the thread... for later period of a rebellion it is perfectly likely the Army will be used as things get nastier eg NI and as such it may be possible for rebels to capture the Army's rifle, again eg NI
                          Fire Team Zulu

Comment

I'd Google for news articles about those diy muppets who get raided by police for reactivating deacts and see which ones are the most common. Derringer pistols are apparently easy to do but of course you want a rifle. SMLE is probably a good one though - if deactivated in the 50's or 60's it would probably be easier to react. That's my suggestion.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2007/d...ukcrime.ukguns - uzi and AK mentioned

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/late...ethal-new-life - Uzi, L85 Remington Shotty and Smith and Wesson revolver mentioned

From my search deact Uzi's seem to be linked to lots of shootings.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Anything deactivated pre 1995 appears to have a bolt welded through the barrel and is apparently a reasonably easy fix if you have the machine tools and cost less than a grand.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

its for cqb so i took the stock off,
                                as for the ww2 weapons the idea behind that would be that they are souviners from the war that were cleaned and made usable at somepoint.

also maybe when i picked up the g36 the stock was brocken off so i completly removed to mave it more comfortable?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hawaiian Special Forces Find out more about Hawaiian Special Forces
                                Working...
                                X