Semi auto sniper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Semi auto sniper?

No, he meant lock it at semi. Not just shooting. So it can't be shot in full auto at all.

Comment

To be honest, as he has to keep it under 381/site fps, theres little point locking an aeg to semi other than for looks....

Especially as he will othewise have to take the gun down to fix any locks that are normaly fixable by selecting auto for a second even to fire a single shot.... AEGs are not meant to work in semi... its a gimick, and quite.... dodgy as most shooters will know. Half lock piston with a semi locked gun = strip to make it shoot again.

Whats the advantage again?

Comment

Some sites (admittedly illiegally), let you use semi-locked AEGs running up to 420ish fps. M14s, SR25s and so forth. I know that semi isn't a gearbox's natural way of running, but at said sites, full auto must be disabled in order for you to up the FPS. I would prefer a boltie to be honest, but some people like semi shot snipers. And it's very easy to do. An M14, for instance, if you remove one small screw the large bit of plastic at the back, both modes will be semi auto. you can then replace the screw very easily; both the disable and the enable require you just to take off the stock, which, as any m14 owner will know, takes about 3 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets View Post
          Some sites (admittedly illiegally), let you use semi-locked AEGs running up to 420ish fps. M14s, SR25s and so forth. I know that semi isn't a gearbox's natural way of running, but at said sites, full auto must be disabled in order for you to up the FPS. I would prefer a boltie to be honest, but some people like semi shot snipers. And it's very easy to do. An M14, for instance, if you remove one small screw the large bit of plastic at the back, both modes will be semi auto. you can then replace the screw very easily; both the disable and the enable require you just to take off the stock, which, as any m14 owner will know, takes about 3 seconds.
          I have to agree with this , although a very grey area, technically converting a full auto weapon to semi-auto is illegal and not allowed on many sites. If you are wanting the convenience of electric but the extra power of a semi-auto a G&G gr25 or psg1 are logical steps to avoid arguement as they are stock semi out of the box. However both of these guns can be converted to full auto, pointless I know but all the same very do-able. So I have to agree with The keeper of secrets, a bolt action rifle is the way forward. The site I regularly play at allows the use of converted semi auto aegs but they have to be proven to the site organiser that the gun cannot be changed quickly back to full auto while out in the field. Still seems a little pointless to me as the m14 is an incredibly well ranged rifle as standard.
          If it's cheap and reliable it won't be fast, if it's cheap and fast it won't be reliable and if it's fast and reliable it won't be cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by Stonemonkey View Post
            I have to agree with this , although a very grey area, technically converting a full auto weapon to semi-auto is illegal and not allowed on many sites. If you are wanting the convenience of electric but the extra power of a semi-auto a G&G gr25 or psg1 are logical steps to avoid arguement as they are stock semi out of the box. However both of these guns can be converted to full auto, pointless I know but all the same very do-able. So I have to agree with The keeper of secrets, a bolt action rifle is the way forward. The site I regularly play at allows the use of converted semi auto aegs but they have to be proven to the site organiser that the gun cannot be changed quickly back to full auto while out in the field. Still seems a little pointless to me as the m14 is an incredibly well ranged rifle as standard.
            The supposed legality of semi guns that can be converted to auto is the same.... they arent.... theres no specific laws for them....

IF the gun is capable of discharging more than one shot per trigger pull, its a full auto weapon....

the law mentions that for rifled.... not airsoft, and commonly mistaken

but ANY (including smooth bore airsoft) ANY weapon that is self loading, and fires over 381 REQUIRES A FIREARMS LICENCE...... check out the firearms act... a fair few sites do break the law.

Comment

Ok my mistake sorry for mis-information . Thank you for clearing that up for me.
              If it's cheap and reliable it won't be fast, if it's cheap and fast it won't be reliable and if it's fast and reliable it won't be cheap!

Comment

Sniper12 in response to your initial post check with your local site organiser about if it is allowed and if it is allowed then ask the power limit. thats all I can say really, The site I go to will allow semi auto only rifles to run at 425 fps but that is the site I go to and all seem to be different.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten View Post
                  To be honest, as he has to keep it under 381/site fps, theres little point locking an aeg to semi other than for looks....

Especially as he will othewise have to take the gun down to fix any locks that are normaly fixable by selecting auto for a second even to fire a single shot.... AEGs are not meant to work in semi... its a gimick, and quite.... dodgy as most shooters will know. Half lock piston with a semi locked gun = strip to make it shoot again.

Whats the advantage again?
                  Not true, my M14's running at 360fps. My site won't let me use it on full auto. Pretty much the same with M16. Just would like to know how to lock them on semi

Comment

Originally posted by Fingers View Post
                    Not true, my M14's running at 360fps. My site won't let me use it on full auto. Pretty much the same with M16. Just would like to know how to lock them on semi
                    Kitten is totally correct I'm afraid.

I believe the point that kitten is making (among others) is that if you have a factory build full auto weapon you are not allowed to run it over 381fps (with 0.2g bb) whether you've locked it to semi-auto only or not- it's always a full auto weapon as far as the law is concerned.

If your site lets you run it at 360 Fps, then they and you are safely within the law. They may however have an in-house rule that for example any AEG over a site limit of say 350fps (0.2g bb) but under 381fps, the AEG must be used on semi-only Thats not uncommon. Any site allowing FPS beyond 381fps for an AEG locked-or not is on dodgy ground and may find themselves uninsured.

In any case, as Kitten points out, by disabling the full auto function you will almost certainly run into trouble during the course of the day with the gearbox locking. In short there is little point in disabling the full auto.
                    Drop'm out with a low cap and save the environment.

Comment

Guys i think you will find most sites are breaking the laws by allowing converted full-auto to semi-auto rifles to fire at 420, they are just taking advantage of the 10% allowances made for measuring inaccuracies, because 381+10% is around 319. A few sites i have played at use the 10% + or - rule, also the police use it for speeding aswell to allow for speedometer inaccuracies, i know 10% is quite a big difference but there must a reason for it.
                      And to answer the question of how to lock to semi a m16 there used ot be some selecotr plates that would only fire semi-auto saw them ages ago on a HK site i do believe cant remember for sure tho.
                      Finally Kitten if you are locking a ICS m4/m16 series rifle to semi only the working forward assist is perfect for stopping the problems you described.

Comment

Originally posted by music_man613 View Post
                        Guys i think you will find most sites are breaking the laws by allowing converted full-auto to semi-auto rifles to fire at 420
                        You've driven Alfer to the devils liquid again. I think this has been done to death. Lets not let this become a legal argument.
                        sigpic
                        Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                        I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Was supposed to say 'Most sites ARENT breaking the rules' i will be buying a new keyboard and triple checking my typing now.

Comment

....... Yep done to death - I'm trusting people in the ARU in the Thames Valley & Met Police over airsofters rumours......

I think this thread best locked - if people want to argue it - then people - Use the search function there are several threads regarding the matter.
                            I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE IF I BREAK THE RULES.

Comment

Good advice tbh, BUT, I think in terms of airsoft's legal state at the moment, RISKING 10% is damn dangerous.... do people WANT this sport shut down?

Trust me, the govornment would LOVE the chance.... If the Aba meetings were anything to go by... Our exemption is quite possibly the most cunningly executed length of rope for us to hang ourselves with... so far, we are GREAT at tying knots...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                              X