SS Officer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SS Officer?

What a surprise, a conversation about nazi uniforms turned into a bawwwwfest.

I see no problem with it and the odds of a holocaust survivor playing airsoft are pretty slim. I hate people who get offended for other people. Are you going to write in and complain to the creators of Band of Brothers or Saving Private Ryan or something similar for showing swastikas? Its just a symbol, get over yourselves. Go back to reading the Daily Mail.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
      What a surprise, a conversation about nazi uniforms turned into a bawwwwfest.

I see no problem with it and the odds of a holocaust survivor playing airsoft are pretty slim. I hate people who get offended for other people. Are you going to write in and complain to the creators of Band of Brothers or Saving Private Ryan or something similar for showing swastikas? Its just a symbol, get over yourselves. Go back to reading the Daily Mail.
      Not sure who your directing this post at.

Comment

Dress for no man but yourself, its your money, your enjoyment! Dont let anyone else spoil it for you. If these things were 'really that offensive' they would'nt be available to buy in the 1st place. So long as the swastika isnt tattooed on you, who cares? Hell..we have politicians getting their arses spanked wearing Nazi uniforms at the weekends! if it bugs anyone that much take pleasure in the fact you can shoot these people with bbs! But leave politics out of it. Im sure a lot of us enjoy the fact that when we're playing airsoft we're away from all the dross & stresses & strains of life for a few hours having a right good laugh...

...So dont let charge of 'PC Brigade' ruin it.
        Rustys Rigs & Old School SAS/SBS Airsoft on Facebook & Old School SAS Airsoft on Instagram

Comment

Bloody hell I had no idea this thread would spark so much convo!
          In reply to an above poster,i've no idea where the BBC got the costume,but they had a good few of them!
          As for the swastika's,someone's gonna get offended no matter what,at the site down here we had someone marching up and down the corridors goosestepping with a K98 and a Luger in full grey nazi uniform,i'm told it was absolutely hysterical,but if you're looking at it in a serious light,yes it can be offensive,obviously the bloke was by no means a nazi.
          Anyways,this is just one of the uniforms they've put me in,Merlin was way funnier!

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
            Really?

PC can go too far, If he removes all insignia he might as well turn up and skirmish as Blakey from On the buses

I think we should all focus on this aspect... Too many deep and involved conversations going on for this hobby of ours.

Bus - soft could well be the future.

Total class comment, brilliant.
            Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
            Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

The way I see it somebody has to be the enemy. If I paid £50 to play a ww2 weekender and arrived to find 200 Tommys stood there I'd be pretty disappointed.
              As for regular skirmishes as long as it's done tastefully and correctly I'm fine with it.
              If however somebody turned up in a poor loadout wearing a giant swastika flag like a cape and spouting racist, homophobic and antisemitic cr*p I might have a problem with that.

This thread confuses me, it reads like an argument but everybody is agreeing with eachother. Sense no makes!
              Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
              I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

Hmmm,

Having actually met and interviewed a gentleman who finally informed us he had been Liebstandarte AH and served on the Russian front I have differing views on this He was a deeply honourable man who fought with valour and I believed he had no idea of the atrocities carried out, even when he was interviewed his reluctance to reveal his past was down to the shame he still felt to that day. ( He was not found in need of a further investigation into war crimes)

Dressing in such a fashion is not my thing even for softing, normal army fine, SS not for me. I can however get my head around the fighting arm of the SS, The actual dress uniform though, far too sinister, field uniform fine.

Did have smart uniforms though.

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
                Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Roxy View Post

This thread confuses me, it reads like an argument but everybody is agreeing with eachother. Sense no makes!
                  Yeah it's weird, it's like people want it to descend into an argument, even when it's not. They want to have a go at people for getting on their high horse but no one has..LOL.

Comment

I would think that should anybody cough to dressing as Goering for fun it might descend into a feeding frenzy. Whats next, peeps dressing as KKK members for clan wars?

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

i do a bit or re-enactment and i started doing brit out of patriotism but quite admired the look of the smart german gear but i've done german too now and i'll take the practicality of the brit gear any day.the german stuff rides up and needs constant attention and as for getting the webbing on... its virtually a two man job!
                      may look very impressive but its essentially ww1 stuff with a little more style,the brit webbing for ww2 i'd say is very usable by today's standards! may not look so sexy though.

Comment

in germany they dont use the swastikas anymore.radio control modelists use a swastika with small lines joining it all up,so close up its no longer a swastika and thus avoiding all abusive remarks/complaints.
                        but at a distance it still has the correct historical look/feel to the model.
                        sigpic
                        Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
                        Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

Originally posted by magslap View Post
                          in germany they dont use the swastikas anymore.radio control modelists use a swastika with small lines joining it all up,so close up its no longer a swastika and thus avoiding all abusive remarks/complaints.
                          but at a distance it still has the correct historical look/feel to the model.
                          I don't know if it still is, but when I spent some time in Germany in the 80's it was illegal to display a swastika. Model kits for the German market had them cut out of the decal sheets!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
                            I don't know if it still is, but when I spent some time in Germany in the 80's it was illegal to display a swastika. Model kits for the German market had them cut out of the decal sheets!
                            it could be,the makers that ive spoken too painted their own emblems,with the slight change.
                            sigpic
                            Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
                            Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

This chap reminds me of a local council official we have walking the streets around here...

There called "civil enforcement officers",

Traffic wardens to you and me !

Comment

I think it's illegal in France, too.
                                I do know that for the filming of the "Battle of Britain" movie, they needed special permission to fly the "German" aircraft over France to Britain. At that time, the Spanish air force were still using Me109s, etc. and repainted them for the flying sequences of the film.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dellusional_Maniac Find out more about Dellusional_Maniac
                                Working...
                                X