Silencers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Silencers?

I find that there is a noticeable difference on my GSPEC and a slight change in sound on my G3 SAS with one on.
    Knowledge is power

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrisianspirit View Post
      Suppressors aren't illegal in the UK, if you have a valid reason. Surprisingly for airsoft you don't even need special permission. :p
      And a valid reason is protecting your hearing! Winning!

Personally I think silencers can look super awesome on some builds, and they allow you to build guns with what in real life would be 4 inch barrels with a massive silencer - all round win!
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Haha good point ^^
        My iTrader:
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=103714

sigpic

Comment

There's a noticeable difference on my m4 with one fitted,it seems to remove the "crack"...

Comment

Yeah, you get a dull thud instead of a sharp crack.
            And they look cool (sometimes...)
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
              Like this? Minus the drum mag
              Yep. it looks like you bought a job lot of bits and didn't want to waste anything ;P

Comment

Haha an what's wrong with that, waste not want not haha
                My iTrader:
                http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=103714

sigpic

Comment

Theres not a single but of kit on there that doesnt make adifference or i dont use.
                  And theres a big ol surefire torch on there now too

Comment

Originally posted by Stickybomb View Post
                    Sorry for the really bad filming...
                    But heres an example of a hi capa 5.1 with and without a silencer. There is really not much difference at all.
                    (when the video goes black dont worry, its me realising the safety is on...)
                    http://s1215.photobucket.com/albums/...316_174152.mp4
                    The reason you can't tell the difference with a gbb pistol is cos most of the noise comes from the slide going back and forward....nbb pistols are almost silent because they don't have a chunk of metal/plastic being thrown back and forward!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk
                    You’d think that lipos are prone to failure and then spawn gremlins who then tear up your garden, embroider your underwear, wet your bed, then swap your sports car with a Prius.

Comment

Originally posted by sid0201 View Post
                      The reason you can't tell the difference with a gbb pistol is cos most of the noise comes from the slide going back and forward....nbb pistols are almost silent because they don't have a chunk of metal/plastic being thrown back and forward!
                      Your new suppressor working well?

Comment

Personally, I like them if it's for the likes of an M4 etc without a front sight on the gas block, in terms of aesthetics, they look good IMHO.

I run a short (about 4 inches) Carbon Suppressor on my King Arms Troy (originally fitted with Noise Pig) and it goes far enough into the rail system to be reminiscent of the older CQB-R M4s.
                        It sleeves the Inner barrel with only about an inch of exposed muzzle, so I can't imagine it would do much in the line of suppressing...just looks cool :p

It's pretty much the complete opposite as my AK104 which now has it's Noise Pig :D

I'm planning on getting a longer front end and a longer suppressor to cover the longer inner barrel to give an almost, fully floating suppressed system.

Operation wise, best suppressors I've heard are on the Marui VSR G-Spec, MK23 Socom and a modded MP5-SD - They've all given a soft THUNK instead of the sharp CRACK of other guns.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DARKWOLF1298 THE LEGEND Find out more about DARKWOLF1298
                        Working...
                        X