Generic Russian/Eastern bloc look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Generic Russian/Eastern bloc look

I sometimes use Ukrainian Ttsko - On this occasion, I was using it with a Russian RD-54, but ignore that for now hah - was just mix matching on the day.

Comment

Damn you 10 minute edit limit!

Anyway actually having thought about it, that probably wouldnt be a very practical loadout, not for woodland anyway, would look pretty nifty in urban/CQB though. Might have to go with a plain OD look, which with some work I suppose I could double up quite nicely as a 'nam look.

I do quite like the Ukrainian Ttsko look, however its also hard as hell to find without selling a kidney on the black market D:

Comment

Just for reference the uniform from Goldeneye is the M69/Hebe uniform. Can still be found cheaply but mostly only in small sizes.

Comment

I still think of the sniper's loadout from Behind Enemy Lines whenever this sort of question crops up.

The film should also give some good ideas for both military and paramilitary style uniforms.

Comment

been there done that.

i want ww2 kit now i got my ppsh
            any one know of any places? :C
            i looked can't find squat

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler View Post
              been there done that.

i want ww2 kit now i got my ppsh
              any one know of any places? :C
              i looked can't find squat
              I do, but I don't want to be bum-raped by mods just for helping someone out to find a Russian kit shop. :S

Is it safe to do so in PM's?

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

>>
                [email protected]

Comment

Whilst the topic is here, thought I might update my quest for eastern bloc goodness.

Ive gone for a sort of generic rebel look;
                  - OD trousers
                  - Plain black infantry boods
                  - OD shemagh worn as a bandana
                  - Set of old battered 58 pattern webbing
                  - Fingerless leather gloves
                  - Russian Telnyashka shirt (that blue & white striped military shirt) to be worn beneath combat shirt with the top open slightly.

Planning on looking something like this:

Now Im loking for a shirt to go with it, I dont want to go fully OD and have an OD shirt, I was thinking flecktarn or maybe even just an old battered S95 pattern DPM shirt. Another possibility is the Polish/East European camo, dunno what its called but it looks a lot like US Tricolour woodland. Im leaning towards flecktarn so far. Any other suggestions? Will also need to grow some sort of scruffy gooatee beard :P
                  Last edited by Tiercel; 14 February, 2011, 15:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post

Any idea what this uniform is called or a "close enough" easily available alternative? This is the kind of look Id like to go for, seeing as russian camo appears to be nigh on impossible to get without taking out a mortgage.

Anyone got a list of the kit theyre wearing?

It never occured to me before, but the officer here looks like he's about to break into song. Is this Goldeneye: The Musical!?
                    "A shooter of limited skill, but dangerous enthusiasm."

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                      - Russian Telnyashka shirt (that blue & white striped military shirt) to be worn beneath combat shirt with the top open slightly.

Now Im loking for a shirt to go with it, I dont want to go fully OD and have an OD shirt, I was thinking flecktarn or maybe even just an old battered S95 pattern DPM shirt. Another possibility is the Polish/East European camo, dunno what its called but it looks a lot like US Tricolour woodland. Im leaning towards flecktarn so far. Any other suggestions? Will also need to grow some sort of scruffy gooatee beard :P
                      A telnyashka isn't exactly generic since they're only worn by the Russian & Ukrainian navy and elite units. But you can buy them anywhere so it wouldn't exactly be wrong.

If you go S95 with OD trouser and 58P webbing you'll just look like a poor attempt at a cold war Brit. Hows about some Yugo/Serb M93?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SERBIAN-ARMY-C...item27b89d95b4

Comment

Oh nice find, Im liking that a lot. And its even in my size! Must be a sign!

Comment

Finally got all the bits together.

What do you guys think? I think it looks good, though the OD trousers look too new, everything else is battered worn in surplus which looks great. Not too much of a problem though, a few months of rolling in the mud ought to wear them down nicely. Working on some tactical stubble as well, give it a week and itll be a fine slavic goatee!
                          Didnt realise the bottom button on the shirt had come undone either! So ignore that Dx Too many pies on my behalf!

Who would have thought shemaghs would be so versatile? Works nicely for a sort of sniper/marksman look too.

Been thinking of maybe getting a generic black, green or maroon beret or something as well, no badging of course, instead of the shemagh as it gets hot as hell very quickly with that thing on!

Really liking the '58 webbing though, its so damn comfortable and FINALLY something that holds AK mags!

The last photo is crap, I know However trying to use a self timer photo and tripod, then get into position etc I was starting to lose my rag with it and stopped caring in the end! Will try to get some better photos outside at some point, however I dont think the neighbours would appreciate me storming round our communal back garden like this! :D

Comment

The webbing is really good (and even better considering it holds AK mags), and adds to the whole ensemble
                            Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Nice generic look, works well as an Eastern European loadout. Not bad at all.

The Shemagh is really out of place, though. I find that mostly Western soldiers wear them. If I were you, I'd swap it out for something else.

If you're going for berets, that's a good decision, but don't get a maroon one as the real Maroon Berets asked that airsofters don't wear them as it's a huge honour that took a lot of pain and intense trials to earn and is sometimes awarded to soldiers only after death.

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

Yeah I was thinking it might be a bit out of place, may go for a plain OD bandana instead, or a beret, was thinking probably black or green for the beret, with no badging of course.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
                                Working...
                                X