• Show
Clear All

Re: Generic Russian/Eastern bloc look

OD bandana is the way to go!!

Also, if you do want badging, I can help you out with that. :P

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

OD bandana it is then! I have no idea what badges would be appropriate Im afraid, hell I dont even know what country its supposed to be from :P Just a serbian camo shirt and some OD Fatigues, was going for a sort of generic eastern bloc militia look from the early 90's Im certainly open to any suggestions or tips you might have though!

Comment

Also, I remember people were talking about Afghan loadouts on here...

Well, had a game recently. Here's mine.

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

Bosnisn sniper:

Taken, iirc, during the seige of Sarajevo. This guy is busy trying to counter-snipe the serbs on the ridges surrounding the city.

As for headgear: headband or lose
          Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
            Hey all.

Ive finally succumbed, the Rusky bug has bitten me. I want a loadout to go with my AK, ideally I would absolutely die for a set of flora camo or better yet some SURPAT however I really cant afford it. So I was wondering if anyone had some sort of generic eastern bloc/soviet type loadout I could get some ideas for.

I saw on wikipedia that the russian/easern bloc chaps have been known to wear flektarn, can anyone verify this? As I was thinking something along the lines of Flecktarn trews, OD shirt (perhaps the other way round, fleck top OD trews?) and some sort of AK chicom chest rig. Or perhaps even a totally OD look. I dunno...

Anyway Im rambling now, back to the point, anyone got any photos or tips for doing a good russian/eastern bloc soviet look without breaking the bank. Im not going for any particular "military branch" look, so not too fussed, just something that looks the job.
            what do you have on your minds by meaning easter block ?? Any specific or particular country ? Any specifc or particular time - 50? 60? 70? 80 - 90 ?? As you know ,easter block contained with a few countries ( east germany, poland, czechoslvakia, romunia, bulgaria, albania soviet union ?) , it will be much more easier to us if we know some extra infromatons.

Comment

Originally posted by whiteman View Post
              what do you have on your minds by meaning easter block ?? Any specific or particular country ? Any specifc or particular time - 50? 60? 70? 80 - 90 ?? As you know ,easter block contained with a few countries ( east germany, poland, czechoslvakia, romunia, bulgaria, albania soviet union ?) , it will be much more easier to us if we know some extra infromatons.

Nothing in particular, I was aiming for a sort of generic East European/Soviet Satellite state militia look, lets say the sort of poland/czechslovakia/Ukraine area, as for a timezone, around the end/collapse of the soviet union so late 80's - early 90's, some sort of bizare tribute to nostalgia as I remember it always being on the news in my childhood

Comment

So it is a time of soviet-afghan war ( 1979-89). Everything from soviet 80's involved in afgan conflict would be right and recommened. Some stuff ( belts, slings, mag pouches ) look almost the same ( except a few details such ), so if you get some of them from any easter bock pact ( ie: in poland you can get LWP harness belts + mag pouch+ backpak for 15-18gbp + shipping ) i, in my opinion it would be fine.

Only soviets / russians and special units used at this time a chestrigs. You can modyfi chicom if you want, or pay 60gbp for oryginal soviet chestrig.
                Additionally harness belts lay in wearhauses and are still used by all post soviet block countires

Ukrainan has become independend country in 1991.

I remember it always being on the news in my childhood
                I remember when I was staying at the front of food store for 3-4 hours to get some food such as bread or dairy. I remember that it happen at front of my eyes and I remember economical and political transformation with its all results and side effects.
                But it is not a part of this toppic, so im not going to continiue it any more, unless I am asked.

Something for watchinghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9NqG...0B9762919C6328
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jokJJ...eature=related
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5HmgrY2Ceo
                http://lwp2.bloog.pl/
                http://razwiedka.rus.mil.pl/category/4_galeria.html

btw- http://http://img403.imageshack.us/i.../ebpc04web.jpg
                His trousers are not green as you though before. He is using afganka trousers

Comment

Heres what I went for when I felt the call of the motherland:

I know its not a great pic, and im using a Romanian foregrip.
                  But hey, at least i had a go! :D

Comment

I like the romanian foregrip, and it obviously fits with the Eastern Bloc look (being an orgininal Wawsaw Pact state), although I much prefer folding stock romanian AKs.
                    Steyr AUG A1 & 6 mags and TBB for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Machaon View Post
                      Iit obviously fits with the Eastern Bloc look (being an orgininal Wawsaw Pact state), although I much prefer folding stock romanian AKs.
                      Well yes, but my loadout is a Russian style one. I was trying to avoid slipping into an Eastern Bloc style. I just find the Romanian foregrip very comfortable.
                      ohh, and I would also like a folding stock AK, but im not made of money! :D

Comment

Originally posted by Kamarov View Post
                        Also, I remember people were talking about Afghan loadouts on here...

Well, had a game recently. Here's mine.
                        Im liking the loadout Kamarov! I was wondering though, what helmet are you using? And where could i get it?

Is it the SSh-60? Or an M60/ M40 helmet? (I cant really tell)

Thanks

Comment

Cheers. It's a Soviet SSh-68 helmet with Afghan Panama hat used as the inside lining, as they did in Afghanistan. And the inside of mine is rusted to hell, so it keeps my head clean. :P

The vest is a 6B3. Nice vest, comfortable, still allows you to run. Even with the titanium plates in it that I refuse to remove.

Also, please, please, please either get a grey/blue Ushanka or just swap out that horrid black one for something a bit less comical-looking. I'm not being mean, but they really make me laugh. Is this what English people think we really look like? XD

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

Hahah, fair enough. Ill get me a grey one for next winters loadout. Why do no russians wear the black ones? Just wondering..

Right, im definitely going to get an SSh-68. Thanks for the help.

Comment

No problem, anytime, mate.

Black is for the Navy, and they're not that puffy or huge. That's how you can tell an Ushanka is from China, if it's in that style. Also if the Soviet badges on them are too shiny on the brass bits and not sharp on the back.

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

Great Thread this one

I have an Aks74U, but am having trouble with loadout options, because it is all so expensive :S. I have a MOLLE (OD) vest which is perfect for my needs, but I was hoping an eastern block country would use such a vest, with such a weapon... but what camo? Anyone who says DPM will be shot, although that was the basis for the Romanian camo schemes... Hmm. Ideally it would be quite cheap, but I want my loadout to be infrequent... I'm no Multicam/ACU warrior!
                                Thanks, Billy B

I will reply to Pms in due course (Kamarov), I have just been released from Hospital. Again....)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Tiercel Find out more about Tiercel
                                Working...
                                X