Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

idea: The British Rebel Fighter - What would they look like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: idea: The British Rebel Fighter - What would they look like?

Originally posted by LukeCDC View Post
    also maybe when i picked up the g36 the stock was brocken off so i completly removed to mave it more comfortable?
    Kinda realistic then

Maybe wrap the back in sniper tape to make it look a bit bodged or tatty, its feasible that smashing a lock or someone's face in (in the guns imaginary back story) may have damaged the stock so sure that sounds reasonable.

Might look cool to bodge a stock on it tho, maybe bend some heavy wire like a M1 carbine folding stock and tape it on? I know its for CQB but might add to the look. I really like the idea of the load out tho, its a bit post apocalyptic realistic for weapons you would get in the UK.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

I get you with the WWII weapons, I have only heard one case of someone finding working WWII weapons, although the chances of finding them are very slim as they'd likely have been deactivated or handed in. Though I wouldn't mind betting there are a fair few Stens or Sterlings kicking about which wouldn't be too hard to fix/reactivate

Isn't the G36 a folding stock? I think you're going a bit far with the stocking being broken etc, I always say if you're going to do a loadout, try not to do exceptions.. something pretty bad must have happened to break the stock on a rifle possibly compromising its functionality, but also remember if you're basing your loadout of a real life thing, guns have recoil.. hence why you wouldn't take the stock off.
      Remember its not whats practical for you airsofting, its whats practical for your character and a stockless G36 is certainly not compared to one with one, or even a fixed one

These are some good sources for loaoduts:
      http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Day_of_the...ds_(2009),_The
      http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/28_Days_Later...
      http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Patriot_Games
      http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Fifty_Dead_Men_Walking
      Fire Team Zulu
      Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
      http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

being a semi automatic weapon i dont think recoil would matter as much as if it was full auto

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

it would if you want to shoot accurately :D
          Fire Team Zulu

Comment

potato potato....it sounds better when said, in that case i wil be the man running toward the soldiers shooting like a stormtrooper

Comment

There are a few legal 1911s in the UK. Chambered in .455 for the RAF in WWII. Very rare though. Some 9mm Lugers too. Equally rare.

For police/mil you have the usual HKs, L85s, Glocks e.t.c. Some forces have Augs, USPs. BTP have some nice LMT ARs.

If you open up to the black market, AKs, Micro Uzis and M11/10 variants are popular.

Comment

if were gonna be realy REALY realistic then it will be any blunt object, chains, Knives and brass knuckles, going by the footbball matches of old,

but back on topic i was trying to think of what firearms your average brit can get there hands on now? (and that is excluding service personel and cop killing) and taking shotguns and hunting rifles as agiven my first thought is hand guns that slipped through the amnesty and ww2 firearms (mostly foreign)

Comment

You've always got black powder pistols. Easy to get legally, noisy and slow to reload but better than bad language if you're in a pinch.

Comment

KTW flintlocks anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by PureSilver View Post
                      Indeed. If I ever see anyone airsofting as cowboys vs. Indians, or as either side of the Boer war, I shall let you know. In fact, if anyone ever starts making an airsoft Martini-Henry, you let me know.

Here's why what you're saying is a non-argument: there is no airsoft set in the periods you're describing.
                      YET

Fictional British insurrection against the nasty forces of Government and Empire? Gibraltar Uprising, Malta. Anywhere where Gunboat Diplomacy would have been be attempted :P (or Channel Islands?, The Sack of Sark) the Highly Dishonourable East India Company in New Zealand?
                      lots of room for Ferocious Fictional Fun and Fracas
                      Bear in Mind also that the Firearms licensing etc was brought in by a government in fear of revolt (as had happened in Russia) as the remaining and returning ex-troops were better armed than the police,( London at the end of the 19th century was a hotbed of violence and gun crime, was likened even to Dodge City.) Now there was a British Rebel opportunity

And I too , would really love a Martini Henry, or , the Lee Metford, or Webley Service revolver, or Broomhandle Mauser oh and ofc a Maxim 8)
                      Or a French LeMat, Henry Rifle, Spencer Carbine. Sharps Berdan, Pre Accles Feed Gatling !!!
                      sigpic.
                      Never underestimate the power of human stupidity......................................... ..
                      Especially mine.

Comment

In terms of what weapons you could feasibly have for a British uprising/post-apocalyptic loadout or game, the beauty is that you can get away with a fair amount. Obviously you can't really have people running around with things like Masada's or Pulse rifles, but a lot of guns could be justified at least in small numbers.

From people in more rural areas with hunting rifles and shotguns, a few thefts from dead SO19s, any army units mobilised and perhaps even raiding of barracks (depending how serious a rebellion we're going for here) brings in things like G36s, Glocks, MP5s and most Army weapons (within reason, perhaps not L119A1s :P ), and if you start bringing in things like black market NI weapons and the like you could even get away with the odd AK or whatever here and there. Then as said above, older WWII-era stuff could work it's way in here and there under the story of re-activated collectors items.

What's great about this loadout is that pretty much anyone can do it with a bit of creativity, just find whatever battered/practical clothes you have in your wardbrobe, put something over your face to 'protect your identity' (also making handy face protection), and get some dirt and gaffa tape on your gun to make it look like you've been hauling it around day and night to keep yourself alive! Any chance of this being made into a full game anytime soon (if it hasn't already)? :P
                        - Thunder Ducks -
                        Rifles: TM G36k, G&P M4A1 Masterkey, AGM XM8 (For Sale)
                        Pistols: KJW M9 Full Metal (For Sale), TM Desert Eagle

Comment

That's it! I'm making the "E.R.A"
                          English Royalist Anarchists!
                          image.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by PyroPez View Post
                            English Royalist Anarchists!
                            So many contradictions in that it hurts :p
                            Fire Team Zulu

Comment

That's the joy of it, people will handicap themselves trying to work it out

Comment

Originally posted by Isolate View Post
                                and if you start bringing in things like black market NI weapons and the like you could even get away with the odd AK or whatever here and there.
                                Then things can get silly. They never recovered the .50 cal out there did they?
                                "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                                Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hawaiian Special Forces Find out more about Hawaiian Special Forces
                                Working...
                                X