Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

idea: The British Rebel Fighter - What would they look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: idea: The British Rebel Fighter - What would they look like?

As said before the back story will come into it a lot with regards to what black market weapons there'd be,
    The IRA were sponsored by Libya and so had some Libyan weapons, like AKs etc

The 1910's/20's IRA were sponsored by Germany and so tried to get shipments of Kar rifles and Maxim machine guns over
    Fire Team Zulu
    Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
    http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

personaly i'd stay away from the black market idea otherwise i feel it'd be less...british....does that make sense....like in america you can get anything , but here the limitations of firearms i think would define the "british" rebel.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that at one of Gunman's sites (can't remember the name old pot farm?) that they had airsoft safe "molotovs"?

Definitely something more suited to a gsme with a fair amount of roleplay and dare I say it LARP safe weapons.
        "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
        Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

Just stumbled across this, it's been something I've been thinking about for a very long time now, to the extent where I became friends with a guy almost because of it. We did a small photoshoot a while ago based on this sort of thing, and I thought you might like to see them.

For reference, I'm the one in the black jacket:

It was based very much on the idea of, whatever is useful. The only things I have on that I didn't wear in every day use was the ChiComm rig. The shemagh was intended for use as a scarf/face covering, and we put it together with a mind towards doing what Iraqi/Afghan insurgents have been noted as doing, ie. drop the weapon and chest rig/belt order and you're an instant civilian.

If I were to throw something together today, it would depend mainly on the backstory, but the unifying factor would be simplicity/usefulness. So whilst I would possibly use camo trousers, it wouldn't be tacticool Crye Gen3 trousers, it would be something like a cheap faded pair of DPM S95s or US woodlands, a battered pair of boots, either some PLCE, a looted Osprey, and some appropriate pouches, carrying just ammunition, water and grenades. Add to that a fleece/hoodie, and either a shemagh or a balaclava...and then just roll around in a gravel car park for a half hour or so.

Weapons would, again, depend on the backstory, but generally, to fit the look, would be a mix of old AKMs, M16A1/2 and L85A2s, with a smattering of G36s (I personally believe there would be more SA80s than G36s, since the SA80 has been in service longer, is standard issue and there would therefore be more of them in bases all over the country than a weapon system only used by certain police forces). Anything more exotic just plain wouldn't look right, even if it is plausible. Older weapons like Thompsons (the ol' IRA connection), Lee Enfields and Grease Guns could work too, but when you're going up against a modern army, bolt-actions and SMGs will only be a stop-gap measure at best, and you'd need assault weapon to stand any real chance, and, frankly, if you had to choose which weapon system to use in a situation like a rebellion, semi-apocalypse or insurgency, you're going to go with the one most easily maintained with a bare minimum of infrastructure, which would lean you towards proven systems like the AK and older Armalites, as well as the SA80 (it's been around long enough for there to be a hell of a lot of people familiar with their use/maintenance in civilian life, plus the infrastructure to maintain them is already here, as opposed to having to rely on an imported system). Plus, the AK is THE symbol of rebellion :P hence why we both have them in the above pics.

TL; DR, keep it simple, make sure it looks like you're a rebel, and don't force a justification of a weapon system just so you can use it.

Comment

sigpic

AK47 Custom Operator Weapon / Sig Sauer P228 9mm

Comment

Is that a suppressed mp40??

Comment

Yup. QD Silencer FTW, although I'm getting BB's hit the lip of the silencer, so either the barrel and hop and knackered (complete gearbox upgrade parts ordered and en route!) or the silencer is too heavy. I suspect the first as the silencer is a lightweight aluminium one.
                sigpic

Comment

Awsome!

Comment

Your all missing a trick here. The main weapons would probably end up being the Lute style msgs. Easy to build with basic tools simple plans open bolt and reliable so in airsoft terms mac11 mac11 scorpions and the tube guns really though if I get a cheap Mp5 gb I am tempted to build a luty body.

The others would be the slam fire one shots maglight shotguns and other home made nasties.

I do like the idea of booby traps and other o ditties as well.

Comment

Lute style msgs?? What are they??

Comment

Missing a trick? Sounds like someone's taking this a bit too seriously ....You do know that this is all pretend don't you

(P.S. No offense was intended in this post ... if sarcasm could be conveyed in plain text, this post would be dripping with it! If you're offended anyway ...... meh)
                        sigpic

Comment

Don't know about you guys but I'd be wearing all my usual AS kit . Maybe some armor iif I could get it or make some . And a double barrel shotgun till I managed to find something better .

Comment

Also I would have my s10 a gas mask would be useful .

Comment

[http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...wantdowant.jpg
                              From an airsoft point of view they would be really easy to make cheaply unlike allot of custom gun builds. Cheap gearbox in a thin steel cut body shell using an m4 hop and one of the 9mm mag well adapters would get you an effective and fairly brutal evil looking weapon.

As for the missing a trick hellfish 1. I am.a writer so.making things plausible make sense and work is one of those things I do out of habit. So things likepg characters get about a page of detailed thought out background because making things work.is something important to me. It's also why I think.my current rpg gm is a cocksucker because he has forced all players to use the random roll tables for height weight age distinguishing feature and name which means you can't build something that feels real and feels believable and aids immersion.

And 2. I read allot of the gun blogs and stuff and have seen a fair few of the designs being waved around by triumphant looking coppers.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

Comment

I've just started out and while being casually dressed for my first game I got to thinking about load outs and was thinking along the lines of this theme.

I own two GBBR's, both by WE. A Scar-L in tan and a PDW that's a tan upper and black lower. Also running with a P226, which is going to be joined by a G17/19 and the cybergun FNX in 2016.

I've been looking through various vests, pouches, belts, chest rigs and the likes for inspiration and have decided on a Condor Sentry plate carrier with the Condor kangaroo pouches. I'll mostly be in an unmarked t shirt with possibly a long sleeved tshirt underneath if it's really cold, a pair of jeans or grey combat type trousers, decent footwear (likely some discrete timberlands) and some form of neckerchief or scarf (because it's not fun being shot in the neck)
                                Possibly investing in a bland baseball cap, but having a large head most look peculiar on me so may stick to a beanie.
                                Eye pro is Bolle glasses and to save my awful teeth I'll be grabbing a lower face guard.

Generally this won't change much, and while the possibilities of my alter ego obtaining new weaponry are quite open I will give everything thought and try to stick to this "story". Only ever likely to play the mall on Thursday nights due to family commitments so I think this will suit my needs perfectly.

Thanks to everyone that's contributed to this thread; some very valid points and suggestions have been raised!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hawaiian Special Forces Find out more about Hawaiian Special Forces
                                Working...
                                X