SS Officer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SS Officer?

Walking around in public and wearing it at a skirmish are 2 different things.Im not arguing its a discussion

To many people are ignorant to what a swastika is

Do you know how many religious groups use it and what it represents?

And would you walk up to a Hindu with a swastika tattoo and call him a fascist?

People get offended at everything these days and its worst when they get offended for other people.

Also i love the German loadouts, they have a lot of style

Comment

My opinion, if it is a Nazi loadout, and you are going for a recreation of the original attire worn during WW2, then not wearing the Swastika is as inaccurate as a Pink Tutu... if you are going to be picky that is...
      King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
      https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
      www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Oh well, that stayed nice for much longer than I expected; these threads always go downhill at some point!

Let the rants begin..................
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
          My opinion, if it is a Nazi loadout, and you are going for a recreation of the original attire worn during WW2, then not wearing the Swastika is as inaccurate as a Pink Tutu... if you are going to be picky that is...
          Nazi loadouts with Swastikas would be acceptable at WWII re-enactments, but I personally feel that if you wore a Swastika to a normal skirmish then it could lead to offence being caused.

Comment

You won't find anyone of sound mind playing Allgemeine SS, SA, etc at an airsoft game. Within the WW2 airsoft community, the first rule is "don't be a c*ck". Playing as these guys would breach that rule absolutely.

All of the German uniforms feature the swastika somewhere, but most of them aren't very overt.

Comment

Originally posted by cool-breeze87 View Post
              Nazi loadouts with Swastikas would be acceptable at WWII re-enactments, but I personally feel that if you wore a Swastika to a normal skirmish then it could lead to offence being caused.
              Most likely, no matter what you do you will always stand on somebodys toes...

To the OP, where did the BBC get the kit from?
              King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
              https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
              www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
                Most likely, no matter what you do you will always stand on somebodys toes...

To the OP, where did the BBC get the kit from?
                Hitler.......

Comment

i agree if you just turned up with the armband on, then yes it could be deemed offensive, but if your wearing a full properly researched correct uniform then no one should get offended by it, propbly because most ww2 reenactors/airsofters dont dress as political officers, they dress as teh soldiers or frontline officers, the only swastikas would be on the brest/arm eagle patch and cap badge or combat awards, where itll be too small to even see unless you march up to them and stare at them.

if your goin for a drink in town, then yes id leave the swastikas at home, to save yourself headache. but at a skirmish? i see no reason too, your essentaly reenacting just like the guy dress up like a usmc chap, were all dressing up to play soldiers at the weekend, so its only right that we should try to get our gear correct or how we like it, and dressing as ww2 landser and leaving insigna off because some might get offened, you might aswell just go out in dpm.

and im sure if your dressed up to the nines and some one gets uppity at you, im sure most guys will gladly give them 10 or mins for that guy to explain why hes offened and for himself to explain his choice to dress like that. if however you both start slinging mud at each other then neither of you should be out in public never mind playing with rifs

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
                    Walking around in public and wearing it at a skirmish are 2 different things.Im not arguing its a discussion

To many people are ignorant to what a swastika is

Do you know how many religious groups use it and what it represents?

And would you walk up to a Hindu with a swastika tattoo and call him a fascist?

People get offended at everything these days and its worst when they get offended for other people.

Also i love the German loadouts, they have a lot of style
                    Most people probably think ze germans invented it not realising it was a part of Hinduism and has been around since about 4000bc.

Comment

Originally posted by V.A.K View Post
                      Most people probably think ze germans invented it not realising it was a part of Hinduism and has been around since about 4000bc.

That is true, but by the same means, many religions have worshiped the phallus, but if you walk into town with your knob out some one is bound to be offended.

Comment

Originally posted by Double 0 Jedi View Post
                        That is true, but by the same means, many religions have worshiped the phallus, but if you walk into town with your knob out some one is bound to be offended.
                        also bearing in mind the hindu version is in the opposite direction, but I do get you it is something that can cause offence however It must have been just as offensive to have a symbol of your faith twisted and turned into something sinister?

Comment

Nobody gets offended by the Hammer & Sickle... Stalin killed far more people than Hitler. Strange planet we live in.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                            Nobody gets offended by the Hammer & Sickle... Stalin killed far more people than Hitler. Strange planet we live in.
                            agreed although I'm not 100% sure on this but didn't stalin kill his opposition and people he thought were trying to overthrow him not go on an ethnic cleansing campaign?

Comment

Originally posted by V.A.K View Post
                              agreed although I'm not 100% sure on this but didn't stalin kill his opposition and people he thought were trying to overthrow him not go on an ethnic cleansing campaign?
                              That and the Russian's who sympathised with the Nazis during WWII.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                                Thats because most of the time they are not actually offended themselves, they simply feel they should be offended because they feel other people will judge them if they are not.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dellusional_Maniac Find out more about Dellusional_Maniac
                                Working...
                                X