Tell me what you think of this..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tell me what you think of this..

I think the red dot look ok because this is support gun so I dont think ACOG or any other scope will be suitable on this gun. Dont forget this is not an assault rifle or a sniper
    I will shoot you all.

Comment

yeah... I dunno I really liked it when I first put it on.. but slowly as I have had it in front of me, the look just got worse and worse.

I guess I'll go for a 551 or an ELCAN now, but I'm still gonna keep the front iron sight off.. I like it like that deffo. Oh and dont worry about it being top heavy.. it would need my house on the RIS to make it top heavy!

cheers for all your opinions and ideas.. whos gonna sell me one of the above? haha
      Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

i guess people forget this when looking at things. dose it work for the purpose if it can co witness with the iron sites use the irons for long range and the doctor for snap shooting/cqc.

Comment

why spend so much on a G&P Ranger and then take all the bits off it honestly
          Gangsta lean, it's not all bad...

Comment

Originally posted by waltzinblack View Post
            And no im not just trying to show it off - genuinely want to guage opinion! haha
            Show off :p

I actually think it's alright. Not great, but not bad either. I hate to say it, but very COD4 lol. It's actually so small you barely notice it. Maybe you could sit it back and hide it amongst the iron sights.

Still.. why are we having this conversation? M249's don't need sights at all! You just hold your finger down and direct the white line of bbs to where you want!

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

I would say it looks fine. Do you feel comfortable using it in a skirmish like that? If so, keep it an shoot anyone who says it looks wierd I wouldn't go for an elkan or elcan, They're far too bulky for what an ACOG could be doing. If you decide you really need the magnification. Get an ACOG and stick the Doc on top.

Function over form and all that.

Comment

Here's another option, how about a SUSAT?

Comment

AHH KILL IT WITH FIRE

Unfortunately I think you need a bit more of a beefy sight, e.g. a ELCAN or An Aimpoint
                  Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                  It just annoys me that M79s are in MW2 when everyone else is using stupid futureweapons.

Derbyshire- apparently the secret training grounds of the Russian special forces.

Comment

Nice idea,

Support guns are exactly that spraw and pray thats the fun of them to provide cover.

But each to there own. I have to agree with many others if your going to fit a scope on a big gun make it a big scope as that looks lost on there.
                    Sir we are f&cked we are surrounded. Son we are not f&cked we are in a target rich enviroment.
                    Team Spartan & GZ Marshal (No longer a ZX12 owner have gone to the poweranger's toy of choice ZX10R)
                    Any post's are my own opinion.

Comment

Is that one of the mini reflexes? It's soo cute! Aimpoint with the 2x lense?
                      "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Im sure ive seen a picture of a real steel 249 set up like that on arnies somewhere... will go have a check.

Personally Id say too small (its what she said too )

Comment

I like it, problem i found with SUSAT or AGOG is you get tunnel vision and as the M249 is an area support gun, you want to maintain a good field of view .

Plus if it breaks mid game you dont have to mess about taking it off to get to the iron sights

Comment

I agree. large gun, large optics. ACOG would look skilled!
                            Armory:
                            A&K M249 - A&K Dragunov - CYMA AK47-s - JG G36C - JG Scorpion - Warrior L96 - JG M4A1 - KS P90

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TS_Welshy Find out more about TS_Welshy
                            Working...
                            X