Generation Kill Loadout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Generation Kill Loadout

Ok well the scope is looking more and more like a lost cause until I can save for some Gen 2, so how about this vest, does anyone know for certain which one it is or can provide a link?

Alex
    WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

buy digital nightvision it is the best thing available in the uk it it is far better than gen 1+ and the illuminators it can use can only be picked up by gen 3 thin film as it is so high up the wave length. it looks like what you see in the first modern warfare from the ac130. my mate used it on a VSR at cope hill and it was epic.

Comment

sorry to be tad off topic here but is that eric nortman from true blood?
        also thanks for the tips in here i may just use some if i end up getting an m4.

Comment

Yes it is Eric Nortman from True Blood
          WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

If you want to run around in an NBC suit, good luck to you, you will sweat your nuts off and itch like crazy. They are not nice. Charcoal lined suit you will be covered in black crap too!
            sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

You'd be better off money wise going with the rifle setup Brad uses in the start of episode 1..

M4 with 203, PEQ 4, and Acog.. he also uses a helmet mounted PVS-14... which you can get loads of fake replicas for the looks...
              Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

Just do a "pre deployment" set up in marpat and with an acog and you will be set

Comment

The helmet they wear is not a PASGT it is a lightweight helmet, which are very hard to find in the size you need. I saw one on ebay for $92 but was for XL size heads.

Comment

Only Rudy Reyes wears a LWH (He may had got one back in 2005 when he left the corps, or decided to pick one up from a surplus store? Don't know?) , all the others wear Replica PASGTs in the series, you can tell, by looking at those mighty uncomfotable chinstraps that give you spots in the masses. The Marines swapped the PASGT for the LWH in about 2005, so this isn't really that accurate, but it is a helluva lot better. They have PASGT type Night vision mounts, most of them (Including Brad) have the Strap that goes around to the back of the helmet which meant you don't have to drill through it and install the mount. I tend to buy any replica gear off a company called Airsoft-club.com, they are REALLY Cheap but they tend to catch you on the shipping, but all in all they are pretty reasonable... They have about 6 eGay accounts that they sell on, but they have their own website. To the UK, it takes about a week or so, maybe 2, but their service is good and so are their products. You can get all the NV replica mounts here.

The MOPP (Mission Oriented Protective Posture, this isn't really what the suits are called but it is what the Marines nickname them as, MOPP is the "standard" of protection, not the actual suit. They are officially designated: Nuclear Biological Chemical, or NBC suits) are mighty uncomfortable and are more akin to a gimp suit than military clothing, however, when they are nessecary, they are to be worn to stop your skin melting off. But I wouldn't bother with them. It was at about this time the United States Marine Corps started to issue MARPAT, it was only really issued in the form of helmet covers to most of the troops but to some (Like Force Recon) they had trialed the MARPAT Blouses and Pants, so that is the reason you see Brad Colbert in Desert MARPAT.

But either way, I'm interested in acquiring a similar loadout, but it's the NV scope that is dragging me away. Good luck anyways...

/Josh

This Tea is shite... Needs more Bag.

- Myself

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TB-Stalker Running a small upgrade service for people looking to build themselves a DMR. Find out more about TB-Stalker
                    Working...
                    X