how to find genuine lipo chargers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: how to find genuine lipo chargers?

Theyre all a copy of something, its just repeating designs.. the iMax style chargers are all powered by Atmega32AU microcontrollers, all do pretty much the same thing. the cheaper ones are just more likely to have lower quality control/bad solder joints etc..

the best place to buy one from is a model shop, they know a damn sight more than any airsoft retailer about lithium batteries and how they are charged..
    lets not all forget that the first peak chargers were made by 4 cell carpet racers..
    Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

The cheap ones are ok, as most people say above.

Personally I'd save up and get a Turnigy Accucell 6. Costs about £35 as is, plus £10 for a mains adaptor from Eagle 6 (ZeroOne don't sell them).
      He supplies it with a bunch of battery adaptors too.

Comment

I'd save up mate.

I view it as false economy to buy a charger that costs less then the batteries you charge on it.

Plus, think about how much you've spent on the AEG. Why charge it on a cheap charger. Especially if you end up with a lipo that has to be charged while inside the gun. It's not a risk id take

I paid about £120 all in for my charger and batteries (at the time two 7.4v Kong Power 30C batteries), soundest decision I've made airsoft wise.
        AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

thanks for all the help guys i definately want to go for a balanced one or one that can re balance cells

Comment

I have had an "iMax B6" from ebay, the £25 variety. No idea if it clone or not.... but I've done hundreds of charges on it now with no problems at all!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BALBOSA Sound Designer\Sound Recordist, Outdoor enthusiast and all round crafty bugger, one of the 2 founding members of team unit-13, if you would like info on the team feel free to drop me a pm Find out more about BALBOSA
            Working...
            X