lets talk germans, of the WW2 variety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: lets talk germans, of the WW2 variety

This subject really interests me i love the german ww2 uniform it is simply awsome looking and looks very proffessional in my eyes ( it was designed by hugo boss ) ( i cant spell :P ). I think SS totenkoff devision uniforms might be getting a little to close to the barrier if you get me ? but the regular infantry uniforms are so awsome

Comment

I for one would be really interested in a review, I'm tempted to try out some WW2 airsoft.

The only thing that was putting me off was the clothing side of things, I enjoy getting a "look" which I like and I think looks the part. However I'm not too keen on the uniforms of that period, no to skirmish in anyway.
      But after watching Inglorious Basterds for the millionth time I think i might try a loudout out based on Pitt and his cronies.

I know it's not 100% accurate but it's a laugh and that's what airsoft's supposed to be too! =D
      sigpic

Comment

well i had me first skirmish in the ww2 kit yesterday, and it was very comfortable to use and didn't hinder me in any way.

i used the mp40 that morning, believing it to be the same as the new gen 3 rpk, shooting under 328fps, it was actually shooting 337fps average, so didn't use it that afternoon, its being downgraded this week.

Boris
        K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

That loadout looks good boris. Could you send me a PM with were you got your belt. I believe thats an officers belt and I want that type for the same reason as yourself. Just need the belt as I will only be having a water bottle and PPsh pouch on my belt.

Comment

ok, the MP-40 review is up and done.

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...466#post444466

Boris

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
              I did some research and thought that actually the storm trooper field gear looks pretty good. You just have to look past the Black dress uniform we all associate with that era and look to the tunics. It is good looking camo.

The Storm Troopers were not actually the SS. They were the Sturmabteilung (translated as Storm Troopers) and were not a part of the German Military. :P
              Sorry to be a bit of a history Nazi (no puns intended) I just hate to see common misconceptions about the place.

Comment

lol,

jesus this is an old thread, suppose an update is due.

this have the same kit, i'm looking for a holster or something to fit the Kampt pistole into, and i've bought a C96 mauzer with 2 small/flush mags and i'm planning at the end of the month to get a leather holster from china, not german as they're rare and expensive, but its leather and will do as my side arm as i love the pistol.

boris

Comment

Mate of mone got a WW2 Russian Flare pistol holdter, fits the Kampt pistol nicely. Dunno where he got it, if I find out I'll let you know.
                  Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
                  you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
                  eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost MacRoth View Post
                    Mate of mone got a WW2 Russian Flare pistol holdter, fits the Kampt pistol nicely. Dunno where he got it, if I find out I'll let you know.

cheers man, that would be cool.

Boris

Comment

IMA in the states do a repro holster for the kampf pistol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I've bought stuff from them before and they give very good service.
                      Last edited by Caveira; 20 February, 2011, 17:49. Reason: Retailer. They sell airsoft guns!
                      Check out my iTrader feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=101346

Comment

Not a bad price either!

Comment

helmet cover is plain tree patern
                          Phil

Paypal Registerd

Comment

got a bit of spare cash coming my way, and a K98 WOOP WOOP!

getting K98 mag pouches, or atleast i'm thinking of getting some, they need to fit VRS mags, and i've read they are quite tight, so i'm playing with the idea of K43 pouches... any advice...

and i'm finally getting my entrenchment tool and helmet + cover. i don't really use the pea dot as much as its hot to wear, so i cut the trouser pockets outta a pair of british light weights and it looks pretty decent as german tropical trousers (i know its not 1 to 1 perfect, but this is a kit for airsoft skirmish first, that looks pretty right)

i'm also looking at getting the P38, maruzen make it, its all plastic contruction, but i've read only good reviews of it. plus holsters are ready available.

and if any one can direct me to a good place to get a repro gas mask canister, the originals are expensive and look f#cked, and the only other ones i can find are from the 50's i think, and look wrong.

Boris

Comment

Epic Militaria do one for 60 quid, they are a good mob. Spearhead also do one for 30 quid, not as good a repro, but as you say, it's for 'softing, not re-enactment.

Comment

precisely.

SOF have then too, but they are expensive, i'll have a look into epic.

cheers.

Boris

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kommissarboris Find out more about kommissarboris
                                Working...
                                X