Advice on kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice on kit.

Liftchigs are still more common than actual armoured vests in the Russian military. A mate of mine in the military has an entire warehouse full of them.

They've been used in Chechnya, Georgia, and to this day in many internal situations. Plus, I've seen them in use sh*tloads.

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

What are you defining as a lifchik exactly ? I realise its a general slang term that can apply to any chest rig but when I refer to them I mean the unnamed models manufactured at the end of the 80s.
      I don't recall seeing any in use in Georgia and the only only time I've seen it in recent years is the odd demonstration.

Comment

As in Liftchig I mean all types and models that originated from the simple 3-magazine chest rig worn on the chest.

It's literally everywhere. Old ones, new ones, hell, my mate and his company who fought in Georgia used Afghan-era ones when he was sent to Tskhinval as a communications officer on the front line.

Да, да, я - Русский.

Comment

Interesting, I've seen everything but in pics from Georgia. I can't say I'm surprised though, the Russian military throws nothing away! If you've got any pics I'd like to see them.

Comment

Depends on the time period. The plain khaki uniform is popular but hard to find these days at an affordable price. However the coyote BDU uniform from xxxxxxxx is a good lookalike. Make sure you get the durable one instead of the cheaper polycotton version though - The polycotton one actually shines!!! The cost is around £60 for a full uniform. If you want camo then I have brand new sets of flora camo available for £55 posted. As for load bearing equipment, the chicom rig is a good one to go for, or the lifchik and either would fit with the plain khaki uniform. I also have flora camo load bearing vests available that hold 10 magazines plus extra kit pockets for £55. If you need any more help on this drop me a PM. Some of my friends consider me an expert on this matter!!!!
            Last edited by Caveira; 11 March, 2011, 11:10. Reason: retailer

Comment

Originally posted by Lardassmonkey View Post
              Interesting, I've seen everything but in pics from Georgia. I can't say I'm surprised though, the Russian military throws nothing away! If you've got any pics I'd like to see them.
              This is my one:

Does the trick for me.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RPK for president. Love to airsoft whenever possible ,but Saturday school is a bitch! Find out more about RPK for president.
              Working...
              X