how to find genuine lipo chargers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to find genuine lipo chargers?

how the hell do i know? ive been looking for ages and some on ebay are quite clearly fake, im after an iMAX B6 but cant find a real one! how do people find them?

Re: how to find genuine lipo chargers?

Not sure you can, just maybe don't buy a black one
    Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
    Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

Try not to just look for air soft.charger or lipo charger look on remote control car websites. Will send u pm

Comment

if it was that simple id be happy but there both blue and copy the real one exactly but the fake ones smoke and die after a week! even on GENUINE sites there selling fake ones!

Comment

I always buy mine from a rc /model shop that way if they pack up you get a refund / replacement .
          Have just brought a new one jp lipro dual 6 , quality bit of kit with inbuilt mains supply and 12/18 volt inbuilt supply no fans just a proper heavyweight heat sink in it does any battery u can name . I paid 58 quid for it but I know it's a good investment coz batteries are not cheap!!

Comment

i dont wanna spend a bundle starting to regret the whole lipo thing at the moment

Comment

It's worth it !!! And a good charger can breath fresh life into your nimh batteries as well

Comment

i just dont have that kinda cash :\

Comment

who told you that he fake ones are unreliable?, im asking because i bought a B6 clone called a mystery of the bay for 20 odd quid, and i have had it over a year with no problems, it looks the same does exactley the same functions...its just rebranded

its a blue one btw
                  VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                  trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Have a hunt around rc car/ model plane forums , should be able to find a charger on there . I think the guy at my local shop brought that charger you named will do some homework on where he brought it and how much he paid

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                      who told you that he fake ones are unreliable?, im asking because i bought a B6 clone called a mystery of the bay for 20 odd quid, and i have had it over a year with no problems, it looks the same does exactley the same functions...its just rebranded

its a blue one btw
                      heya sparrow, and its not rebranded ones that are the problem its the clones, i was after an iMAX B6 and theres loads of them but they all have the tell tale signs of being fake, and youtube vids online reviews and websites claim that they dont last long at all, yours is obviously fine

Comment

Do you NEED a super expensive all singing all dancing iMax charger thing?

For my lipos I use a cheap Turnigy thing that looks like this:

Cost me a fiver and been going strong for a year or so now! Batteries are charged fine and no smoking or fires!

Comment

see thats what i wanted to get! but the general consensus was to get the computer controlled ones, i would prefer safety though to be fair

Comment

yeh but mine is a so called fake, irrc it came from australia....and cost around £22, tbh i was dubious about getting it, but finances forced me to take the gamble, and i have not regretted it
                            VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                            trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

that is a smart charger, it charges and balances the cells and it cuts off when the batteries are fully charged.

The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated, as is anything in airsoft like the confirmed 500m sniper kills :/

Get the turnigy charger, if youre really worried about lipo bombs get a lipo charging fire bag as well for a few quid and only charge it when youre in the room/house.

I leave mine on charge with that charger overnight, and being a dangerous rebel who likes to live life on the edge I dont use a fire bag either... it hasnt burnt the house down yet.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
                              Working...
                              X