Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rainproofing AEGs

That aqua stop looks ninja!
    I reckon a bag around mag (cardboard construction :O) and a liberal spray of that stuff should do it... would be an expensive mistake though...
    Maybe I'll just wait til I've built a British style 50rnd jungle contact mag for it...
    | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Comment

Sorry on a side note.
      Love the signature X-Ray!
      LiFe CHEMISTRY WIN!
      | Systema L119A1 UGL PTW || Echo 1 L7A2 GPMG || G&P L110A2 Minimi || Custom L129A1 || KSC Glock 17 || Inokatsu Sig P226 || KSC Glock 18C |

Comment

I've heard aquastop is very good, but i've never tried it, but i've been out in most weathers and never had any bother, I think the main rain related problem, if there was any, would be rust on the metal body parts, so I think your G36 should stand up pretty well Chris.
        "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

The battery is stored in the foregrip... which has vents on the top... I was mostly worried about the damp getting at that, but I am far less worried now
          King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
          https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
          www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
            I guess anything aquaphobic or waterproof would work... I have no idea how you would keep water/damp out a mag! Maybe rubber o rings stretched round any openings?
            Use a big version of heatshrink or packaging heat shrink and that should solve the problem if aqua stop dosen't or you could actually use cling film....

X-ray

Comment

Originally posted by blytm View Post
              Without trying to bring the tone down what about using the spray on condom stuff thats popular in germany? Silly as it may sounds but it would work just as well in theory.
              What???

After all the hours of viewing and researching "Gentleman's interest" material on t'internet, I've never heard of such a product?

My own preferred method for waterproofing my AEGs is called "A House" to wit, I never go out in the rain. That, my friends, is a mug's game!
              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Isnt spray on condom stuff just something that kills the sperm off rather than stop it entering the vag altogether like a propper jonny..... pesticide/insecticide/spermicide????? Something like that lol
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                  What???

After all the hours of viewing and researching "Gentleman's interest" material on t'internet, I've never heard of such a product?

My own preferred method for waterproofing my AEGs is called "A House" to wit, I never go out in the rain. That, my friends, is a mug's game!
                  Why oh why am I not suprised your the first to comment or even notice this BAMF Haha. I saw something on it a few years ago, it's original use was an invisible condom but I reakon this would work ok and then at least you can get out of the house you big pansy! Man up and get in the rain!!

EDIT: @Joe: From what I remember it actually coats your tackle and washes off afterwards and leaves your seed well you can guess the rest...

Anyway back on topic Aqua stuff the best idea it would seem

Comment

I can assure you it has purely been for "Research purposes" and nothing untoward.

Fairweather skirmisher here and proud of it! I don't spend all that money on kit to potentially get it ruined.
                    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by blytm View Post
                      Why oh why am I not suprised your the first to comment or even notice this BAMF Haha. I saw something on it a few years ago, it's original use was an invisible condom but I reakon this would work ok and then at least you can get out of the house you big pansy! Man up and get in the rain!!

EDIT: @Joe: From what I remember it actually coats your tackle and washes off afterwards and leaves your seed well you can guess the rest...

Anyway back on topic Aqua stuff the best idea it would seem
                      wait a minute i cant go back on topic after hearing this are you mad!

How the hell does the spunk stay put? Thats got to be one thick old coat of spray to form the thickness and play in a condom. Id not rely on some gunge to stop me impregnating the fat bird from the night before i tell ya!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
                        Id not rely on some gunge to stop me impregnating the fat bird from the night before i tell ya!
                        Oh if I wasnt a MOD I would Sig that haha. Sadly I will have to remove this side track soon enough but yeah it 'stops' it. So if it can stop 90mph spirts a bit of rain should be no problem :D

Comment

...I'm not a mod...

Anyway... has anyone had a motor die from playing in the rain? I don't mean dunking your M4 into a puddle, I mean just getting wet through use, and the damp air.
                          King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                          www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Rain aint gonna hurt an aeg, ive seen prople fall in lakes(bug puddles), streams and small puddles, only damage was to their pride lol.
                            Theres videos on yt of people submerging aegs for prolonged periods and then firing them fine, albiet the first few shots were clearing water out of the rif.
                            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I used to just use shrink wrap and electrical tape on the connections... would also tape up the battery and deans connector if it was raining hard.
                              My old ARES EBR survived a dunk in a puddle because the electrics were insulated well enough... same cant be said for the aimpoint I was using
                              Kiran Payne
                              TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                              Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

I really dont think you need to worry about a little rain.

Unless of course youre using a systema in which case a spot of rain turns your PRO LEET TACTICOOL BESTEST AM GUN EVAR into a very expensive paperweight :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

crasstoe Chris, 23, White, Male, 5'7 Find out more about crasstoe
                                Working...
                                X